Kosier -- When is he scheduled to be back?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been answered a dozen times. But I don't visit as much anymore because of the rampant stupidity.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theogt;2313047 said:
I'm sure this has been answered a dozen times. But I don't visit as much anymore because of the rampant stupidity.

They said 2-3 weeks after the Packers game.

Yes-he is SORELY missed on our OL. I know it's just ONE guy, and he's not exactly our best OL(probably our weakest), but the CHEMISTRY on the OL has been in somewhat shambles during his absense.

With all the hoopla the Cowboys have been getting the last 2 weeks(whether it's Romo's miscues, TO's pouting, our D sucking wind, Wade showing no fire, etc), this is one story that's been buried a good one.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Boysboy;2313063 said:
They said 2-3 weeks after the Packers game.

Yes-he is SORELY missed on our OL. I know it's just ONE guy, and he's not exactly our best OL(probably our weakest), but the CHEMISTRY on the OL has been in somewhat shambles during his absense.

With all the hoopla the Cowboys have been getting the last 2 weeks(whether it's Romo's miscues, TO's pouting, our D sucking wind, Wade showing no fire, etc), this is one story that's been buried a good one.
I think he's been severely underrated by our fans here. He's definitely not our weakest link (that honor goes to Colombo, who is still a damn fine RT).

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2313047 said:
Per Watkins DMN chat...

10:30 [Comment From Ric]
What is the status of Kyle Kosier in terms of his returning to the starting line up?

10:30 He's got another week before he can return. He's still in a walking boot.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2313068 said:
Per Watkins DMN chat...

10:30 [Comment From Ric]
What is the status of Kyle Kosier in terms of his returning to the starting line up?
10:30 He's got another week before he can return. He's still in a walking boot.
That was today?

Boysboy

Reaction score
theogt;2313065 said:
I think he's been severely underrated by our fans here. He's definitely not our weakest link (that honor goes to Colombo, who is still a damn fine RT).

Remember he was one of our unsung heroes in the 2nd Giants game last year. The score was either 7-7 or 10-7 Giants, Romo fumbled, and one minute Strahan had that ball RIGHT in his breadbasket, but Kosier did something that PREVENTED that ball from being recovered by Stray. I doubt Proctor would have done that. Otherwise, the Giants have a short field to work with, the Meadowlands crowd is going nuts, and they have ALL the momentum from there on.

Pt being that Kosier brings alot of intangibles to the tables-his nastiness and leadership.

juck

Reaction score
Yes its crazy he was thought the weak link but he is surely missed,u can see it glaringly.What I dont understand is if he has a broken foot,why did he come back and play?Should have waited till healed.And obviously once healed the problem is fixed.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
juckie;2313108 said:
Yes its crazy he was thought the weak link but he is surely missed,u can see it glaringly.What I dont understand is if he has a broken foot,why did he come back and play?Should have waited till healed.And obviously once healed the problem is fixed.

o-line takes chemistry to be effective, you need to play with the same 5 guys all the time to really be good.

I suspect that's why proctor has been playing over holland, he has more chemistry and experience with the other guys.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
So we could have him back for the Rams game. That wouldn't be too shabby. I'm looking forward to having him back.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
It's fairly obvious that Kosier has the manliest beard on this team. This offensive line just misses that.

juck

Reaction score
When Kosier is healthy and a couple games into it we will start really clicking in november.I BELIEVE!!!

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
The next 5 weeks are as follow:

Dal@Ari
Dal@Rams
TB@Dal
Dal@NYG
Bye

He needs one more week before he can play. That would mean he be ready for the Rams game. Considering the Rams are one of the weakest teams this year they should continue to hold him out one more week just to be sure he is fully healed. That way he can come back ready for the big games against TB and NYG.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
We miss Kosier. Proctor is just bad. We're getting way too much pressure up the middle.

I'll bet money that when Kosier gets back and in the groove of things, Romo starts looking MUCH better.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Columbo is NOT the weak link. Sadly I have come to the conclusion that its between Kosier and Gurode. The Hotel is as steady as ever and same for Bigg.
Columbo has been better then ever this year. Gurode and his snaps and Kosier getting bull rushed are the problems.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
we should just take our time with him.....after the bye is the target.