Kyler Murray Wins Heisman

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congrats to Kyler on an amazing season! He's such a strong dual-threat. His speed is astounding. Wonder which sport he will decide to pursue. I wish that Dwayne Haskins would have won but Kyler and Tua had a little stronger resume. Congrats to all finalists and congrats again to Kyler.

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score
Sooners just became the first school to have back to back Heisman quarterbacks and now has the most Heisman quarterbacks of any school with 4! I am very proud of Kyler! Boomer Sooner!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Against Top 30 P5 Defenses This Season
Haskins: 332.7 ypg, 10 TDs, 0 INTs
Tagovailoa: 209 ypg, 5 TDs, 4 INTs
Murray: 264 ypg, 4 TDs, 0 INTs

Against Top 10 Defenses
Haskins: 430 yds and 6 TDs
Tagovailoa: 140 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
Murray: Didn't play against one

Clearly, Murray (Big XII = no defense) and Tua (SEC hype) were better than Haskins. :rolleyes:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Congrats to Kyler on an amazing season! He's such a strong dual-threat. His speed is astounding. Wonder which sport he will decide to pursue. I wish that Dwayne Haskins would have won but Kyler and Tua had a little stronger resume. Congrats to all finalists and congrats again to Kyler.
I actually watched his dad Kevin play at Texas A&M.. I used to always like him and respect his game... but after watching him tonight he just looks like a pompous jerk. But yes congratulations to Kyler he was simply amazing at Allen High School.. never lost a game.

CowboysRock1980

Reaction score

It will be baseball since it is his dream to play baseball and he is offered a contract to play with Oakland Athletics

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Congrats to Kyler!!

Big 12 continues to be the QB and offensive driven conference.

Kyler was a joy to watch and I’m not an OU fan.

scottsp

Reaction score
I remember Kevin at NDHS and then when he went to College Station. This is just how he is. The Murray kids grew up in Arlington Park, where he and his brother Calvin were so highly competitive and obviously advanced athletically. Kyler was amazing this year and is likely destined to start his career in the A's organization.

His uncle, Calvin, works for Scott Boras and Kyler is a client.

So now, does this mean Austin Kendall is the next Lincoln Riley masterpiece who will end up at the Heisman ceremony this time next year? Sooner fans help me out here.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Sooners just became the first school to have back to back Heisman quarterbacks and now has the most Heisman quarterbacks of any school with 4! I am very proud of Kyler! Boomer Sooner!
You do know our #8 was a Sooners Q.B. before he'd gotten shoveled into U.C.L.A.?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wasn't this good at A&M. Lincoln Riley's offense has produced 2 Heisman winning QB's in 2 years. Someone should give that guy the Heisman.........not sure how Dallas doesn't make a serious attempt to sign him if Garret fails again in January.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Which is ironic since OU has never been considered a QB producing team.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After seeing him against Bama, Kyler is not an NFL QB. He's too short and he's not going to be to run like that in the NFL. He should take the baseball money.