Twitter: Kellen Moore: Zeke's Zero Yard Play

Jstopper

Reaction score
He nearly knocked Jenkins out. Jenkins has been a good player for a long time, but he’s no physical match for Elliott with a head of steam. Mike is lucky that he went low enough for Zeke to kind of slide off over the top of him. Otherwise, he’s seeing double for a while.

I think you mean Malcolm lol

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Well played!
This dude was in the other thread about who you like to watch more Dez or amari. I said amari followed up by something I didn't like about Dez. He then used Romo being hurt to absolve Dez of my criticism. Somehow in his brain that means I don't like the person at all.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
This dude was in the other thread about who you like to watch more Dez or amari. I said amari followed up by something I didn't like about Dez. He then used Romo being hurt to absolve Dez of my criticism. Somehow in his brain that means I don't like the person at all.

Romo has always been that safety net for arguing fans when it came to dez. I've had my same criticism of dez but he is still a cool person.

I just wish he wasnt so limited unlike coop.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s a really good player but he has his flaws. He’s on pace to finish outside the top 3 in rushing this year. In the end, he needs a Super Bowl ring to get into the Hall and a lot more years of playing.

I have to say, I really liked Zeke until what he pulled this offseason. I still root for him, obviously, but he’s not really a player I like very much.
What did he pull this offseason? Asking for money?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Absultey...for Dallas it’s a must. Morris for example and McFadden...that’s why they let go. Need to block.

It's not just the RBs, but the TEs and WRs too. TEs never saw much playing time unless they showed the ability to block, TWill lasted as long as he did partly because he was a pretty good blocking WR.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Zeke's a seriously impressive blocker. Watch him seal off #53 on Dak's TD run versus the Jets; we could have never lost that game without that block.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Zeke was beast that game. And trucking Jenkins. That made amends for his holdout.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
What did he pull this offseason? Asking for money?

Asking for money is fine. Negotiating hard is fine. Holding out with two years left on your contract rubs me the wrong way. Turning your back on the owner who supported you during the tough times feels like an act of betrayal to me.

I wouldn’t have signed him.

But it’s all water under the bridge now; he’s got a star on his helmet so I’m behind him. But I don’t have to like him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Asking for money is fine. Negotiating hard is fine. Holding out with two years left on your contract rubs me the wrong way. Turning your back on the owner who supported you during the tough times feels like an act of betrayal to me.

Between the owners and the players union, the league is organized to screw rookies on their first contracts, and thereby in particular elite RBs, who, unlike other players, have their best years consumed during their rookies contracts. We were quite open about using up Murray on his rookie contract, and then tossing him aside, and hoping to do the same with Zeke.

The NFL and players union used their power for their benefit. RBs are starting to use their power to hold out for their benefit.

People apply their notions of contract developed from their experience to a contract context very different from their experience.