Twitter: Keanu Neal out

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Jan 14, 2022.

1. MichiganCowboyFan

MichiganCowboyFan Benched

2,530 Messages
    2,349 Likes Received
    He's my best every down pass rusher. I want him going after #10 on an every down basis.

2. FVSTONE

FVSTONE Well-Known Member

1,552 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received
    Thank you, today's players won't play hurt, whereas dudes from yesterday would strap it while leaving the emergency room 10 minutes after a surgery to set a bone in their leg or arm. Those dudes had heart and no trainer or sideline doctor was going to change their mind in a big game. Ask Emmit what it was like after the Giants dislocated his shoulder, he said put a bandage on it, I'm not coming out! It was probably one of the greatest signs of courage Maddon ever witnessed in football game

3. Stash

Stash Well-Known Member

73,256 Messages
    90,100 Likes Received
    Maybe it was you using the term obtuse?

Maybe yours are too low?

I compare him to a signing line Keats. THAT GUY has not only met, but exceeded expectations.

I’ll give you Kearse, Kazee, and Hooker. The three of them probably cost what Neal himself did.

Kearse met and exceeded expectations. Neal underperformed his.

You prove my point. Kearse and others outperformed expectations while Neal failed to.

4. CWR

CWR Well-Known Member

17,808 Messages
    26,028 Likes Received
    Lol like their game plan was based around our 37th best player.

jazzcat22 likes this.
  5. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

21,256 Messages
    15,777 Likes Received
    Yikes!

6. 32BellyOption

32BellyOption Well-Known Member

1,822 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    This is why it’s important for us to jump out to a lead. If we get a couple scores up they can’t just pound the ball. And besides, is losing Neal even a big deal?

MichiganCowboyFan likes this.
  7. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

21,256 Messages
    15,777 Likes Received
    Officially injury prone?

8. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

8,589 Messages
    7,729 Likes Received
    I’m not sure Neal made such a big difference here regardless

9. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

6,717 Messages
    12,176 Likes Received
    Expectations for a guy on a 1-year 5M dollar deal are average starter/contributor/high snap count role player. Just because one guy blew expectations out of the water doesn’t mean the other who simply met them was a disappointment.

We’re going in circles here so this is my last response. If you expected more than what he gave then you were expecting too much. Don’t expect high level starter play from a 1-year 5M dollar FA because that’s not what that deal indicates.

Feel free to look up all the guys recently who signed similar deals, you’re getting that type production. Sure there are guys who exceed it, but by and large that’s what you get. If he disappointed you then I guess you held Keanu Neal to a higher standard than his contract indicated.

But hey I’m not related to the guy so have at it, glad to see most of the thread didn’t feel that way; would’ve been unnecessary as his contract was one that didn’t really tell us he’d be a high end player. We paid average and got average, it is what it is.

10. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

9,159 Messages
    11,128 Likes Received

11. Star Guard_31

Star Guard_31 Well-Known Member

606 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I don’t get all the Neal hate. He was a solid stop gap free agent acquisition. He shouldn’t be a longterm starter, but his presence allowed time for Jabril Cox to acclimate to the NFL without pressure to produce right away.

On his worst day he was better than Jaylon Smith and LVE on their best days.

12. Stash

Stash Well-Known Member

73,256 Messages
    90,100 Likes Received
    I’m glad that you think ‘your expectations’ are the standard.

Don’t try to tell anyone else what their expectations should be. Or to ignorantly think that yours are the standard.

Or so you think.

13. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    7,416 Messages
    6,459 Likes Received
    I'd much rather have Neal available than him being out. I wish Dallas had all of their starters available for the playoffs, Gallup included.

Next man up this week. Hope they win and he will be able to play if they advance.

14. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf Maple Leaf

4,384 Messages
    797 Likes Received
    In a podcast Broadus hinted that Neal's year was affected quite a bit by his first bout with COVID. According to him he never looked the same as he did in training camp.

Stash and buybuydandavis like this.
  15. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

19,856 Messages
    17,173 Likes Received
    The reviews on LVE have been very positive in the last few games. He's turned a corner. More like what he showed as a rookie.

Stash likes this.
  16. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

19,856 Messages
    17,173 Likes Received
    I'm surprised this hasn't been *more* of an issue. Lots of people have lingering long term cardiovascular damage from Covid. I would have thought it would show up *even more* in pro athletes, where they're all elite athletes, and a tiny knock on their cardiovascular system would quickly drop them out of that elite status.

Stash likes this.
  17. black label

black label Well-Known Member

5,089 Messages
    7,480 Likes Received
    lve for the loss rofl

18. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

3,529 Messages
    3,565 Likes Received
    No **** man! They might need to move him back to safety, he ain’t done **** as a linebacker. I was kind of excited when we signed him.

MountaineerCowboy and Stash like this.
  19. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

51,150 Messages
    54,582 Likes Received
    Neal and LVE don't play together...they alternate.

20. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

15,437 Messages
    18,277 Likes Received
    No big loss. I want Kearse and Wilson in the box.