Twitter: KC: Dak must reach playoffs consistently if he's paid premium QB money

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Jan 6, 2021.

1. IceStarD54

IceStarD54 Well-Known Member

1,624 Messages
    1,763 Likes Received
    Hey Catch....Give him a defense and we will....Not to many teams get there without one. Dont have to be a top 5. Just a top 10.

2. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

1,855 Messages
    2,256 Likes Received
    very true .
    Garrett's simplistic offense was a liability .
    Dak's inability to read defenses against good team and some bad teams cost a lot of games as well.
    Garrett is gone , and jerry wants to pay dak 40 mil thinking that will solve all and take us to the super bowl ??
    I predict when dak is paid big bucks and tanks , the media heads will say jerry overpaid again and we are back to square one. We saw this with Zeke. The media experts were telling jerry to sign zeke bla bla bla. Now they are all saying get rid of zeke .

csirl likes this.
  3. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

17,580 Messages
    15,144 Likes Received
    Being worth it at 15% is not the same as being worth it at 20%, whether it's Romo or Dak.

If Dak is simply playing on the franchise tag that would be around 20%, and that's considered a *floor* on his likely salary.

"quit using his outdated contract to compare and contrast what Dak should get."

That's *exactly* what you did in the post I responded to.

Captain-Crash and kskboys like this.
  4. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

17,580 Messages
    15,144 Likes Received
    When it was time to sign, there was no signing. After the fact, there were claims that he was ready to sign. Exactly what you'd say to the fans for marketing purposes.

Pretending that cap hit spent but pushed off into the future doesn't exist is not how I do cap accounting.

Dak is due 38mil for the franchise tag. That seems to be considered the *floor* on his contract. That's already 19% of a 200mil cap, and they are talking about lowering the cap, though I don't believe it will go down to 175mil.

5. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆ Zone Supporter

27,041 Messages
    66,831 Likes Received
    Hogwash. Each one of these quarterback's has a great coach. Reid is the ONLY head coach that took an AFC (Chiefs) & NFC (Egals) to 3 consecutive conference championships. I doubt very highly it was Mahomes & McNabb.

Besides, without that ballsy call by Reid last week, Henne wouldn't have run on that play and they would have lost. Reid & his backup quarterback not Mahomes, took KC to it's 3 consecutive conference championship game.

6. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

7,558 Messages
    3,238 Likes Received

Gee because all the problems were just Prescott it makes it so much easier to explain,. Oh wait, we can't do that because this is a team sport. Lets see the team that scores the most points win so if the defense didn't let the other team march down the field and score on so many of their possessions it would make things a lot easier. Gee when teams are one of the top rated defense then not just the Cowboys have problems moving the ball and scoring, but somehow some here think every other team just goes crazy against really good defense. Yes a couple of games the Offense sucked, but then even playoff teams sometimes have junk games. It just fanny how some here want to hold the Cowboys to different standards as other teams. Other teams have problems moving and scoring on good defenses but for whatever reason some here think there's some big problems with the Cowboys offense because they too had problems with good defense.

7. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

13,092 Messages
    19,086 Likes Received
    Philbin did a phenomenal job imo. I believe it was week 13 or 14 when he first had the same starting Oline in consecutive weeks. We went so far down the roster we begun having back ups to back ups starting games. There are very few coaches who can make that work and have a functional offense. The last season we had to play a game without both starting tackles was the Jets debacle.

8. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

42,352 Messages
    35,169 Likes Received
    You're saying because Romo got 15% it was a fair deal I'm assuming....if you ***** Dak's contract in the 3rd or 4th year of the deal then his too would be 15%. And its impossible to know what his percentage of the cap would even be next year because we don't know how they'd structure the deal. So many different factors.

9. Adreme

Adreme Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    945 Likes Received
    Most people know what the cap is going to look like over the next 5 years. Now that we are moving past all the problems the cap is expected to take that big jump it was supposed to take this year.

10. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

6,052 Messages
    7,416 Likes Received
    Yea and dont forget Watson!!!! No wait.....

11. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

10,504 Messages
    2,915 Likes Received
    He will...What the media and fans here miss is that the Jones family had opportunities to pay Dak much less! He could have been had for 25-30 million after the 2018 season. Look at how many deal have been done since then. The rate for starting QBs that are good have gone up. They wasted TWO offseasons to get deals done. Now, the money is what it is. Stop blaming Dak for the money that he's going to make when this is really on the Jones family. It's the worst management they've done in 25 years.

12. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

11,525 Messages
    5,756 Likes Received
    How is Dak supposed to take this team to the playoffs every single year?

That’s like expecting a Kia to beat a super car because you put some high end race fuel in the tank.

13. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

23,690 Messages
    46,037 Likes Received
    If your defense gives up 29 ppg, as the Cowboys did this year, even Patrick Mahomes is going to struggle to make the playoffs. Forget about Dak.

kskboys likes this.
  14. IceStarD54

IceStarD54 Well-Known Member

1,624 Messages
    1,763 Likes Received
    Funny how everyone blames Dak when idiot Jerry Jones could of signed him earlier for 25 million. This Clown is going to mess even the 40 million up. Then we're gonna be right back in the time before Romo showed up. I have NO confidence in the Jonses ever fixing this team; Jerry only loves money. I'd bet you he only wanted CeeDee Lamb to wear 88 because he knows that'll sell more jerseys. Yet some fans fall for the fake tears and I'd give anything to win,:facepalm: SUCKERS!!!

15. plymkr

plymkr Well-Known Member

3,921 Messages
    4,977 Likes Received
    The lack of success for this team falls on Jerry Jones and only Jerry Jones. No player, regardless of you think he is elite or trash, can undo the damage of Jerry's dysfunctional culture. Arguing about Dak for years is a waste of time.

kskboys and Rockport like this.
  16. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

8,544 Messages
    9,960 Likes Received
    I have many questions about the local media and their ability to ask the right questions or if they are muzzled to a degree.

17. Trajan

Trajan Well-Known Member

1,064 Messages
    521 Likes Received
    Man, this place. After Jerruh gives Dak a huge contract, and Dak loses to a bad team, this place is going to be off the charts.

18. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

19,389 Messages
    22,323 Likes Received
    So Dallas makes the playoffs 3 out of 10 years with Dak having 2 of those in 4 years as the QB.......... so that means Romo made it once in 6 years

19. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

23,993 Messages
    22,081 Likes Received
    It’s already off the charts.

20. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

15,613 Messages
    12,186 Likes Received
    Somebody help me on this topic..

If Dak signs his second Tag which he will he gets about $38 million in 2021?

If that is right where does that fall amongst the top deals?

Top 10?

Top 5?

I have no idea and that would make clearer Dak"s numbers.

The possibility of Stafford being traded or Watson being moved from Houston will require new deals for those QBs and that should further make contract numbers jell.

If Stafford and Watson sign with teams with State income tax that too must be factored for Dak and a Dallas deal.

So who has that info?