Kellen Moore. is he more. or less?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Speculation. You may be completely right, but at this moment you do not know if you are or not.

For those that want a completely new scheme and Garrett further away from the offense, this would be the opposite of that. Talk all you want about "you cant know 100%". I don't need to know 100%.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Common sense actually. Going around telling people they don't know for sure is not a reason to hire someone.

I don’t think many people are saying it is, I think for the most part people are just saying he shouldn’t be condemned based on claims with no foundation.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Common sense actually. Going around telling people they don't know for sure is not a reason to hire someone.
Thats not the reason they are hiring him. They are hiring him because they believe he has a very high football IQ.

roughneck266

Reaction score
For those that want a completely new scheme and Garrett further away from the offense, this would be the opposite of that. Talk all you want about "you cant know 100%". I don't need to know 100%.
No problem. I prefer to have evidence. Either way. If he turns out to be a tiny Linehan, I would hope they would have learned their lesson and fire him as soon as they are aware of it.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I'm not against bringing in moore and seeing what he has.

I felt garret and linehan call plays based upon "not upsetting the fans". Rather than adjusting to what the other team is doing.

Case in point that 4th and 1 against the rams. We run the ball right up the middle and didn't get it. It gives garret and out to say "we gave the ball to our best player". When in reality as a coach you didn't consider your opponent or what they were doing, or their strength. You called a play that won't make you look stupid, that gives you an out.

I bet you could put prescott back there and have him throw 40 plus times a game. Yeah he'd make a mistake or two, but i'm sure he'd make more good plays than bad. Wouldn't matter, cause "you have to get zeke his 20 plus touches a game" so garret doesn't look stupid.

Garret and co call the game scared. Always have. You want to pay dak to be the future, take off the training wheels. Let the guy play if the game dictates the other team is going to take away zeke.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I know what people on here dont want. An inexperienced, in house, from the same tree as Garrett and linehan, unproven, sucked as a QB in the NFL, will defer to Garrett coach of a hire.

What fans want is someone from one of these new, innovative, high motion, disguised type offenses we are seeing popping up nowadays. They want innovation. Moore represents NONE of that.

Who has he studied behind? What influences could he possibly have had? If he was soooo great, then where was he THIS year when this offense was being predictable and boring?
He has studied behind Linehan and Garrett.

Some coaching tree there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thats not the reason they are hiring him. They are hiring him because they believe he has a very high football IQ.

He is already hired. Why make him the OC? No logic in it. This IS probably one of the most important years coming up in the Cowboys window to be a contender.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No problem. I prefer to have evidence. Either way. If he turns out to be a tiny Linehan, I would hope they would have learned their lesson and fire him as soon as they are aware of it.

Why do we always have to be the Guinee pigs? Cant someone else develop these hunches and we just snatch them up after they have proved something? Garrett was the first one we saw and it hasn't worked out. You want to go for round 2?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My concern is his lack of experience to implement a gameplan against varied defenses. Will he attack their weaknesses? Does he know enough different schemes to draw from? Does he have his own ideas(diff than Garrett/Linehan) and be allowed to run it?

Too many questions for my liking but I suspect whoever is hired will not make much of a difference if Garrett is in charge of the offense.

You can be the smartest guy at something yet it doesn't always equate to success. It takes years to learn and define your craft, it should not be at the expense as offensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys to learn on the job. Just my two cents.........

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
Last week Jason Garrett said Linehan was staying and he saw no major staff changes, Jerry/Stephen comes on and say wait a second we have not done our evaluations on coaches and Linehan is gone. To me it appears Jerry is saying either he wants the scheme to change or he expects better production using similar concepts we have in place. Perhaps Garrett said "If I am going to be judged by the offense let me be in control", if he screws up possibly 90% of this board get what they have been asking for and he gets canned. If he succeeds then we all, well the group of fans that actually enjoy winning and not being right, win.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I'm not against bringing in moore and seeing what he has.

I felt garret and linehan call plays based upon "not upsetting the fans". Rather than adjusting to what the other team is doing.

Case in point that 4th and 1 against the rams. We run the ball right up the middle and didn't get it. It gives garret and out to say "we gave the ball to our best player". When in reality as a coach you didn't consider your opponent or what they were doing, or their strength. You called a play that won't make you look stupid, that gives you an out.

I bet you could put prescott back there and have him throw 40 plus times a game. Yeah he'd make a mistake or two, but i'm sure he'd make more good plays than bad. Wouldn't matter, cause "you have to get zeke his 20 plus touches a game" so garret doesn't look stupid.

Garret and co call the game scared. Always have. You want to pay dak to be the future, take off the training wheels. Let the guy play if the game dictates the other team is going to take away zeke.
We always go into games to keep it close.

DAK was only 8 puts behind with 5 minutes to go when the defense got that PI called again our CB..

goodbye game.

Not DAKs fault for sure.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Like the rest of you..

I know very little about him.

Whether he becomes OC..

or assists Kitna with gameplaning..

here is some background on him in Gruden's QB camp.

I have to believe the coaches must think he has something.

tenor.gif

CWR

Reaction score
Most coaches do not want to work for Jerry and Garrett.

It's a a dead end coaching road.

There is no coaching tree coming out of Garrett and Jerrah has tried.

Rob Ryan

Wade Phillips

is about it and not one of them has pointed at time here as having added to their resume'.

Richard is a break from traditional thinking..

but like just what happened with him interviewing for HC gigs..

he neglected the defense and was not ready for the Rams.

He will be the same way next year, a short termer.

Does Eberflus count? What about Columbo? Hmm, I feel yah though. Its not much of a tree.

CWR

Reaction score
He has studied behind Linehan and Garrett.

Some coaching tree there.

All we can hope is that it's kind of like growing up with a rough childhood and learning to do the opposite for your kids. If he is promoted we have to hope he learned from his predecessors mistakes.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Why do we always have to be the Guinee pigs? Cant someone else develop these hunches and we just snatch them up after they have proved something? Garrett was the first one we saw and it hasn't worked out. You want to go for round 2?
Price for having the new shiny one with all the great ideas! If someone else finds him, then all the shiny will get tarnished, before we can swoop in and get any of it.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
It proves that he doenst need Zeke to win. He actually has a winning record without him. Which basically blows your petty troll theory out the window.
And one more game he could've just as easily been split with wins and losses. Amazing how an small sample size blows my theory out of the water and well if he would've continued at that rate that would been a 9-7 season, which usually doesn't get you into the playoffs.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
All we can hope is that it's kind of like growing up with a rough childhood and learning to do the opposite for your kids. If he is promoted we have to hope he learned from his predecessors mistakes.

Yup it is all based on hope. Hope that the apprenticed is better than his teacher who got fired for poor performance.