Kudos to Jerry and the FO

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Good God -- normally, I'd break out in festering boils at the very thought of praising Jerry!
This time, it's more like, merely, facial tics! :grin: I think I'll elect to credit Will McClay! :confused:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I don't agree that this was a good draft. Sorry

We had the pick to get the #1 RB but we took the 8th best ol'man

We had a shot to get a top 2 te in Woods but we took the 7th best DE

Tolbert was a good pick at 3.

Ferguson wasn't a top te prospect

We missed out on 2 top prospects at their respected positions to reach on lessors at their positions

We did get a couple of late picks I liked but the top 2 most important picks were reaches based upon trends in picks imo.

I'd rather have a #1 RB and top te prospect than a #8 og and #7 de.

I woulda took the best prospects at their positions. Js

We could have at least gotten 1 skilled player that was a top prospect even if it was a RB

What's the odds of getting the best RB in college football picking at 20-25??? Lol

We crapped our pants.

Ya might get a Parsons on the 12th pick or ceedee on the 17th PICK but the 24th pick is hard to land a TOP PROSPECT.

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It never hurts to have depth, though. Overall, this was an impressive draft for Dallas. The Cowboys gained a quality haul of day one starters, rotational options & developmental guys w/upside. Dallas typically drafts well, & this looks like yet another hit.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup you and Jerry know more than us mere fans and the rest of the league

let’s check back to your post in playoffs…

He will be prepared!!!!:muttley:

excuse-file-excuses.gif

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Jerry and the FO deserves some credit for this draft.
Not because it was a great draft, as it was not great, but far from horrible also. Even though some think it was very good, others did not think so.
I am still "processing" it all.

They pretty much kept the team at status quo. Between the draft and FA, the lost players, then signed a few FA's as well as many of their own players (yes cue the we like our guys posts). But also with the draft.
Basically replaced lost players, but players with a very good upside.

But I say kudos for the draft, because, they stuck with their picks.
They did not trade up to lose picks, they did not trade down to lose out on a player (though many wanted them to draft their pet cat, but that is normal). They also did not do any stupid cute trades or trade any future picks. Like a 2023 6th to get a 2022 7th.

When was the last time this happened? I was happy they used all their picks, as they think they did so wisely. I am not drawing any conclusions though at this time.
keep stoking it

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those that think this was a bad off-season are casual fans. Cowboys did what they had to do.
If this is truly the plan, then I like it. Dump big contracts and rebuild where necessary.

They were just doing a review of the NFCE drafts on NFLN.

Kay Adams did the Cowboys. Said it was not flashy, but solid picks that will help the team. Said she hopes they win a SB after all this time. Talked about Jerry and being flashy, and a few years ago making picks from his yacht. But this was not anything like that. Basically translated, very business like.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Kudos for what? Leaving us in a worse position than we started the offseason? Name one position group where we really improved with any certainty?
for whatever he chooses thpo give them that waht.,,

you dotn get to deciode who gets kudois for who

you arte one of "those Fans" that whines every play that each omne fo those player all year maki gstupid miostkes , getting suspended, no shows in bog games etc etc. ytou are mnisnng the payers needs those names and contratcs were NOT living up to expectaiotns and pridcutiion.dsont egt that twisted,,

colins got suspended came back out of shape GOT CUT Cwill we let go..he did take step back not sure we can lay that on Philbin but give the staff credit for cutting all these players who were underachieving and over paid

Jarwin- always hurt overpaid
Zurlien- missed soem easy kicks and xpas
Collins- suspended out of shape made too much money for the knuckleheads mistakes he made
Cwill-a penalty machine
Cooper-wheres this guy in big games? wasn't even our best target last year at 22mil hit this season missed 2 games , has had chronic foot issue and goes MIA in many games
Gregory yes they would have kept him with the insurance clause but kudos for putting that in the deal. knucklehead. Where was he other then jumping offsides against the 9ers?

those players can be replaced and most illey have.. fow,er is more productive and availaoble then Gregory, Washington is as good as Wilson, Lamb is ready to take Acs spot already did last year, and OL we will have an open comp last LG for sure plays others..so i say we either are even or better NOT worse..

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Kudos to Jerry and the front office. They've noticed we've been getting ran over in the playoffs. They know Shultz has his limitations. The know we loss some pass rushing ability with Gregory going to Denver. The knew our WR positions gets a little sketchy after the top three. They knew Conner Williams replacement wasn't on the team. They are starting to see the big picture, IMO.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They were just doing a review of the NFCE drafts on NFLN.

Kay Adams did the Cowboys. Said it was not flashy, but solid picks that will help the team. Said she hopes they win a SB after all this time. Talked about Jerry and being flashy, and a few years ago making picks from his yacht. But this was not anything like that. Basically translated, very business like.

Cowboys have been very business like since MM arrived. Its the element that he has brought to the franchise. NO BS and doing what has to be done with the roster.

Anyone that thinks MM is a puppet like Garrett was isnt paying attention.

kskboys

Reaction score
Cowboys have been very business like since MM arrived. Its the element that he has brought to the franchise. NO BS and doing what has to be done with the roster.

Anyone that thinks MM is a puppet like Garrett was isnt paying attention.
Agree. We are getting tougher. Say what you want, but Smith, Sammy, Ridge, and Fergie are some tough SOB's.

Appeasing Jerry and bowing down to Jerry are not the same thing.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Overall, I like the picks. The front office did well! Now, these young'uns get coached up and introduced to professional football. I hope they make the transition smoothly.