Kudos to Jerry and the FO

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jazzcat22, May 1, 2022.

1. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

33,149 Messages
    35,823 Likes Received
    Just bad luck. Couldn't be anything else, no way.

Diehardblues and BoyzBlaster like this.
  2. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

59,072 Messages
    67,819 Likes Received
    Wow, what a stretch for something that means nothing. :facepalm:

3. jazzcat22

59,072 Messages
    67,819 Likes Received
    I said for sticking to the draft picks and not doing anything cute or stupid. Not to the over all off season. Which is pretty much status quo. Did you read it all? As my post has nothing to do with that time frame you are referring to.

kskboys likes this.
  4. jazzcat22

59,072 Messages
    67,819 Likes Received
    Zek’s future depends on this season. Injured or not, he needs to have a very good season to stay here. Only because of his contract.
    That is a year away to be concerned with.

5. jazzcat22

59,072 Messages
    67,819 Likes Received
    Why? Because you hate them that much to read any further? A bit biased there and tells me what I need to know.

6. kskboys

33,149 Messages
    35,823 Likes Received
    I agree w/ your OP.

jazzcat22 likes this.
  7. BoyzBlaster

BoyzBlaster Well-Known Member

738 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    The bar is so low for some of these people. It's sad.

8. jazzcat22

59,072 Messages
    67,819 Likes Received
    Not low at all. Just giving my opinion they did not do something that ended up not so smart.

john van brocklin and kskboys like this.
  9. jazzcat22

59,072 Messages
    67,819 Likes Received
    Not low at all. What is sad is that some people don’t even have a bar, they just hate everything.

Can’t even say things are the same, nor better, not worse, on paper, without someone hating it. But that is their opinion.

10. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan

41,735 Messages
    16,598 Likes Received
    Yea ........ Jerry's great .......... not like its been 27 years since we won anything

11. BoyzBlaster

BoyzBlaster Well-Known Member

738 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    You're creating a post to give him kudos for......not screwing it up. That's a very low bar.

12. jazzcat22

59,072 Messages
    67,819 Likes Received
    What part … staying the same….did you not understand? Which leaves us as 12-5 team until the games are played.

CowboyFanInLexKy likes this.
  13. kskboys

33,149 Messages
    35,823 Likes Received
    This was a very tough draft to navigate. No blue chippers, and very few A prospects in general. No one will agree w/ everything, but all in all it makes sense.

jazzcat22 likes this.
  14. jazzcat22

59,072 Messages
    67,819 Likes Received
    No it is not. It is to counter all the ones saying they screwed up, when they really didn’t.
    Just because they did not pick the players you or others wanted. Or could not pick.

They did not pick players I wanted either, but I am fine with what they did overall. Many will contribute.

I guess you should go back and read it again and this time try to understand it better.

CowboyFanInLexKy likes this.
  15. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

6,041 Messages
    10,115 Likes Received
    I think they squandered value.

I'm okay with who they drafted, I just think they could have got some of them at a much lower position. In fact, I think they could have waited more than a round in some cases.

I don't have any problem with their ability to evaluate and identify talent. Their problem is the actual draft management.

McClay and his staff do a very good job but once the draft begins it seems they don't have a specific philosophy to maximize the value of their picks. They could have gotten some of the same players after they traded down.

Also, the strategy of filling needs detriment the opportunity to acquire uniquely talented players that would be better for the team long term

Also, the entire concept of filling needs versus BPA is deeply flawed in that they are probably not going to resolve their immediate issues with a rookie because they usually need a year to learn how to be an NFL player.

The following season the team may not have the same needs regardless of who they drafted. Perhaps some 2nd or 3rd year player had a breakout season.

How did the Cowboys resolve their lack of INT's leadung up to the 2021 season? Was it Wright or Joseph that propelled the team to the top of the league?

The truth is that both rookie CB's had zero contribution to the Cowbiys going from worse to first in that defensive category.

16. FVSTONE

FVSTONE Well-Known Member

1,619 Messages
    1,214 Likes Received
    Funny, I was just thinking about the same about you HOMIE.................

17. Loso86

Loso86 Well-Known Member

2,927 Messages
    2,400 Likes Received
    How dare you say anything positive about this front office!. Lol Not allowed here sir

jazzcat22 likes this.
  18. Gangsta Spanksta

Gangsta Spanksta Well-Known Member

6,065 Messages
    4,708 Likes Received
    You do know Diehard was being sarcastic, right? ;)

john van brocklin likes this.
  19. Gangsta Spanksta

Gangsta Spanksta Well-Known Member

6,065 Messages
    4,708 Likes Received
    Jerrah is reliving the same results over and over again ;)

20. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

21,085 Messages
    19,402 Likes Received
    Yes i did, but I could not resist !
    :muttley: