La Canfora, Fitzpatrick trade expected tomorrow to Steelers **updated**

Zordon

Reaction score
Howie Roseman is like herpes man.

You may lose track of him but he seemingly is always popping up when you least expect causing discomfort and frustration.
They seem to be constantly in on the same players we are.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People can say what they want but this type of player/deal has Stephen and Jerry written all over it. Young blue-chipper with 3-4 years left on rookie deal playing a position we're set to lose 2-3 players 2020 FA. Just makes to much sense.....

Jerry just went through a draft with no first round pick. He's in no rush to do it again.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Although I think it's a flawed way of thinking. It shouldn't matter if you traded your first round pick last year. If the player is good value even for your 1st you should do it.

If the Cowboys(!) do make this trade good luck convincing your grandkids that this roster actually existed.

Kids: Stop lying, Granddad!

You: It's true!

Kids: Yeah right. Like Dorance Armstrong was ever a backup!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I want a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick on draft day next year. I do not want to see Dallas trade any of those picks. I don't want Fitzpatrick. Let some other team have him. I am good with the safeties we have now.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Although I think it's a flawed way of thinking. It shouldn't matter if you traded your first round pick last year. If the player is good value even for your 1st you should do it.

If the Cowboys(!) do make this trade good luck convincing your grandkids that this roster actually existed.
My question is do the Cowboys think he was good enough to go #11 overall.

If they do, you make the trade

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I want a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick on draft day next year. I do not want to see Dallas trade any of those picks. I don't want Fitzpatrick. Let some other team have him. I am good with the safeties we have now.

You do know Jeff Heath starts for Dallas?

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
This is one example where I might actually not mind parting with a high pick, even a first.

He’s only one year in the league, and you’d be getting him for 14 games into Year 2. So you lose 16 games from his overall tenure, but gain a 14-game advance on next April’s pick.

We’d basically be using the draft like a credit card.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Washington can have him. They are going nowhere, plus they just committed millions to Landon Collins at safety. Philly probably wants to see if he can play CB because they probably don’t think they’re going anywhere with that secondary.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Shrewd move to try to get Minkah the week we play Miami. His intel could be the tipping point.
Would it not be one of the funniest things in Cowboys history if they traded him to us the week we play them