Keanu Neal A fan can dream

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Silver N Blue, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,566 Messages
    14,711 Likes Received
    Yea I did. It's mostly based on 3 years ago and agrees with me that he can't cover.

Then there's this: While Neal’s productivity may have declined from his first two seasons in the league, the former first-round draft pick did come off of two surgeries and is still entering the prime of his career. The 2021 free agent ranked as Pro Football Focus’s 33rd-best safety, receiving positive marks as a pass rusher and a 66.2 grade in coverage. But with another full offseason of recovery, the hard-hitting safety can revert back to the old talent that looked so promising as a first and second-year player.

In other words, "He hasn't been good since 2018 and doesn't cover well"

Silver N Blue likes this.
  2. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Well-Known Member

7,643 Messages
    7,601 Likes Received
  3. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Zone Supporter

11,707 Messages
    16,051 Likes Received
    That's all well and good as far as draft grade, but he's actually played in the BOX and has played in a SS role.

Even that article you posted had him projected at SS, with us moving D Wilson to FS--not a great plan.

While it is likely that Dallas will let Xavier Woods test free agency, Quinn could shift Donavan Wilson, a player who showed promise down the stretch, to free safety and pair him with Neal. This would make for one of the better tandems that this Cowboys team has seen in the last few years.

4. Silver N Blue

7,643 Messages
    7,601 Likes Received
    Again I like him better than kazoo who is coming off a major inujury. Just my personal preference and he is still listed better in coverage than kazoo? correct?

5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

21,080 Messages
    21,424 Likes Received
    this
    We need a FS and Harris is still out there

6. Silver N Blue

7,643 Messages
    7,601 Likes Received
    I agree and appreciate all the opinions I found this article this morning after reading through all the kazoo pages and felt this would be a good topic for discussion. Plus I'm a fan of his play when he was healthy and for my personal enjoyment would welcome him over kazoo. I am 100% for DW being a starter moving forward regardless where he plays.

7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,566 Messages
    14,711 Likes Received
    I don't know, they're both bad. But Neal is just a box safety who can't cover. Neither makes the defense better than it was last year.

8. Silver N Blue

7,643 Messages
    7,601 Likes Received
    Besides DW who do you like outside drafting a FS.

9. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Zone Supporter

11,707 Messages
    16,051 Likes Received
    You may get your wish as he's probably cheap. I really think switching D Wilson's role right after he found some success would be a mistake, but that would be a very Dallas move. Though, out of the two Kazoo is the better fit for the FS role.

If you read up on Quinn's defense, you'll see the importance of the FS in this scheme. This is not the position to cheap out or take a flyer on a guy that has not demonstrated success in the role. We really need a legit player here, but I do not expect we'll get one unless we get lucky in the draft.

maryquality and Silver N Blue like this.
  10. Silver N Blue

7,643 Messages
    7,601 Likes Received
    Good points and concur.

11. LittleD

LittleD Well-Known Member

6,672 Messages
    4,970 Likes Received
    Sorry guys but, the boys have made their choices in a LS & backup WR. From what I've heard, all their cap space has been designated so there is very little for shopping.
    New groceries cost big and Stephen is loath to dip into the till.

12. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

8,464 Messages
    5,470 Likes Received
    Dude is so overrated

13. Winonesoon

Winonesoon Well-Known Member

1,192 Messages
    1,752 Likes Received
    Very reserved pessimistic take, but its still funny.:)

14. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,566 Messages
    14,711 Likes Received
    DW?

15. Silver N Blue

7,643 Messages
    7,601 Likes Received
    Wilson

16. Future

Future Intramural Legend

27,566 Messages
    14,711 Likes Received
    Ah, from FA?

I liked John Johnson most, but Anthony Harris is fine. Other than that, everyone else is basically the same.

17. TequilaCowboy

TequilaCowboy Well-Known Member

883 Messages
    1,085 Likes Received
    If you gonna dream, might as well dream big. This team ain't gonna sign a high priced FA, let's get Moehrig from TCU, plant him at FS and watch him work alongside Wilson and Diggs.

18. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆ Zone Supporter

28,381 Messages
    70,921 Likes Received
  19. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

5,691 Messages
    6,806 Likes Received
    Unless Harris takes a big pay cut, I don't think they will sign him. You never can rule it out, especially with his former DC on our staff, but it's unlikely. Kazee, Hooker, maybe a Joyner are more realistic. I wouldn't rule out Peterson coming here to play FS, either.

20. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

5,691 Messages
    6,806 Likes Received
    Cross Peterson off, I didn't see the tweet where he was down to 3 teams, not the Cowboys.