Kyler Murray, yay or nay?

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
I believe every qb is a risk at 1 overall. It takes a different breed and a lot of times the right scheme for a Qb to succeed in the league for a long time.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More support than I expected.

This changes the league if he's a big success.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I know it's been hammered to stone, but I really think he's going to struggle to see the field in the NFL and he's gonna get swallowed by the pocket. He absolutely has the arm talent, but I'm just not nearly as convinced about his intangibles.

I think he's hands down one of the biggest boom or bust picks in a long time. If he is as advertised, by year two he could be one of the best players in the league. If his stature really is a factor, he may never be a legitimate starter.

Hardline

Reaction score
He's got an NFL arm and feet
And the skills to be a very good player.

His size doesn't scare me. If I had a chance to draft him I would.

The only thing that stops him is if he takes big hits.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
I still remember Doug Flutie --- so a No for me.

He will have his moments, but will fail in the end due to injury or just the normal can't make the reads in the NFL. Mainly due to height not allowing him to see over the line to make those reads.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I don't know how it got lost in translation...but everything...leading up to this week...the whispers he wasn't good in team interviews...was poor on the chalk board. He's not that big.....somehow just got all washed away.

I don't see how a person can discredit this...just sweep it all under the rug...pretend it didn't happen...and just carry on...hoping everything will be "ok"....:rolleyes:

But hey...looks like I'm in the minority once again. So be it...Funny thing is... Once Murray fails in football...I don't see him being any good in baseball either.
I'm with you. I don't see a successful NFL career for Murray.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Baker Mayfield was the right pick for the browns because he just has that killer attitude...hate the term swag but he just has it and I think he makes those around him better.

I think Murray has pretty good tools but I just don't know if he has that same type of attitude or swagger as Mayfield.

I don't know how he will deal with a good NFL Defense. And I don't think his oline will be as dominant in the NFL vs defenses as his huge monster oline was at oklahoma vs college defenses.

I also don't care for the idea that IIRC he told baseball teams he was not going to go to the NFL and was committed to baseball only to turn around and decide to go in the draft after there was a chance to go high in the NFL Draft.

What if he starts to struggle in the NFL and decides to have a change of heart and want to play baseball.

I don't get the same vibe from Murray as I did from Mayfield.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm no OU fan but I do like Murray. Having said that he will be long gone before Dallas drafts. I think he has a bright future in the NFL

Reaction score
OU follower here. Anytime you've got arm talent you've got a chance and he's got arm talent. Baker read defenses better IMO, but he also got to start for several years whereas Kyler just had the one year. The guy does not take hits well, as one would imagine, but if he can be smart about not taking hits like Russell Wilson then he'll be alright. I vote "Yay".

kskboys

Reaction score
I'll go on record and say that none of the top QB prospects will make it in the NFL, which includes Haskins and Lock as well.
I feel the same way. I really don't like any of them. If I had to take one, it'd prolly be Daniel Jones, and I'm not crazy about him either.

kskboys

Reaction score
The argument that just because one or two height challenged QB's succeeded others can is flawed.