Kudos to Jerry and the FO

rambo2

Reaction score
For what????? The second round dude they drafted is more concerned about his new name, than his NFL GAME!
That 2nd round dude is faster than a lot of receivers. They now have 2 pass rushers that run 4.4.

rambo2

Reaction score
Kudos for what? Leaving us in a worse position than we started the offseason? Name one position group where we really improved with any certainty?
They are improved at left guard, tight end, and pass rusher. That is 3.

Ken

Reaction score
I would like to see the Cowboys be a little more aggressive in the middle rounds. Last year they had 3 3rd round picks and I was hoping they would move up and maybe grab Milton Williams.

This year they had 4 5th round picks and instead of moving up at certain points to grab guys who fell. I am pretty sure they could have moved up in the 3rd and grabbed Dean ahead of the Eagles. Even if it cost them 2 5ths, so what? They did not get anyone special in the 5th.

If you are not going to use Free Agency to sign good players then you better make sure you get good players in the draft.
I disagree that they didn't get anyone special in the fifth.

The T looks like the LT of the future to me and the LSU LB represents the same kind of value that Dean represented for the Eagles.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be passing out any kudos to Jerry and the FO until we see what kind of team we have this season. It’s not like we’ve had a great offseason.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Jerry and the FO deserves some credit for this draft.
Not because it was a great draft, as it was not great, but far from horrible also. Even though some think it was very good, others did not think so.
I am still "processing" it all.

They pretty much kept the team at status quo. Between the draft and FA, the lost players, then signed a few FA's as well as many of their own players (yes cue the we like our guys posts). But also with the draft.
Basically replaced lost players, but players with a very good upside.

But I say kudos for the draft, because, they stuck with their picks.
They did not trade up to lose picks, they did not trade down to lose out on a player (though many wanted them to draft their pet cat, but that is normal). They also did not do any stupid cute trades or trade any future picks. Like a 2023 6th to get a 2022 7th.

When was the last time this happened? I was happy they used all their picks, as they think they did so wisely. I am not drawing any conclusions though at this time.
So , they did good, because they did not screw up?
We have low standards here.

terra

Reaction score
well if you have LOW standards maybe the OP was right.

Congratulating someone for not screwing up is pretty pathetic.

We got no sure things.

We got guys with potential.

For those howling about Williams speed I would remind them that some of our great picks of the past like Shante Carver had pretty good speed as well.

Taking a project in the first round is a fail right there to anyone with HIGH standards.

I could go on but I am not that bored.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Jerry isn't as dumb as some of you think....it's his good old boy attitude.....I was pleased with the picks, considering we were picking at the bottom of the rounds.

Lmao what? This clown sabotaged his own franchise because his own ego will not let him relinquish control to actual GMs. He runs the franchise like a small town grocery store. This was apparent in the All Or Nothing series. There is a reason since Jerry took over the GM side of things with his family, we are one of only 3 teams to not make the NFC title game. Even spare franchises like the Cardinals have made multiple appearances. Since has has taken over that side of things, this franchise has zero road playoff wins and a measly 4 wild card wins spread over nearly 3 decades.

Yes, he's that dumb. Very dumb. The whole hillbilly circus Jones family is very dumb.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lmao what? This clown sabotaged his own franchise because his own ego will not let him relinquish control to actual GMs. He runs the franchise like a small town grocery store. This was apparent in the All Or Nothing series. There is a reason since Jerry took over the GM side of things with his family, we are one of only 3 teams to not make the NFC title game. Even spare franchises like the Cardinals have made multiple appearances. Since has has taken over that side of things, this franchise has zero road playoff wins and a measly 4 wild card wins spread over nearly 3 decades.

Yes, he's that dumb. Very dumb. The whole hillbilly circus Jones family is very dumb.
So, the joke's on you then.....they are the one's laughing at fans that continue to ridicule and are still lining their pockets....LMAO

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Truth be told, they probably are laughing at the fans. jerry, "we'll get 'em next year guys. chuckes" "I can get a pig's heart and last for another 40 years. Go, Cowboys!!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Does Jerry deserve credit for getting next to nothing for Cooper and Collins? What about that doozy of a Zeke contract? He gets credit for those?