Twitter: Kitna to QB's "Cut it loose, Rip the throw"

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nice concept until he starts the season with 3 tds 4 Ints and maybe goes back to his safer throws :) some can do this and get away with it most time's like Romo, but Dak im not sure he has the confidence or consistent accuracy to just rip it.. I the past when he tried to throw the ball hard it sailed a lot from what I witnessed..

This is my take and always has been, Daks good QB but never a pure passer he truly just needs to wrk on pocket presence and moving within and especially UP into the pocket vs spinning out everytime.. its the only part of his game IMO that needs the most attention.. just stop rolling into sacks and making it hard on your Oline they are trying to allow the rush to be pushed around you and you go deeper and deeper and spin into it move UP most pockets allows for stepping sideways and up but not spin and move backwards every time you feel the rush..

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
.. just stop rolling into sacks and making it hard on your Oline they are trying to allow the rush to be pushed around you and you go deeper and deeper and spin into it move UP most pockets allows for stepping sideways and up but not spin and move backward every time you feel the rush.

GenoT

Reaction score
Of course, if Dak starts the season with a few more INTs than usual, the “Let ‘er Rip” fans will be the first ones posting threads about his need to take better care of the ball.
:thumbup:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's all well and good until he rips a pick 6. Anyone that ever had Marino as their fantasy QB can tell you he wax a ripper, both directions.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Nice concept until he starts the season with 3 tds 4 Ints and maybe goes back to his safer throws :) some can do this and get away with it most time's like Romo, but Dak im not sure he has the confidence or consistent accuracy to just rip it.. I the past when he tried to throw the ball hard it sailed a lot from what I witnessed..

This is my take and always has been, Daks good QB but never a pure passer he truly just needs to wrk on pocket presence and moving within and especially UP into the pocket vs spinning out everytime.. its the only part of his game IMO that needs the most attention.. just stop rolling into sacks and making it hard on your Oline they are trying to allow the rush to be pushed around you and you go deeper and deeper and spin into it move UP most pockets allows for stepping sideways and up but not spin and move backwards every time you feel the rush..
Romo did have a short term memory which was a good thing and a bad thing.

Fontaine

Reaction score
I got a feeling Kitna is going to be one hell of a coach, statements like this only help that feeling. We’ll soon soon find out I guess, hopefully my feeling is correct!

Reaction score
Before Dak can make it to the next level he has to trust his reads and make the throws,,, on time! The question is, are his reads worth trusting yet? Having a solid run game should make it easier, so I say go for it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
sounds like he's telling Dak to quit being scared, "throw the damn ball chicken little!"

Don't always agree with your posts regarding Dak but I do now. Interestingly Garrett admitted telling Dak the thing same during last year's TC.

I hate to say it but IMO this is the root of at least 50% of our red zone issues for reason, tighter windows.