Kyler Murray does not like the Cowboys!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Remember he was probably influenced from his father as well who was an Aggie which Aggies are generally more of Cowboy haters aligning more with Houston teams with closer proximity to College Station.

His dad Kevin Murray was a star QB at A&M but he left after his junior year and wasn’t drafted. He eventually was signed to a FA contract by 49ers but didn’t make he team ( practice squad one year), then CFL one year, never to be heard from again.

If I recall correctly Kevin was outspoken about not getting a better shot in the league. Interesting that Dad ended up moving his family to Allen. I’d like to know more about that. Most likely it was all just about football.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Grew up in Arlington in the early 2000’s, I hate the “we sucked” excuse cause you support the home team regardless.

I grew up in "Steeler Country" and never liked them, even though they were good. I don't know people who look at a map then decide to support a team.

You like who you like, and the Cowboys have done nothing to make an entire generation of fans excited about them. That's on the Jones boys.

I could never relate to this clown. Wouldn't matter if I grew up across the street from Heinz Field.

da34a171cfd0cc92ad474980f4a8ed3d.jpg

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I lived in Bedford for a while, and live in the town next to it now. Been here since 1998. I never ever heard anyone talk about Murray. I guess no one cares.

DanA

Reaction score
I grew up in "Steeler Country" and never liked them, even though they were good. I don't know people who look at a map then decide to support a team.

You like who you like, and the Cowboys have done nothing to make an entire generation of fans excited about them. That's on the Jones boys.

I could never relate to this clown. Wouldn't matter if I grew up across the street from Heinz Field.

You need to look at a map in your home town? And it’s not really about geography, it’s about community.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Born in Bedford and going to high school in Allen, Texas (both suburbs of Dallas), you’d think Kyler Murray was a born and bred Cowboys fan. But, this was apparently not the case.

Hanging out with Sports Illustrated for the release of his magazine cover with FaZe Clan on Thursday, Murray was asked about his NFL allegiances as a kid.

His answer to to whether or not he was a Cowboys fan was a resounding “(expletive) no!”

“They were always a**,” the Cardinals QB said.

He later elaborated that he was a fan of the Minnesota Vikings growing up.

(The Cowboys meet Murray and the Cards twice this year.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...utally-honest-admission-on-cowboys/ar-AAKUQxi
The Vikings? Why? Is his family from Minnesota? What an odd favorite team for someone born in DFW.

Creeper

Reaction score
Nobody cares enough about the Cardinals to dislike them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO at the reaction of some in this thread against him. Do you think everyone that grows up or lives in the DFW area has to be a Cowboys fan?

You Cowboys fans that live in the other East cities, whazzamattawitchyouse???? Don't you know you're supposed to be a fan of your own team?

Got some of our own fans here that don't like that stupid America's Team label, Murray might well have his own good reasons for not liking the Cowboys. But that pisses you off?

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LMAO at the reaction of some in this thread against him. Do you think everyone that grows up or lives in the DFW area has to be a Cowboys fan?

You Cowboys fans that live in the other East cities, whazzamattawitchyouse???? Don't you know you're supposed to be a fan of your own team?

Got some of our own fans here that don't like that stupid America's Team label, Murray might well have his own good reasons for not liking the Cowboys. But that pisses you off?
Exactly. As they say, "to each their own".

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You need to look at a map in your home town? And it’s not really about geography, it’s about community.

Good point. I didn't grow up in any pro sports town. Pittsburgh was just the closest one to me, even though I lived in Ohio. That's still the case.

I spent a few summers in the 70s at my aunt's house in Garland, TX. That had a lot to do with me being a Cowboys fan, especially after meeting Landry and Staubach at some event in Mesquite when I was 8 years old. Never cared for the Steelers. Dad was a Browns fan but they were boring.

Plankton

Reaction score
LOL at all of the triggered folk on whether Murray hates the Cowboys. WGAS who he likes? It's irrelevant to anything.

erod

Reaction score
Kyler Murray is the greatest high school quarterback in Texas history.

He literally never lost a game in his life as a quarterback through high school.

Won 3 consecutive state championships at the big school level. Might have been 4 if they started him as a freshman.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys were a laughingstock his entire childhood.

Winners don't root for losers.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Kyler Murray is the greatest high school quarterback in Texas history.

He literally never lost a game in his life as a quarterback through high school.

Won 3 consecutive state championships at the big school level. Might have been 4 if they started him as a freshman.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys were a laughingstock his entire childhood.

Winners don't root for losers.
I could beat him in a watermelon seed spitting contest

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is like Julio Jones saying the Cowboys were never in the picture.

Contrary to what the Joneses think, lives are not made complete by playing for the Cowboys. They're an easy team to dislike because the owners are easy to dislike. Look at how many of us like the Cowboys and don't like the owners.

Nanner nanner booboo, you'd better like what I like or I am not going to like you. This does not apply to girlfriends, wives or the last beer.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I've seen it time & time again just because you were born in a football town doesn't mean you automatically become a fan of the home team.

That includes myself. Some fans on here I've read just don't understand the reasoning behind it. Cowboys fans are all over the world.

Why do fans in the United States have to cheer for their home team?! There's absolutely no logic behind it. Kinda like saying fans in other countries should stick w/Fußball & not the NFL.
o_O

rambo2

Reaction score
The Cowboys haven't been champions in his lifetime. Why would he be raised a Cowboys fan? He has a brain of his own.
His team the Vikings not only haven't been champions in his lifetime, but also haven't been champions in their entire history. They have exactly 0 championships. What do you think about that? Does that make him a pea-brain?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I’ve never known anyone personally from this area that wasn’t a Cowboy fan. I think where you are born and grow up plays a vital input to the teams we become fans of along with parents or family influence.

rambo2

Reaction score
He was born in 1997. The Cowboys have sucked his whole life.

Meanwhile, he never lost a football game in his life through high school during the same time.

Makes sense.
13 and 3 teams do not suck!