Kinda Slow, NFL 2K5 Question...

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
When they say it releases on July 20th, do they mean it is shipped to the stores and pre-orders on that date, or that it will be on the shelves on the 20th?

ChrisFul

Benched
Reaction score
TheKey said:
When they say it releases on July 20th, do they mean it is shipped to the stores and pre-orders on that date, or that it will be on the shelves on the 20th?

Shipped on the 20th. As in, physical stores will have it the following day on the 21st. If you order it from an online retailer, they will mail it out on the 20th.

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
should be in stores by tuesday....the cost is apparently only 20 bucks and you will be able to feed verbal content to the players ...... like Im rick james beeeeatttccchhhh.

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
the game will only cost 20 bucks? read: 989 sports spent about 2/5ths of the amount of money as previous installments producing and developing this game. sorry to see this once proud fanchise relegated to bargain-bin status, if this is the case. same thing happened with the old NFL Gameday series. nfl 2k, 2k1, 2k2, and 2k3 were all superior to madden. same with nfl gameday, gameday 96 and gameday 98. after that they all just went to the sh!tter.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
I tried a couple games to supplement madden

I did not like the game day interface but that was me NFL fever suxed

never tried 989 or espn I probaly need to rent them and check it out

AceofSpades

Reaction score
stag hunter said:
the game will only cost 20 bucks? read: 989 sports spent about 2/5ths of the amount of money as previous installments producing and developing this game. sorry to see this once proud fanchise relegated to bargain-bin status, if this is the case. same thing happened with the old NFL Gameday series. nfl 2k, 2k1, 2k2, and 2k3 were all superior to madden. same with nfl gameday, gameday 96 and gameday 98. after that they all just went to the sh!tter.
Did I misunderstand, or did you just say you don't think this will be a quality game?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
AceofSpades said:
Did I misunderstand, or did you just say you don't think this will be a quality game?
I deduced the same thing. If that is what you are saying you are sadly uninformed. Last year ESPN was better and this year it looks like more of the same. Don’t let the price tag fool you.

Ken

Reaction score
stag hunter said:

You are uninformed.

Read IGN's review and get back to us.

In addition, Visual Concepts makes the game, 989 was Gameday.