CFZ Keys to beating the Giants!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Live in NYC and get to watch all the Giant games here locally. Many of their fans are shocked that they won their 1st 2 games. Here is what I think, the keys of beating them:

-Primary goal is to contain both Barkley and Daniel Jones on the ground. When they have offensive success it's usually when either player makes a big play running the football. Jones is much more athletic then many realize. This might be a game where we see Parsons play more as a linebacker, especially the early downs.

-They have 2 talented young Tackles, but they are still in the developmental stage. Neal would be the Tackle to go after as he has had some early struggles. Their interior OL is average at best. Their OL is still a major weakness.

-Receiver position has a few weapons, where it seems Sheppard has the most trust with Jones. Toney had a big game against us last season and he needs to be accounted for. Force Jones to throw in tight windows as he usually is good for making mistakes.

-Leonard Williams, their best defensive player may miss this week's game as he has a sprain knee. However, their prized pass rusher from Oregon is expected to make his debut. Their DL is the strength of their defense.

-Their DC, Martindale comes from the Ravens and likes to blitz a whole lot. They will come at us everywhere on the field. However, outside of Jackson, they have very green corners.

Creeper

Reaction score
Live in NYC and get to watch all the Giant games here locally. Many of their fans are shocked that they won their 1st 2 games. Here is what I think, the keys of beating them:

-Primary goal is to contain both Barkley and Daniel Jones on the ground. When they have offensive success it's usually when either player makes a big play running the football. Jones is much more athletic then many realize. This might be a game where we see Parsons play more as a linebacker, especially the early downs.

-They have 2 talented young Tackles, but they are still in the developmental stage. Neal would be the Tackle to go after as he has had some early struggles. Their interior OL is average at best. Their OL is still a major weakness.

-Receiver position has a few weapons, where it seems Sheppard has the most trust with Jones. Toney had a big game against us last season and he needs to be accounted for. Force Jones to throw in tight windows as he usually is good for making mistakes.

-Leonard Williams, their best defensive player may miss this week's game as he has a sprain knee. However, their prized pass rusher from Oregon is expected to make his debut. Their DL is the strength of their defense.

-Their DC, Martindale comes from the Ravens and likes to blitz a whole lot. They will come at us everywhere on the field. However, outside of Jackson, they have very green corners.

I agree, the Giants DBs are all somewhat inexperienced and frankly, I don't know that there is a lot of talent there. But so far they have played better than expected, all things considered. They beat the Titans but it looks like the Titans are not who we thought they were. They beat the Panthers and I think the Panthers are pretty mediocre. Still, for the Giants to win 2 games to start the season is a bit of a surprise.

The Giants have shown in their first two games that if the game is close they can get fired up to steal a late W. The Cowboys would be wise to get up a couple of scores and stay there.

bigE79

Reaction score

The key for beating the giants is easy,don't do anything stupid,no fumbles no int, harass Danny boy, game over,the cowboys win.

Praxit

Reaction score
..our defense will be story of the year. They are a fast bunch.

Rush best is to maintain poise and stay aggressive. Hopefully Moore calls a good game.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I saw some of the Giants game this year, the OP assessment is accurate and they do like blitz, a lot.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Was thinking the same about linebacker play.

They will need to be good this week. LVEs performance last week gave me some confidence here, and maybe Jabril makes his debut and can help.

The Giants arrow is pointed upward, but still largely depends on the play of Jones.

This will be a very close game and come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and/or who makes a big play in a big spot.

I predicted the Cin win, but I don't like us at all in this particular spot if I'm being honest.

quickccc

Reaction score

- My main concern is Barkley -as he is showing signs of returning to form as a game breaker, ..we contain him and make NYG one dimensional as much as possible – put it on Daniel Jones to force to throw as he is mistake/turnover prone.

- I’m not for taking Parsons away as a pass rusher for the sake of Daniel’s mobility,.. leave that up to Barr- LVE and the three safety looks.
I’d prefer Parsons into the oppositions’ backfield as much as ever possible. Making play more in reverse or “ spying” , and taking him away from the pass rush is doing extremely huge favors
for the G-men.

- From what I hear Andrew Thomas is really coming on and developing well. A far cry from his early years when he was such a struggling train wreck
I don’t think their interior line is sound. Expect a lot of Parsons vs rookie RT Evan Neal .. And overall they still should have some issues vs our pass rush.

- I’m really counting on the coaches and other supporting defensive players cast upfront in Fowler, DLaw, Hill, Williams, Armstrong to be disruptive. I really want to see much more ‘
outta Osa and Gallimore. Sorry but I’m not high on Chauncey Golston.

- WR Sheppard does not scare, I trust our CBs to play well vs the likes of Holliday and especially Toney, who is so very speedy and slippery

- What I do Not want our defense to continue .. is having to stay on the field too long,… they played very competitive vs Brady and Burrows, two elite QBs, but we get
too many 3 and outs and leave them on the field too long, they will wear out later in the game;

- Special teams is really looking promising with Turpin, and FG kicker Brett Maurer, and Simi almost had a blocked punt, Bones’ unit will get those blocked punts eventually.

I dunno what it is about his SP units that tactically gets blocked punts than past SP coaches here, or even around the NFL, but he tends to get the blocked punts.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

This is gonna be another tight game similar to the Bengals game. The Giants play a style that will keep the game close. What you want to do is try to speed up Jones and make him make a mistake. Martindale is a good defensive coordinator so he will have a game plan for Cooper Rush. Both Outside Linebacker will probably play this game for the Giants. I expect Gallup and Peters to be out there. The key will be who has more yards between Zeke/Pollard vs Barkley and who wins the turnover battle.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This is gonna be another tight game similar to the Bengals game. The Giants play a style that will keep the game close. What you want to do is try to speed up Jones and make him make a mistake. Martindale is a good defensive coordinator so he will have a game plan for Cooper Rush. Both Outside Linebacker will probably play this game for the Giants. I expect Gallup and Peters to be out there. The key will be who has more yards between Zeke/Pollard vs Barkley and who wins the turnover battle.
I believe we will have the edge inside the trenches, question is how our young players handle the blitz packages.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
- My main concern is Barkley -as he is showing signs of returning to form as a game breaker, ..we contain him and make NYG one dimensional as much as possible – put it on Daniel Jones to force to throw as he is mistake/turnover prone.

- I’m not for taking Parsons away as a pass rusher for the sake of Daniel’s mobility,.. leave that up to Barr- LVE and the three safety looks.
I’d prefer Parsons into the oppositions’ backfield as much as ever possible. Making play more in reverse or “ spying” , and taking him away from the pass rush is doing extremely huge favors
for the G-men.

- From what I hear Andrew Thomas is really coming on and developing well. A far cry from his early years when he was such a struggling train wreck
I don’t think their interior line is sound. Expect a lot of Parsons vs rookie RT Evan Neal .. And overall they still should have some issues vs our pass rush.

- I’m really counting on the coaches and other supporting defensive players cast upfront in Fowler, DLaw, Hill, Williams, Armstrong to be disruptive. I really want to see much more ‘
outta Osa and Gallimore. Sorry but I’m not high on Chauncey Golston.

- WR Sheppard does not scare, I trust our CBs to play well vs the likes of Holliday and especially Toney, who is so very speedy and slippery

- What I do Not want our defense to continue .. is having to stay on the field too long,… they played very competitive vs Brady and Burrows, two elite QBs, but we get
too many 3 and outs and leave them on the field too long, they will wear out later in the game;

- Special teams is really looking promising with Turpin, and FG kicker Brett Maurer, and Simi almost had a blocked punt, Bones’ unit will get those blocked punts eventually.

I dunno what it is about his SP units that tactically gets blocked punts than past SP coaches here, or even around the NFL, but he tends to get the blocked punts.
-I definitely could see Parsons used more as a linebacker in obvious run situations.
-Carolina did a good job in bottling up Barkley for the majority of the game.
-Key will be protecting the football, making them earn everything.
-This will also be the first game on the road for our young lineman, let's hope we don't see many pre-snap penalties.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Was thinking the same about linebacker play.

They will need to be good this week. LVEs performance last week gave me some confidence here, and maybe Jabril makes his debut and can help.

The Giants arrow is pointed upward, but still largely depends on the play of Jones.

This will be a very close game and come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and/or who makes a big play in a big spot.

I predicted the Cin win, but I don't like us at all in this particular spot if I'm being honest.
We are the more talented team, our backup QB might be as good as their starter. As long as we don't beat ourselves, they should be able to have success.