Twitter: Kudos to Bret Maher

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great move as Bailey continued his struggles last week. Maher can also kick more than extra points and FG too.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very true. I was pretty sceptical after that first miss. That being said, he needs to make more high pressure kicks for me to be convinced.

He made what 17 in a row, and aren't all kicks really under pressure to make.
It shouldn't take more to be convinced.

Even when Bailey kicked anything longer than a 45 yarder. though he used to be always on, I still was thinking, don't let this one nee a miss.

links18

Reaction score
He needed to kick it about six more inches to the right on his last kick. Maybe wait until he makes his next one before asking us to celebrate him?

dwreck27

Reaction score
One of the few times I tip my cap up the coaches and FO who made the move on a fan favorite player who had a history here they many other franchises might have kept on that alone

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Great move as Bailey continued his struggles last week. Maher can also kick more than extra points and FG too.

Good point . He is our backup punter if needed. We have a backup Kickoff XP kicker as shown last year in Jeff Heath but no real punter...

Tommy

Reaction score
It doesn't help that his two misses were at complete inopportune times.

That being said, I like Maher. It was clear Dan had to go and I'm thankful that we're not paying a kicker 7M a year like Pittsburgh.
Yeah right! So now we are going to pretend that everyone here wasn’t blaming the FO for this move and saying the only reason Jerry released a pro bowl kicker was to save money.

Now “it was clear Dan had to go.” This place is crazy.

dckid

Reaction score
We know the FO have their critics, but no question, they got this one right...

Props to the Front office. We all know Jerry didnt make this call, and why would he.
I honestly think he just cares about the big names, you know he gave the ok to get Amari Cooper for a first. We are one of the better drafting organizations over the past few years, which burns me up even more about the Amari pick.
If we only had this desperation over the offseason as opposed to week 8 in the regular season.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Yeah right! So now we are going to pretend that everyone here wasn’t blaming the FO for this move and saying the only reason Jerry released a pro bowl kicker was to save money.

Now “it was clear Dan had to go.” This place is crazy.
I never once bemoaned Bailey's release. It was clear to me, as a spectator, last season that he lost his mojo and that has translated into this season with the Vikings.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I know he’s received hate for the miss last week, but let’s not forget the game winner against Detroit.

GenoT

Reaction score
To be honest, ol’ Jerry’s had a pretty consistent run of good kickers.

If only we could say the same about HC’s and QB’s.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I never once bemoaned Bailey's release. It was clear to me, as a spectator, last season that he lost his mojo and that has translated into this season with the Vikings.

Also most posters ignore the injury factor. Even if Bailey had been better in the preseason (he wasn't) you have to consider the possibility of him getting hurt again and watching Jeff Heath trot out on the field as your backup kicker. Its a big factor most people weren't talking about.