Kyler Murray expected to declare for NFL Draft

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don’t think Murray is more than 5’ 10”. Not sure if a team would gamble with a first.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don’t think Murray is more than 5’ 10”. Not sure if a team would gamble with a first.

I don’t see any real chance of Murray going in 1st round. When you factor in the uncertainty of his career focus being a pro baseball player it’s far too risky for a team to use a commodity (high draft pick) on him.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I don’t see any real chance of Murray going in 1st round. When you factor in the uncertainty of his career focus being a pro baseball player it’s far too risky for a team to use a commodity (high draft pick) on him.

I agree. For Murray, it doesn't hurt to throw his name into the draft. From what I understand his contract with the A's doesn't allow him to go back to OU, so why not see if some desperate team bites. If I'm a NFL team I don't throw away a high pick on his rights. Of course I don't think he is worth a 1st round pick even if he were fully committed to the NFL. I don't think he is a franchise QB.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's interesting is Kingsbury is on video stating that he would take Murray #1 in the draft if he could. This was long before he became the Cardinals head coach but still.

I believe he'll be a first round pick and probably pretty high.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
What's interesting is Kingsbury is on video stating that he would take Murray #1 in the draft if he could. This was long before he became the Cardinals head coach but still.

I believe he'll be a first round pick and probably pretty high.

With the Cardinals or some other team?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This was before he was in contention for an NFL job. He was asked what he thought of Murray's potential in the NFL and he said hypothetically if he had the #1 pick he'd use it on him.

I see.

I just read an article that MLB has given the A’s permission to increase their contract figures for Murray to stay in baseball. I thought for sure he was set on baseball but perhaps the prospect of getting drafted relatively high and chance to hit the field will be enough to entice him. Digging it out for 2-3 years in minor league ball with less surety of having a regular gig in the big league could sway him as well.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see.

I just read an article that MLB has given the A’s permission to increase their contract figures for Murray to stay in baseball. I thought for sure he was set on baseball but perhaps the prospect of getting drafted relatively high and chance to hit the field will be enough to entice him. Digging it out for 2-3 years in minor league ball with less surety of having a regular gig in the big league could sway him as well.

Yeah I saw that. But the NFL appears to be his first choice. I think he believed like everybody else that his stature prevented him from getting drafted early to play QB. Now he has the advisory committee telling him he will be.