Kyler Murray does not like the Cowboys!

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Born in Bedford and going to high school in Allen, Texas (both suburbs of Dallas), you’d think Kyler Murray was a born and bred Cowboys fan. But, this was apparently not the case.

Hanging out with Sports Illustrated for the release of his magazine cover with FaZe Clan on Thursday, Murray was asked about his NFL allegiances as a kid.

His answer to to whether or not he was a Cowboys fan was a resounding “(expletive) no!”

“They were always a**,” the Cardinals QB said.

He later elaborated that he was a fan of the Minnesota Vikings growing up.

(The Cowboys meet Murray and the Cards twice this year.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...utally-honest-admission-on-cowboys/ar-AAKUQxi

Why meeting the Cards twice?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Then no kid in Dallas should be a Cowboys fan then? Besides, that photo of him at the stadium in a Cowboys jersey proves he's a liar.

Really? I don't think that wearing a jersey is the smoking gun you think but who really cares? I mean, he said what he said. He wouldn't be saying things like that if he had any desire to be a Cowboy. Typically, QBs don't say things like this because you never know when you might need a job. But he said it with no thought of ever considering that. What does that tell you?

As to the whole, "No Kid In Dallas" thing. Again, how does that work? That actually makes less sense to me. I'm not saying that every kid needs to want to be a Cowboy but I am saying that not every kid does because the team hasn't really been all that good. If a kid isn't a fan, well, that's probably a pretty good reason as to why not. But there is no never or always. That's just not how things work. All kids are not ever going to be fans and no kids are not always going to be fans. That's just the truth of it, like it or not.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Kyler: I wasn't a Cowboys fan growing up.
Entire World: We don't believe you.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2p7n7z.jpg
i spent 2 hours trying to muster up some give a damns and fell short every second of the effort.

stiletto

Reaction score
Not trying to make a point. I think its all funny honestly. I don't pretend to know what's going on in that picture just found its funny.

I know, I just saw someone call him a "liar" because of the photo. That is stupid...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LOL, that's like a woman going through your old photos to find a pic of you with your Prom date to make her point.

Kid was 6 years old in that pic probably. Most likely parent Cowboys fans made him wear the jersey. Wouldn't be insane, I put one on my 5 year old when we went to a game. She is 11 now and could care less about football. Parents can only do so much. Also, pretty sure he was able to form his own opinions as he got older. Doubt he is lying about how he feels about the Cowboys. Probably hates them more because his parents are blind homers...

Exactly. My youngest Daughter, I bought here a Cowboy Jersey when she was little and she grew up to be a Bears fan. My youngest Boy, he's a 49ers fan. My oldest Son and Daughter, both Cowboys Fans. You can't really pick teams for your kids, once they get to a certain age. It is what it is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Then no kid in Dallas should be a Cowboys fan then? Besides, that photo of him at the stadium in a Cowboys jersey proves he's a liar.
Yeah that's stupid and a excuse. The Cowboys have not won a title in 30 years but they surely haven't been bad all 30 years lol. They had some high profile guys and plenty of players kids were fans of. Since the beginning of the Cowboys existence you would just have those fans who weren't fans of the Cowboys....it happens lol.

stiletto

Reaction score
Exactly. My youngest Daughter, I bought here a Cowboy Jersey when she was little and she grew up to be a Bears fan. My youngest Boy, he's a 49ers fan. My oldest Son and Daughter, both Cowboys Fans. You can't really pick teams for your kids, once they get to a certain age. It is what it is.

Yep. Outside of general morality issues... forcing opinions, likes, and things on a child is a pure symbol of an idiot parent/person. "Because you are my child you must love Chic-Fil-A". LOL

stiletto

Reaction score
Oh yeah naw its not that serious lol. I can believe him. Just poking fun at him he honestly doesn't look very happy to have the jersey on lol.

LOL, I thought the same thing. He looks embarrassed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never liked Murray. Truth is, I never really gave him much thought either way so I don't really care if he likes the Cowboys or not.

But his words are interesting. We should all pay attention to them. He's a young player in the NFL who has never seen a day where the Cowboys have ever been what many of us grew up watching them be. They have never mattered in his mind, one way or the other. He sees the Cowboys as I see him, basically.

Think about that for a second. This is what 30 years of being more concerned with ticket sales and merchandising will bring you.

I don't blame Murray for what he thinks. It's what we should all expect really.

JMO
Fandom has nothing to do with wins especially for the hometown team. Not everyone from Dallas liked the Cowboys in the 90's.....

lqmac1

Reaction score
Born in Bedford and going to high school in Allen, Texas (both suburbs of Dallas), you’d think Kyler Murray was a born and bred Cowboys fan. But, this was apparently not the case.

Hanging out with Sports Illustrated for the release of his magazine cover with FaZe Clan on Thursday, Murray was asked about his NFL allegiances as a kid.

His answer to to whether or not he was a Cowboys fan was a resounding “(expletive) no!”

“They were always a**,” the Cardinals QB said.

He later elaborated that he was a fan of the Minnesota Vikings growing up.

(The Cowboys meet Murray and the Cards twice this year.)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...utally-honest-admission-on-cowboys/ar-AAKUQxi
Overrated bust! His play isn’t getting him attention so talk ab the ‘Boys.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Kyler Murray? Who gives a crap what that little twerp thinks. Heck, lots of Zone members don’t like the Cowboys unless they win either.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
For those of us who live here, we probably have children who are not Cowboys fans. My son is 21 and is a Chiefs fan. It's hard to get kids to root for a team that hasn't done anything in their lifetime. I can't think of any of his friends that were Cowboys fans either. I'm not even mad about it. I get it. I wonder what brings us all back every year. You want young fans, win.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Overrated bust! His play isn’t getting him attention so talk ab the ‘Boys.
Lol, really? Do you think he called a press conference to announce this?

He was asked a question and he answered it. That’s all this was

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those of us who live here, we probably have children who are not Cowboys fans. My son is 21 and is a Chiefs fan. It's hard to get kids to root for a team that hasn't done anything in their lifetime. I can't think of any of his friends that were Cowboys fans either. I'm not even mad about it. I get it. I wonder what brings us all back every year. You want young fans, win.
If you are raising kids where they watch with their Dads from the time they are very young they become fans before they are paying attention to wins and losses.

Besides, it’s not as if Minnesota was setting the NFL on fire when Murray was a kid, so there was some influence besides wins and losses.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
If you are raising kids where they watch with their Dads from the time they are very young they become fans before they are paying attention to wins and losses.

Besides, it’s not as if Minnesota was setting the NFL on fire when Murray was a kid, so there was some influence besides wins and losses.
Mine watched with me. He has his own mind. He's an athlete himself as well as I have nephews who are athletes and never saw it for the Boys aren't fans. They have rooted for them but never were inclined to become fans. This generation of kids want to see winners. Save that becoming fans because of their dads stuff. Even when my son was too young to understand wins and losses, we didn't have anything to celebrate about the franchise. Kyler is about the same age as my nephews, I'm not surprised.