Kellen Moore was phenomenal

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Sep 10, 2021.

1. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member

7,190 Messages
    3,419 Likes Received
    He cant let a D take away our Rb's......needs elements of WCO, long handoffs to get them involved ...

2. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

1,405 Messages
    865 Likes Received
    Wow

3. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

21,111 Messages
    21,665 Likes Received
    He didn’t run. Keep them honest. Same plan. Make Dak beat them. It’s a team game.

4. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

45,502 Messages
    23,124 Likes Received
    :hammer:

You said it better than I could.

5. LucaBrasi

LucaBrasi Sleeps with the fishes Zone Supporter

5,040 Messages
    6,059 Likes Received
    I’d be willing to fire MM to let him be HC in 2022

DanT likes this.
  6. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

45,502 Messages
    23,124 Likes Received
    :hammer:
    Another good post.
    I'm sick of it.
    The same thing EVERY year.
    Get creative and get our Boyz in the END ZONE!!!!

TheCoolFan and MaineBoy like this.
  7. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

15,284 Messages
    23,200 Likes Received
    Throwing the ball a lot was the game plan. Running into the teeth of Suh, Vea and the LB's is a fools's game. Especially with Martin out.

The short passing game was simply an extension of the running game. Getting the ball outside the box into space. It was not getting pass happy. It was the game plan.

DanT likes this.
  8. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

29,513 Messages
    22,749 Likes Received
    Bowles was worse than Moore was good. Again, Dak’s value is seen in how defenses choose to play him, until he can make defenses pay consistently.

Bowles only went zone at the end. The whole game he was exposing his banged up secondary in single coverage with no safety help on guys like Moore, rushing extra men, against an OL that wasn’t budging. They sold out almost the whole game to stop the run and Dallas completely controlled the clock to wear out that front.

Captain-Crash likes this.
  9. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

38,818 Messages
    22,946 Likes Received
    Remember this is still Garrett’s offense Moore is continuing to implement . And offense was never the over riding concern as we were top 10 most seasons. It’s still defense.

10. noshame

noshame I'm not dead yet...... Zone Supporter

8,748 Messages
    6,315 Likes Received
    Moore will be gone by the end of the season and somebody will have a promising head coach

11. McKDaddy

McKDaddy Well-Known Member

3,896 Messages
    3,592 Likes Received
    Moore definitely does some good things BUT he still fails in one very key area to me. Not enough diversity out of the same \ similar sets to get short to medium yardage. As the game progresses, defenses key in on what he is doing & start sitting on his tendencies.

TB's last drive was a master class on how to manufacture offense in a simple & efficient manner.

He has got to improve in this area.

12. InDakWeTrust

InDakWeTrust DezBRomo9

2,070 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Kellen, if you read this, stop with the S10 personnel draw plays. Start incorporating some 10 or 11 draw plays from under center. It gets the defense to pause and you can run some play action from it too. It will get defenses to drop their second safeties off the line and let 21/20 play their one cut style of running.

13. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Well-Known Member

977 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    i want Moore to hand over running game to someone else to make the running game GO kinda like what some Colleges to with a Running Game / Passing Game Coordinators. He's great at play design and execution in the passing game but his Running scheme lacks something.

14. BooBooBear

BooBooBear Well-Known Member

769 Messages
    1,321 Likes Received
    I thought McCarthy called the plays? He had the sheet in his hand and I didn't see Kellen with one.

15. IceStarD54

IceStarD54 Well-Known Member

2,089 Messages
    2,175 Likes Received
    Like a boxing match. You do good for 8 rounds then get knocked out. a knock out is a knock out. Moore got knocked out in the final drive. We needed only one more first down and the game is a wrap. Moore's worst offensive calls all game. Knock out.

16. MikeB80

MikeB80 Well-Known Member

6,545 Messages
    7,093 Likes Received
    Kellen Moore was essentially running Scott Linehan's offense not Jason Garrett. Moore was not here when garrett ran his offense and called plays.

khiladi and Captain-Crash like this.
  17. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

38,818 Messages
    22,946 Likes Received
    Moore took over OC in Garrett’s last year and was QB Coach the previous year. Linehans offense was Garrett’s offense . Both of them just called the plays.

18. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

7,229 Messages
    5,953 Likes Received
    Totally agree. I’m bewildered by some of the complaints I’ve read about the pass-run ratio. They did a great job scouting the opponent, installing a game plan and executing that game plan.

LOBO7 and CATCH17 like this.
  19. OmerV

OmerV Zone Supporter

23,026 Messages
    19,553 Likes Received
    I agree. This was probably really the first chance Moore got to truly handle the offense himself. I think he was restricted his first season as OC because he was new and so young, and because Garrett didn't want to stray too far from his own ideas, and then last year with a new coach, no OTA's or preseason games and limited TC time he wasn't able to truly take the reins. Hopefully we will see more of this, and it will be even more successful against lesser defenses. Hopefully the run can get more involved.

20. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

5,842 Messages
    6,143 Likes Received
    This will probably be MM last season with us no matter what happens. You can’t let Kellen get away.