Kris Richard dilemma

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody minds the secondary giving up the backbreaking play in OT? Or was that one on the players, and not the coach?

Sydla

Reaction score
If you hire Josh McDaniels our players won't understand his scheme. It's a bit complicated. Plus he has no problem calling you out.

But hurt players and having to learn in game adjustments on the fly. Yeah that's not happening.

I would want no part of McDaniels.

He failed at one job, which admittedly isn't an immediate disqualifier. But he was the brain child behind taking Tebow in the first round which was a clear mistake. He made that pick out of his own arrogance.

And then pulling what he did with Indy was bizarre.

He strikes me as a ******.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do you actually think taking an interim HC job would put less on Marinelli's plate? If so, we have nothing else to discuss on the matter because it's obvious that you don't have a clue kid.
dude you are ridiculous, you have zero idea either and argue like you are some kind of NFL insider in the know.. get over yourself..move on nothing to see here..:facepalm::thumbdown:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Richard. Don't see how he helps the O as HC. But if we lose the next two, it is obvious that Garrett isn't retuning after the bye.

Very reasonable.

I certainly don't think Richard helps the offense either, not by himself. But my expectation would be that if and when Garrett went, Linehan would go with him. They're joined at the hip in that bunker now. And, in fact, I think Linehan would be first to go if only one of them did. But I can't envision a scenario where Garrett was fired and Linehan wasn't.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dude you are ridiculous, you have zero idea either and argue like you are some kind of NFL insider in the know.. get over yourself..move on nothing to see here..:facepalm::thumbdown:

Throw a tantrum kid, it's a great look for you.
:laugh:

T-RO

Reaction score
Priority #1 is an OC w/recognized quarterback whisperer skills and who can build an offense for a young QB (Dak’s successor). If we have to give that guy HC title to get him to Dallas... do it.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
That's my thinking. And from where I sit, he did a pretty nice job with Russell Wilson as well. And in Minnesota with Adrian Peterson. I'd certainly take him in a heartbeat over Garrett-Linehan if it were my choice.

I really think you have a genius idea here. I want this to happen so bad. Angry with you that it won't.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
That was in ONE game that they lost... where I believe Meyer said he was right about misusing him. It was already going to be his last year there.

Maybe. Something must have been brewing, though. Usually one doesn't "quit" a job after just one incident but maybe Zeke does.

aria

Reaction score
Not sold after half a season. As usual, some fans here have a tendency to over react after a very small sample size whether it be a player or coach. Hell, sometimes it’s a player who hasn’t even stepped on the field yet.

Great, he coached a defense that had 3 potential HOF’ers and he gets animated on the sideline. How about we see how he does for at least one season, preferably more, before crowing him the next HC in waiting?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sold after half a season. As usual, some fans here have a tendency to over react after a very small sample size whether it be a player or coach. Hell, sometimes it’s a player who hasn’t even stepped on the field yet.

Great, he coached a defense that had 3 potential HOF’ers and he gets animated on the sideline. How about we see how he does for at least one season, preferably more, before crowing him the next HC in waiting?

Can we judge 8 years of failure? Or is that not large enough of a sample size either?

Fact is that Richard actually has a track record of success and being good at his job. And a Super Bowl ring to wear too. Conversely, what has the guy we want him to replace got?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
If you hire Josh McDaniels our players won't understand his scheme. It's a bit complicated. Plus he has no problem calling you out.

But hurt players and having to learn in game adjustments on the fly. Yeah that's not happening.

Patriots have always been about next man up, and they actually get the players to do it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Nobody minds the secondary giving up the backbreaking play in OT? Or was that one on the players, and not the coach?
Sure lets blame the defense, the same defense that was on the field way to long because Garrett cant game plan scheme or create an offense that keeps the defense off the field.

Galian Beast

Reaction score

That collapse had nothing to do with coaching. Players give up plays all the time. Are they being consistently put in bad positions though? Is there an organizational issue? That is what is on coaching.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

I don't even understand the point of this statement.

You're saying we should rule him out as a head coach because the DBs gave up a big play to Hopkins in OT last week?

aria

Reaction score
Can we judge 8 years of failure? Or is that not large enough of a sample size either?

Fact is that Richard actually has a track record of success and being good at his job. And a Super Bowl ring to wear too. Conversely, what has the guy we want him to replace got?
Sure, did I ever say anything about keeping JG?

So there’s no other position coaches or OC’s/DC’s with a history of success or SB’s? I guess that settles it, Richard is the most obvious and only choice.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't even understand the point of this statement.

You're saying we should rule him out as a head coach because the DBs gave up a big play to Hopkins in OT last week?

I’m saying people take the same outcomes and interpret them differently based on their reletive feelings about a coach.