Knowing that JG & SL are staying atleast eases the pain

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
O come on Soup. It's just a game. Enjoy watching it. Just remember that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then.

Next you will tell me how long we (the Cowboys), have been blind. LOL

This FO believing that they are just fine with what they have coach wise is why my Hopes are on cruise control.

And this team has been blind too long for my taste. You would have thought this FO would have found a cure by now.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
That does nothing for me.
Why root for them if you know the outcome?

Because I still love the cowboys and football. Do you see the browns fans dump their team? Nope.

I can accept the fate and still be ok. If Jerry is ok with things then I have no choice but to be ok also.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Because I still love the cowboys and football. Do you see the browns fans dump their team? Nope.

I can accept the fate and still be ok. If Jerry is ok with things then I have no choice but to be ok also.
I didn't say I'm dumping them, Just not content with the current setup.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I didn't say I'm dumping them, Just not content with the current setup.

So what are we supposed to do as fans?

The most I can see is a protest on cowboys grounds. Or how about a protest outside of Jerrys fenced off home.

Big_D

Reaction score
Doesn't ease anything. It's just another year wasted.

J817

Reaction score
This franchise is a joke and will be until Jerry leaves this Earth.

When Jerry dies Stephen and the other two kids (Charolette and Jr) will take over. I don’t see Stephan hiring a real GM. What we are seeing now is what to expect for the next 20 years.

Reaction score
As the years go by, more and more fans are accepting mediocrity. 9-7 is good enough. 10 wins is a bonus.

Understandable, but unfortunate.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The fact that so many fans have lowered their expectations is really disheartening. I totally understand it though, because mine have been lowered as well. I really hate to say this, but in a sense, being a Cowboys fan is not what it used to be. There was a time when I hated losing, more than I loved winning because winning was expected. It's not like that any longer. The wins are still amazing, but the losses, while not necessarily expected, do not have the sting they used to. I watch every minute of every Cowboys game, but sadly enough (and for years now) with completely different expectations. - - thanks Jerry.
Pretty much sums up how i feel....welp

cern

Reaction score
You know what you are going to get from these guys. They are not good enough or creative enough to take this team any further than what they achieved this season, and we know that.

I can live with expecting less ONLY IF I KNOW FOR FACT HOW THINGS WILL END, whether a winning or losing season.

As a cowboys fan hearing that linehan will go no where is like the doctors telling you you have "×" amount of years to live.

You are not expecting much and you know how things will eventually end.

I am ok with that. I really am. I feel that next season I can finally sit back and loosely enjoy football without bubbleguts and butterflies.

Knowing that if we make the playoffs and that we will eventually get shredded by creative playcalling and teams like the rams, saints etc puts me at ease.

Knowing that Garrett will only claim we have to get "21" going instead of getting more offensive players involved or coaching the whole offense up puts me at ease.

Knowing that all we can do is play 90's ball and fail to compete with the modern trend makes things a little easy.

It puts my high hopes on cruise control for the moment.
I cannot imagine living with standards set so low. It'd be like going fishing without any expectation of catching a fish. Or bird hunting without ever shooting a bird. Or just never expecting to succeed at anything.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Stephen is 100% committed to improving the team,to not only having another winning season next year,but getting that divisional playoff win,and considering they are signing back a good majority of their players,and Jerry gave a rounding endorsement of Garrett and Richards but not Linehan,he’s the only big change left to make.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
You know what you are going to get from these guys. They are not good enough or creative enough to take this team any further than what they achieved this season, and we know that.

I can live with expecting less ONLY IF I KNOW FOR FACT HOW THINGS WILL END, whether a winning or losing season.

As a cowboys fan hearing that linehan will go no where is like the doctors telling you you have "×" amount of years to live.

You are not expecting much and you know how things will eventually end.

I am ok with that. I really am. I feel that next season I can finally sit back and loosely enjoy football without bubbleguts and butterflies.

Knowing that if we make the playoffs and that we will eventually get shredded by creative playcalling and teams like the rams, saints etc puts me at ease.

Knowing that Garrett will only claim we have to get "21" going instead of getting more offensive players involved or coaching the whole offense up puts me at ease.

Knowing that all we can do is play 90's ball and fail to compete with the modern trend makes things a little easy.

It puts my high hopes on cruise control for the moment.

It sounds like Linehan is far from secure. Ill hold my breath.

Reaction score
Stephen is 100% committed to improving the team,to not only having another winning season next year,but getting that divisional playoff win,and considering they are signing back a good majority of their players,and Jerry gave a rounding endorsement of Garrett and Richards but not Linehan,he’s the only big change left to make.
We have been hearing these types of words from Jerry and Stephen for decades. Yet nothing changes.

And there is no evidence that anything will change.

black label

Reaction score
I lived as a child the Staubach years. Raised in the NY area and wearing my Cowboy Jacket in Giant-Jet country made me feel PROUD!
That feeling hasn't been around for almost a quarter of a century and I wonder if I will ever experience it before I meet the man in the sky?

Jerry Jones you are not a FOOTBALL GM .....give it up man give it up and just count your dollars!!!

P.S. Still hate them 70s Steelers with a vengeance!!!! :muttley:
Wow Pappy, sounds like me. I'm in bergen county

Chrispierce

Reaction score
We have been hearing these types of words from Jerry and Stephen for decades. Yet nothing changes.

And there is no evidence that anything will change.
Yet,during the season they went out and got Cooper,fired the o-line coach and now won’t committ to Linehan being their guy? Why don’t you go listen to that 105 interview with Stephen,and then tell me does that sound like someon who’s satisfied with things as is? Doesn’t to me. Sounds pretty disappointed,and very unsatisfied about things as is. I listen to Stephen...I know him now.and he’s not serving up empty words. When he’s not happy like that,even though they had a good year? It’s because they failed to meet a hard line,and he will be making adjustments till it does meet that line.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I cannot imagine living with standards set so low. It'd be like going fishing without any expectation of catching a fish. Or bird hunting without ever shooting a bird. Or just never expecting to succeed at anything.

You let know how things will turn out when we get into the playoffs and run into a modernized buzzsaw offense while trying to compete playing 90's ball.

When linehan is gone then out stock will go up. Until then, just enjoy whatever we get as fans.

It's what we must accept and that's that.

Our fanbase are the starving kids locked in the cellar. Every now and then Jerry comes by and drops a scoop of slop on the trey.

You either eat it or go hungry.

Reaction score
Yet,during the season they went out and got Cooper,fired the o-line coach and now won’t committ to Linehan being their guy? Why don’t you go listen to that 105 interview with Stephen,and then tell me does that sound like someon who’s satisfied with things as is? Doesn’t to me. Sounds pretty disappointed,and very unsatisfied about things as is. I listen to Stephen...I know him now.and he’s not serving up empty words. When he’s not happy like that,even though they had a good year? It’s because they failed to meet a hard line,and he will be making adjustments till it does meet that line.
Oh I think Stephen is quite sincere. I just think he has no clue how to accomplish it. He hasn't in the past. I see no reason why I should start thinking he can do it now.

If he gets rid of Garrett and the offensive coaches I might start thinking differently.