Twitter: Keanu Neal out

Mr_437

Reaction score

Chest. Elbow. Now bicep.

Mukuamu got put on ice..hope he can contribute more next season, especially with all the UFA at Safety. So, now the Cowboys are down to 53.

Neal sitting this on out is best...it's Giffords turn to step up. It is what it is.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's on a 1-year deal worth 5 million bucks... one of the guys DQ brought in. I'm not expecting him back, especially if DQ bails for an HC job elsewhere.
He’s playing on league minimum salary. You need guys like him.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He won't be hard to replace. That's why he is a league minimum guy.
No but I’m thinking that’s why you need. Players like him that , I’m willing to take league minimum. He’s actually a safety turned linebacker. Yes we won’t need him and Coxx comes back. But that’s still not the point I was trying to make

Carson

Reaction score
Dang. I was pretty right on the Kearse signing… but not even close on this one lol

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Some of you are under estimating Neal being out. This does not just effect Neal’s position!

I liked Neal and thought he was much better than LVE at anticipating a play, not just reacting to it.

You also need to look at who is replacing Neal. Luke Gifford who had barely played a defensive snap, until last week. An inexperienced LB vs Shanahan’s deceptive running attack.

Also, Parsons may be forced to play more coverage LB than DE because of Neal being out!

This could really effect our whole D in a negative way. I hope it doesn’t, but it could!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
1st round pick in the 2022 Draft definitely has to be a LB.

Devin Lloyd (Utah) and Nakobe Dean (Georgia) will definitely be gone by the time the Cowboys pick late in the 1st round.

If this LB falls to the Cowboys, they would be smart to pick him...

Brandon Smith: 6'3", 241 lbs, 4.4 40 yd dash

817Gill

Reaction score
What a waste this dude turned out being.
5M for a guy who started 14 games and was solid? Pretty normal FA signing and contribution.

Just cause a guy ain’t a star or making a bunch of splash plays doesn’t mean he’s a waste. Not saying he’s a beast but for how much he was paid and when in FA he was signed he’s been solid. Not like he was billed to be a run stopping 2-down LB, he did his pass coverage/run and hit job just fine.

How many times did guys make him look bad in coverage like the last LB? Huge upgrade honestly in that department and it was nice to not get gashed by RB’s out of the backfield in the passing game this year. Jabril Cox should replace him next year but that doesn’t make the Neal signing any worse.

I’m willing to bet he’s done just as much as any other 1 year 5M dollar signing, probably more.