Kicker injury saves Cowboys

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It was clearly a break their kicker got hurt it prevented them from doing a conventional onside kick. The Australian rules kicker they used didn’t know how to perform it and just popped the ball straight up in the air down the field. That had to be the worst onside kick I’ve ever seen.

ultron

Reaction score
It would've been 24-20 instead of 24-22, so one could argue that the Seabass injury helped the Seahawks..

joseephuss

Reaction score
It was clearly a break their kicker got hurt it prevented them from doing a conventional onside kick. The Australian rules kicker they used didn’t know how to perform it and just popped the ball straight up in the air down the field. That had to be the worst onside kick I’ve ever seen.

He knew how to perform it. He just didn't perform correctly. The drop kick is too unpredictable, which is why they aren't used anymore.

He attempted an onside kick earlier in the season. Looked much better than his attempt on Saturday although it wasn't successful, either.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He knew how to perform it. He just didn't perform correctly. The drop kick is too unpredictable, which is why they aren't used anymore.

He attempted an onside kick earlier in the season. Looked much better than his attempt on Saturday although it wasn't successful, either.

He performed what was essentially a pooch kick down the field. Couldn’t have asked for an easier ball to handle. To perform it consistently you can’t drop kick it.

Last edited:

joseephuss

Reaction score
He performed what was essentially a pooch kick down the field. Couldn’t have asked for an easier ball to handle. To perform it correctly and consistently you can’t drop kick it.

No doubt. It is already tough to convert onsides kicks especially with the recent rule changes. Those chances go down further when using a drop kick.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It helped, yes.
But we don't know at all if that was the difference.
Terrible luck for Seattle, but too bad.
:muttley:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No doubt. It is already tough to convert onsides kicks especially with the recent rule changes. Those chances go down further when using a drop kick.

You would think he could’ve put it on a tee or just laid it on the ground and just dribbled it across the ground. That looks a lot easier than trying to drop kick it across the ground.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
"Kicker injury saves Cowboys"

I've got some headlines too:

"Slicked up football saves Seahawks"

"Danny White hand hit on helmet saves 49ers"

"Non interference call saves 49ers"

"Missed fumble recovery saves Colts"

"Staubach concussion saves Commanders"

As I've always said, there's luck involved in nearly every SB win, and luck evens out over time. Every team has won a game because of a missed call, player(s) being out with injury, etc. So SJ got injured, that was early in the second half, Seahawks could have run better, blocked better, defended better, made better coaching decisions. Could have won more games and gotten home field advantage.

To pick on one thing well before the end of the game and say it was the reason one team won is about as disingenuous as it gets...

DFWJC

Reaction score
"Kicker injury saves Cowboys"

I've got some headlines too:

"Slicked up football saves Seahawks"

"Danny White hand hit on helmet saves 49ers"

"Non interference call saves 49ers"

"Missed fumble recovery saves Colts"

"Staubach concussion saves Commanders"

As I've always said, there's luck involved in nearly every SB win, and luck evens out over time. Every team has won a game because of a missed call, player(s) being out with injury, etc. So SJ got injured, that was early in the second half, Seahawks could have run better, blocked better, defended better, made better coaching decisions. Could have won more games and gotten home field advantage.

To pick on one thing well before the end of the game and say it was the reason one team won is about as disingenuous as it gets...
You left out "overturned catch saves Packers"
:laugh:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You left out "overturned catch saves Packers"
:laugh:

Yeah, but there's lots of others, I could fill up a whole page with them, besides, that's too recent, haven't gotten over that one as yet. :angry:

But it's funny - you look at other teams' website comments, like in the Seattle win last week, and you see comments like "I knew the league would find some way for the Cowboys to win" and "The refs were clearly looking to not make calls against Dallas", etc. :laugh:

jrumann59

Reaction score
bqS6mMP.gif
Love that gif