Kristian Fulton CD LSU possibility at 17

garyv

Reaction score
https://www.draftblaster.com/2020-nfl-draft/kristian-fulton-cb-lsu/

School: LSU Position: Cornerback Class: Senior Height: 6′ Weight: 195 Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:
After a few tumultuous years that involved a suspension due to messing with a drug test, Fulton was able to get on the field full time for LSU. As much hype as there was around Greedy Williams, Fulton almost always looked like the better NFL prospect. He has prototypical size and speed for the position, and has demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of playing corner: covering outside, covering inside, playing against the run, blitzing. He thrives in man coverage, getting physical at the line, and blanketing his man down the field. He is agile, with smooth hips, and knows how to use his hands at the point of the catch to disrupt passes. He is a willing and able tackler, and can’t be schemed against due to holes in games or unwillingness to get physical.

https://secureservercdn.net/166.62....ds/2019/05/Kristian-Fulton-CB-LSU-678x381.jpg

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
CB just doesn't make any sense in the first round for this team.

If you let Byron go, you're saying that you don't prioritize corner. That's the exact opposite ideology of drafting one. You're saving a few million for a certain downgrade. That doesn't make much sense to me.

garyv

Reaction score
Here is who I'm actually wanting to Draft just not sure the cards will fall this Way. Focus on Def.

1st Round Javon Kinlaw DT
2nd Round Jaylon Johnson CB
3rd Round Trevon Diggs CB
4th Round Leki Fotu DT

Sign Safety HaHa Clinton Dix in Free Agency

Xavier187

Reaction score
Fulton in the 1st
Robbie robinson in the 4th
Let jones and scrubby brown walk save the cash.
You have to remember, awuzie and mighty mouse are next. Awuzie might be better as a Safety

exciter

Reaction score
Here is who I'm actually wanting to Draft just not sure the cards will fall this Way. Focus on Def.

1st Round Javon Kinlaw DT
2nd Round Jaylon Johnson CB
3rd Round Trevon Diggs CB
4th Round Leki Fotu DT

Sign Safety HaHa Clinton Dix in Free Agency
Pretty much everybody has Diggs going in the 1st... most in top 20. Fotu in the 2nd. Explain how you're going to get them in 3rd and 4th!

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
CB just doesn't make any sense in the first round for this team.

If you let Byron go, you're saying that you don't prioritize corner. That's the exact opposite ideology of drafting one. You're saving a few million for a certain downgrade. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Agreed. Even if you let Byron go, you can get a next tier corner in free agency at half the price. Mackensie Alexander or James Bradberry would cost probably five mill a year less. Corner pool thins out after second round though so if Dallas does part ways with Byron they will need to either sign a corner or draft one very early.

garyv

Reaction score
Pretty much everybody has Diggs going in the 1st... most in top 20. Fotu in the 2nd. Explain how you're going to get them in 3rd and 4th!

I was looking at current rankings and have not seen him in the first round. There will be players moving up after the combine as well as some moving down. I think the biggest thing depending on free agency these first 3 rounds need to address DL and Secondary. I would look at Free Agency very strongly this year and they can it will take a few players walking aka Crawford and a few restructures but they need 3 in the Draft to start and 3 in Free Agency to start. 2-DT, 1-CB, 1 Slot WR if not resigning Cobb, 1-Safety, 1-LB

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
But that kind of thing makes sense to the Cowboys.

Drafting a corner at 17 would be a major stretch. I am not a fan of the idea at all, especially Fulton.

Xavier187

Reaction score
But that kind of thing makes sense to the Cowboys.

Drafting a corner at 17 would be a major stretch. I am not a fan of the idea at all, especially Fulton.

He is pretty much telling you they dont wanna pay that money. Its not a stretch for a CB.
If yoi cant slow the Wrs then how the heck are you gonna win games just keep trying to score

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm skeptical of (my own evaluations of) LSU corners..

Loved Patrick Peterson. (I was right)

Felt Mo Claiborne was overrated. (I was right)

Didn't like Jalen Collins. He is now in the XFL. ( I was right)

I liked Rashard Robinson. Out of the league ( I was wrong).

I liked Tharold Simon. Out of the league ( I was wrong).

Felt Tre'Davious White was overrated. ( I was very wrong)

I liked Donte Jackson.( I appear to be right)

Jury is still out on Greedy Williams but I thought all of the Top 10 draft pick talk was wrong. He went 46th, so I give myself 1/2 a point.

Fulton is okay to me, 17 seems high. My eyes always went to Grant Delpit and the freshman Derek Stingley Junior.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
https://www.draftblaster.com/2020-nfl-draft/kristian-fulton-cb-lsu/

School: LSU Position: Cornerback Class: Senior Height: 6′ Weight: 195 Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:
After a few tumultuous years that involved a suspension due to messing with a drug test, Fulton was able to get on the field full time for LSU. As much hype as there was around Greedy Williams, Fulton almost always looked like the better NFL prospect. He has prototypical size and speed for the position, and has demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of playing corner: covering outside, covering inside, playing against the run, blitzing. He thrives in man coverage, getting physical at the line, and blanketing his man down the field. He is agile, with smooth hips, and knows how to use his hands at the point of the catch to disrupt passes. He is a willing and able tackler, and can’t be schemed against due to holes in games or unwillingness to get physical.

https://secureservercdn.net/166.62....ds/2019/05/Kristian-Fulton-CB-LSU-678x381.jpg
Sounds like a friend for Randy Gregory

cowboyec

Reaction score
hope we can keep Byron Jones.
if we don't,Fulton makes sense at 17.
other CBs I like after Rd 1...
•Damon Arnette,Ohio St
•Lamar Jackson,Nebraska
•Lavert Hill,Michigan
•Dane Jackson,Pitt
•Mike Hampton,S Florida
•Damon Hayes,Rutgers
•Parnell Motley,Ou

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
hope we can keep Byron Jones.
if we don't,Fulton makes sense at 17.
other CBs I like after Rd 1...
•Damon Arnette,Ohio St
•Lamar Jackson,Nebraska
•Lavert Hill,Michigan
•Dane Jackson,Pitt
•Mike Hampton,S Florida
•Damon Hayes,Rutgers
•Parnell Motley,Ou
Arnette and Jackson are my two. But not at 17.

Xavier187

Reaction score
You guys are sleeping on troy Pride and Robbie Robbinson for Tulsa.
Those two will surptise you in rounds 3to5.

Fulton is a good CB and I would take him in the 15to25 range.
Walter has him as a 2nd round pick