La Canfora, Fitzpatrick trade expected tomorrow to Steelers **updated**

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It feels like some people in Pittsburghs front office are fighting for their jobs.

This thread reminds me that I'm talking to a bunch of guys who live nowhere near Pittsburgh.

I'm exposed to the Steelers/local media daily, whether I like it or not, and there's nothing surprising about this move.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
How you think Steelers fans feel?

0-2. Franchise hall of fame QB maybe just had his career ended.

Now you trade away a first for a DB who won’t be the difference in going anywhere this season. When you could have saved your first to get your next QB instead in a draft that will have Tua and Herbert.

Man oh man.

Maybe they think Mason Rudolph is their guy. He never has gotten his chance to show yet.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Just thought of this but not sure if it's been mentioned already.

1. LaConfora hasn't been much of an insider as of late, but he was once very connected to the Commanders. If it were them, he'd probably be someone who knew about it.
  2. They're big on Alabama players.
  3. They're known to give up big in terms of picks for trades.
Based on that, I'm changing my official guess to Washington.
Welp! Just like I called it!
:laugh:
Exactly like you called it

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I think I can see what the Steelers plan is, but I see two flaws in it. Number one, EVERYTHING! Number two, EVEN MORE SOMEHOW!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They’re trading guys now who’d otherwise walk in free agency. They want to get the QB first overall, so having good players now just hurts those odds. Liquidate, store your talent in picks, and then build quickly around the QB. It works if you can stomach betraying your fans by tanking.

No sure what PIT is thinking though.
Oh I get it but this is a 22-year old talented kid who Miami had affordable contractual control through 2022. I get tanking for a top QB, but this isn't the NBA, where one player (1/12th of your roster) can have a huge impact and you can sign 2 impact free agents to go with him. Even if Miami parlays this into Tua in 2020 or Lawrence in 2021, you have to find 52 other dudes to get that rebuild going. Think about what happened with David Carr and the expansion Texans. They ruined that guy.

They have 5 1st round picks in the next 2 years, so we'll all get to witness if this tanking works or not.

My guess is that Pittsburgh sees themselves as middle of the road team, with a chance to contend for a playoff spot, and that the 22-year old Fitzpatrick, with 4 years left on his rookie deal, is better than any player they are drafting mid-first round. Again, we'll see.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Wonder if we offered a 1st. Even if we did, Pittsburgh's offer beats us.

I get that they think they can contend for the AFC North, but they are at best a 9 win team who will lose early in the playoffs (without Ben).

Even if we did, it wouldn't have enough. Think about it, if you had multiple 1sts rounders on the table what would you do....prioritize your highest possible selection.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Kevin Colbert's been right more often than not in the past - people thought he was stupid for lowballing Le'Veon Bell, people thought he was stupid for fire-saleing Antonio Brown - but I REALLY don't understand the thinking behind this move.

Oh well. At least Fitzpatrick's not an Eagle.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I had actually thought of this as well. Bust for bust. I liked Harris better than Taco coming out of draft.
I liked them about the same....I thought the Saints would take Taco and then we'd draft Harris.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder if we offered a 1st. Even if we did, Pittsburgh's offer beats us.

I get that they think they can contend for the AFC North, but they are at best a 9 win team who will lose early in the playoffs (without Ben).
I can't imagine they received other first round offers if they traded him to Pittsburgh.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
We will regret this once Anthony SCRUB Brown is getting torched by Cooper Kupp in the playoffs

garyo1954

Reaction score
This thread reminds me that I'm talking to a bunch of guys who live nowhere near Pittsburgh.

I'm exposed to the Steelers/local media daily, whether I like it or not, and there's nothing surprising about this move.

You coulda had a Jalen Ramsey....lol
Actually I think its a smart move by both teams.

The Steelers are safe with Rudolph IMO and they offer the possibly the highest pick available (if things go bad).
Miami, on the other hand, will probably use the pick for a kicker.