Kliff Kingsbury resigned from USC as OC

Sydla

Reaction score
Well I should say that's the rumor, it's not a fact. Jay Glazer is reporting that he apparently interviewed with some NFL teams which would likely mean he had officially resigned from USC.

USC had blocked him from interviewing for NFL head coaching positions.

If I were the Cowboys, if it shook out that he couldn't find any HC opportunities in the NFL, he'd be a guy I'd look long and hard at as a potential OC here. Regardless of what happens the remainder of this season, I think a change at OC needs to happen.

conner01

Reaction score
As an offensive coach? Absolutely.
Exactly
I don’t think he’s gonna get a HC offer but as an OC he will get offers and if he is good then the HC offers will come
AZ I understand has some interest and obviously the teams who inquired about him

Sydla

Reaction score
Exactly
I don’t think he’s gonna get a HC offer but as an OC he will get offers and if he is good then the HC offers will come
AZ I understand has some interest and obviously the teams who inquired about him

Yeah, I am not advocating him for HC here. But if we are thinking of changing OCs this offseason, he'd be a good name to bring in if he were still looking for a job.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah, I am not advocating him for HC here. But if we are thinking of changing OCs this offseason, he'd be a good name to bring in if he were still looking for a job.
I watch the Chiefs a lot and love that offense
Lots of motion and creative play design that gets every receiver involved
I’d love to see something like that here
I didn’t watch Kingsbury college teams but from what I read about his scheme it’s creative and receiver as well as QB friendly

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Well I should say that's the rumor, it's not a fact. Jay Glazer is reporting that he apparently interviewed with some NFL teams which would likely mean he had officially resigned from USC.

If I were the Cowboys, if it shook out that he couldn't find any HC opportunities in the NFL, he'd be a guy I'd look long and hard at as a potential OC here. Regardless of what happens the remainder of this season, I think a change at OC needs to happen.
Kliff is the new McDaniels. Josh left the Colts at the alter too.

DandyTom64

Reaction score
Guy gets fired from his college job after a below .500 career and could parlay that into an NFL gig? What a way to fail up.
Tech could put up the points, they just couldn't stop the points being put on them. Maybe there was a time when they had a good defence but I can't remember it. Of course I've been wrong before.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Garrett "failed up" with much less on his resume........

Don't remind me.

Jerry was gushing about Kingsbury when he got asked about him a week or two ago. If the offense lays an egg Saturday, and Kingsbury doesn't get a HC job anywhere, I wouldn't be surprised if he's in play to replace Linehan.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Kliff is the new McDaniels. Josh left the Colts at the alter too.
I don't understand the hype with Josh.......after the Colts got embarrassed he seems to be a bit of a flake....plus he failed in his round one of being a HC.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Tech could put up the points, they just couldn't stop the points being put on them. Maybe there was a time when they had a good defence but I can't remember it. Of course I've been wrong before.

That's true, but I mean, pretty much everyone in the Big 12 puts up points. There's not a lot of defense being played in that conference.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

They was talking something about that on C.B.S. SPORTS RADIO about an hour ago but I wasn't paying enough attention to register a whole lot of it.o_O

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I hope the Cardinals continue to lose. They did a 1st year head coach wrong.