Kris Richard, Cowboys D-Coordinator, Free Agent DT

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xwalker, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

93,966 Messages
    19,129 Likes Received
    Given the FA the Cowboys have and soon to be FA who likely will get extension like Dak, Zeke and Cooper as well as DLaw who is a FA I don't see Cowboys making a big time DT in FA. those 4 current players come at a cost. Cowboys will have to hit picks in the draft and 2nd tier FA

DuncanIso likes this.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

19,892 Messages
    5,311 Likes Received
    I should have said there aren't big guys who are quick that the Cowboys actually passed on, because they don't exist.

Also Mebane is lighter than Woods, Poe has 6 sacks in his last 61 games and got so fat they put bonuses in his contract to lose weight, Reader has 4 sacks and 10 TFL in 46 career games. Goldman is only 320. Basically, your point is that the Cowboys didn't sign Wilfork?

3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

39,727 Messages
    36,680 Likes Received
    Wrong.

The excessive stunting that most of the sports world has highlighted as the biggest problem in the Cowboys/Rams playoff game is a Marinelli calling card.

Keithfansince5 and Fredbeard like this.
  4. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

2,589 Messages
    2,498 Likes Received
    Kris took the blame already for how the defense played.....stop making excuses for him. He got out coached and the defense was why we lost.

5. xwalker

39,727 Messages
    36,680 Likes Received
    Wrong again.

The biggest issue with the defense was the DLine getting out schemed.

The DL scheme is Marinelli's.

Keithfansince5, BAT and Buzzbait like this.
  6. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

2,589 Messages
    2,498 Likes Received
    Dude if I was wrong I would not care; but if it gets you off continue. According to Kris himself he was at fault and based on what he did in Seattle I agree. He was the on DC in the playoffs that stuck to what he normally does against the Rams and took nothing from the Bears or what the rest of the NFL did against the Rams in the month of December. Kris does what he does and he is not going to change.

7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

93,966 Messages
    19,129 Likes Received
    In that game seahawks sure as hell did not see it. lol

8. Rockdoc

Rockdoc Well-Known Member

602 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    i too am interested if RIchards wants a prototypical 1Tech
    if he does, the 1 Tech doesnt have to be a 1 tech, just be mobile enough for the first 3 steps
    and stop the dang gone run

9. Rockdoc

Rockdoc Well-Known Member

602 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    more sacks for or DEs if he requires attention

10. xwalker

39,727 Messages
    36,680 Likes Received
    Wrong again.

11. Number1

Number1 Well-Known Member

907 Messages
    680 Likes Received
    what makes you think Richard will get the job?

12. Ekspozed

Ekspozed Well-Known Member

230 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    Brown would be perfect fit here but too pricey for us. Shelton on the other hand is a big boy that I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on. I imagine Crawford Shelton woods tank on obv run downs would clog things up and do wonders for lve and Smith.

BAT likes this.
  13. xwalker

39,727 Messages
    36,680 Likes Received
    The best fat boy is Snacks Harrison. The Colts got him for a 4th and about the same salary as Tyrone Crawford.

Poe gave Fred/Martin fits but that's been a couple of years. Getting too big is always a risk with those mega sized linemen.

The NFL weight listings are far from accurate. I often take note when players tell their weight in interviews and for linemen the roster listings are often as much as 20 pounds off.

Fans obsess about getting a giant sized DT but the zone running scheme made many of those types obsolete. If they can't move quickly enough they'll block off their own guys from pursuit against the zone run scheme.

I was watching the 92 season NFC championship game recently and noticed NT Ted Washington. That guy was really really fat (Listed at 375). He was good against the Cowboys straight ahead power run game but you won't see guys like that anymore.

beware_d-ware likes this.
  14. Fredbeard

Fredbeard Active Member

168 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    It wasn't just one game though.the cowboys
    Gave up over hundred yards rushing five times this past season before the rams game.when did rod's views on defensive tackle become gospel?was nick hayden explosive and quick twitch?

Keithfansince5 likes this.
  15. Fredbeard

Fredbeard Active Member

168 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    What about red bryant? He was listed at 320-325. I agree that you don't necessarily need a 330+ defensive tackle but you do need a least one who is good at anchoring against the run , and can stack double teams . rod doesn't seem to value those abilities.Again , your talking about a guy who thought nick hayden was a quality dt

Keithfansince5 and BAT like this.
  16. Fredbeard

Fredbeard Active Member

168 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    honestly, I can't believe this silly debate over defensive tackles is still on going. The rams game should have been The definitive nail in the coffin.how much more evidence is needed?how many more times are we. Going to have to watch the cowboys lose a important game because they can't stop The run?The cowboys have a few solid defensive tackles but , no I don't think they are nfl starter quality. Dallas should upgrade the dt position .rod's views on evaluating d-line talent are fundamentally flawed. If marinelli returns next season , it should be in a role similar to Monte Kiffin's before he left. Keep Rod from having any real influence on the defense.
    Christ . enough already:angry:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Keithfansince5 and BAT like this.
  17. Fredbeard

Fredbeard Active Member

168 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    I think snacks Harrison played well against Frederick and Martin when he was with the Giants.

18. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Well-Known Member

1,984 Messages
    1,772 Likes Received
    I'm with you jazz, I want to see some big mean run stopping DTs for a change, and Marinelli is never going to do it.
    Make Richard the DC!

jazzcat22 likes this.
  19. DanA

DanA Well-Known Member

1,112 Messages
    979 Likes Received
    We should trade a token pick for Gerard McCoy whose rumoured to be getting cut. He’s a good fit for us and on a contract that suits is.

20. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

491 Messages
    491 Likes Received
    The Rams game
    Richard isn't the DC....