Kurt Warner head coach, Russell Wilson at QB

RaZon

Reaction score
Who would you hire as head coach and what would you do at QB had you not paid Dak?

I don't know would have to go back to that time, this isn't something I have thought about. Who pays a RB that kind of $$$$, who has Jason Garrett as your HC, who pays a guy who hasn't won anything 40 mill a season? One thing for sure too bad I wasn't in charge we'd be better off right now if I was.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't know would have to go back to that time, this isn't something I have thought about. Who pays a RB that kind of $$$$, who has Jason Garrett as your HC, who pays a guy who hasn't won anything 40 mill a season? One thing for sure too bad I wasn't in charge we'd be better off right now if I was.

If you were in charge you wouldn’t have a QB and would be stuck with a complementary back as your starting RB. I get your feelings on Zeke, he’s in decline and certainly not worth $15 million per season now but you’re not going to win anything without a solid QB. That’s going to throw a big wrench in your plans on building a championship team. Dak was having an MVP season before his calf injury. Hardly anyone was complaining about his salary prior to his slump. A poll was started when he was playing great and everyone was happy with him then.

RaZon

Reaction score
If you were in charge you wouldn’t have a QB and would be stuck with a complementary back as your starting RB. I get your feelings on Zeke, he’s in decline and certainly not worth $15 million per season now but you’re not going to win anything without a solid QB. That’s going to throw a big wrench in your plans on building a championship team. Dak was having an MVP season before his calf injury. Hardly anyone was complaining about his salary prior to his slump. A poll was started when he was playing great and everyone was happy with him then.

So Dak could have asked for 60 right?

Trust me I could do better than Jerry Jones and so could you and most all of us here. The guy is clueless.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So Dak could have asked for 60 right?

Trust me I could do better than Jerry Jones and so could you and most all of us here. The guy is clueless.

Dak got the going rate. He was having an MVP season in 2020 before his injury. Everyone thinks they can do better than Jerry. He doesn’t make decisions on his own he gets a lot of input. Had we moved on from Dak we would’ve ended up like Washington. They moved on from Kirk Cousins and have been stuck without a QB ever since. Cousins isn’t great but had they kept him they could’ve saved themselves a first round pick on Dwayne Haskins and used it on another position. They’re going to continue to struggle wasting picks on QBs. They’ve burned six first round picks, two of which in the top five on QBs the past 20+ years with no success.

RaZon

Reaction score
Dak got the going rate. He was having an MVP season in 2020 before his injury. Everyone thinks they can do better than Jerry. He doesn’t make decisions on his own he gets a lot of input. Had we moved on from Dak we would’ve ended up like Washington. They moved on from Kirk Cousins and have been stuck without a QB ever since. Cousins isn’t great but had they kept him they could’ve saved themselves a first round pick on Dwayne Haskins and used it on another position. They’re going to continue to struggle wasting picks on QBs. They’ve burned six first round picks, two of which in the top five on QBs the past 20+ years with no success.

Look, I get al that, but,.....ya don't pay any RB that kind of $$$$....ok? And.....you don't bring in Jason Garrett as your HC,...ok? I wouldn't have done those things, So we are already better off.

My man, seen a lot of football, I was there before we had a Dallas Cowboys, trust me, this stuff is not that complicated. RB's are a dime a dozen, TONS of them out there. Garrett simply sucks. No way ya pay a QB a second level QB 40 mill, I ain't doing it. Would have worked something out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Look, I get al that, but,.....ya don't pay any RB that kind of $$$$....ok? And.....you don't bring in Jason Garrett as your HC,...ok? I wouldn't have done those things, So we are already better off.

My man, seen a lot of football, I was there before we had a Dallas Cowboys, trust me, this stuff is not that complicated. RB's are a dime a dozen, TONS of them out there. Garrett simply sucks. No way ya pay a QB a second level QB 40 mill, I ain't doing it. Would have worked something out.

I definitely wouldn’t have hired Garrett. Zeke was coming off a 1400 yard season when we paid him. Not many on the board were complaining about his contract then. If you were running the team you would have been without a QB and a top runner. Good luck moving the football.

RaZon

Reaction score
I definitely wouldn’t have hired Garrett. Zeke was coming off a 1400 yard season when we paid him. Not many on the board were complaining about his contract then. If you were running the team you would have been without a QB and a top runner. Good luck moving the football.

You have any idea how many running backs are out there, TONS!!!!!!!!! no problems finding running backs.

Would have to do too much homework to figure out my QB plan but I would find somebody not so wrapped up in.....ME!!!! Ya don't pay a QB who has won nothing 40 mill, that's crazy,

Trust me we'd be better off than we are now with some RaZon power. Best scenario is grab a QB on a rookie deal.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You have any idea how many running backs are out there, TONS!!!!!!!!! no problems finding running backs.

Would have to do too much homework to figure out my QB plan but I would find somebody not so wrapped up in.....ME!!!! Ya don't pay a QB who has won nothing 40 mill, that's crazy,

Trust me we'd be better off than we are now with some RaZon power. Best scenario is grab a QB on a rookie deal.

There’s QBs who haven’t won anything that are making 40+ million a year. Josh Allen hasn’t won anything at least not yet. Deshaun Watson hasn’t won anything. Lamar Jackson hasn’t won anything except an MVP and he’ll be breaking the the bank soon. He’s 1-3 in the playoffs just like Dak. He was 7-5 this season. Would you pay him? Hopefully the QB you grab on a rookie deal wins a Super Bowl during that deal or you’ll be moving on from them.

RaZon

Reaction score
There’s QBs who haven’t won anything that are making 40+ million a year. Josh Allen hasn’t won anything at least not yet. Deshaun Watson hasn’t won anything. Lamar Jackson hasn’t won anything except an MVP and he’ll be breaking the the bank soon. He’s 1-3 in the playoffs just like Dak. He was 7-5 this season. Would you pay him? Hopefully the QB you grab on a rookie deal wins a Super Bowl during that deal or you’ll be moving on from them.

I'm not paying any QB who hasn't won a SB 40 mill a year, I need that $$$$ because we haven't won anything.

Why fight it guy, doing better at running the Cowboys than Jerry Jones is no big deal.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm not paying any QB who hasn't won a SB 40 mill a year, I need that $$$$ because we haven't won anything.

Why fight it guy, doing better at running the Cowboys than Jerry Jones is no big deal.

So if you were running a team you would’ve let Dak, Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson walk. Good luck finding a QB that can win a Super Bowl in their first four years.

RaZon

Reaction score
So if you were running a team you would’ve let Dak, Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson walk. Good luck finding a QB that can win a Super Bowl in their first four years.

So why is everybody here always talking about that 40 mill that Dak got?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So why is everybody here always talking about that 40 mill that Dak got?

Many fans here hate Dak. He was being bashed by fans before he ever got $40 million. No one was complaining about the $40 million when he was playing at an MVP level earlier in the season.