Twitter: La'el Collins Extension Close

Sydla

Reaction score
This isn’t a bad thing. Just because he isn’t the other all-pro 3 doesn’t make him bad. He’s a decent tackle playing out of position, but still valuable

He's not bad. But he's kind of average to slightly above average, which is fine.

Except when you realize you are paying him as a Top 3 RT. You now have 4 offensive lineman making Top 3 money at their respective positions. What happens now to guys like Byron Jones and maybe Maliek Collins if he has a big year?

I'd much rather have Byron Jones back than La'el Collins. This just seems like an excessive use of resources for one area of the team. And then they are going to pay a TB Top 1 money to go with their highly paid OL.

I don't get it.

superonyx

Reaction score
You know what your problem is? You don't really read. Read the question I asked you. Stop acting like everybody is out to get you and stop thinking you are smarter then the next guy. Here's a clue, the next guy doesn't give a crap about you and you aren't any smarter or any dumber then the next guy.

This is what you said:

We already had the salary open this year to sign Zeke.

So explain it to me genius.

This is what I asked:

How do you know and why, exactly, would you only want to look at Zeke? Cowboys have several deals they need to get done.

Did you see the Collins deal coming or the Smith deal coming? There are multiple things this team is working on and you can't know what those are so you can't assume that there is sufficient money to do anything with any specific player. That's the point and that's why I asked what I did. Like I said, if you don't know or don't want to answer, just say so.
This is getting weird.

You are not very sharp so I will say it again.

I responded to a tweet where the person said we did the Lael deal so that we could sign Zeke. It doesnt mention we signed Lael so we could sign everyone else, or anyone else. Heck we didnt need to sign Lael for any reason other than we wanted to keep Lael around for the next 5 years.

The rest of your weird rant isnt even worth a response. You go off on some tirade where you need to imply stuff to attack. I guess you are still embarrassed by some of the other threads where you humiliated yourself and now here you are doing it here.

You want me to answer why I would only want to look at Zeke? I guess in order to answer this the way you want I would have to agree that I would only want to look at Zeke. So show me where this was said by me and then we can go down this hole.

Again this is a concept you can't follow. We didnt need to sign Lael to sign Zeke which is what I responded to. You want me to agree with assumptions you made up and tried to attach to me so we can argue.

Go ahead and go off on another weird tirade. You are not bringing any insight or intellect so at least you can bring me some humor.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is getting weird.

You are not very sharp so I will say it again.

I responded to a tweet where the person said we did the Lael deal so that we could sign Zeke. It doesnt mention we signed Lael so we could sign everyone else, or anyone else. Heck we didnt need to sign Lael for any reason other than we wanted to keep Lael around for the next 5 years.

The rest of your weird rant isnt even worth a response. You go off on some tirade where you need to imply stuff to attack. I guess you are still embarrassed by some of the other threads where you humiliated yourself and now here you are doing it here.

You want me to answer why I would only want to look at Zeke? I guess in order to answer this the way you want I would have to agree that I would only want to look at Zeke. So show me where this was said by me and then we can go down this hole.

Again this is a concept you can't follow. We didnt need to sign Lael to sign Zeke which is what I responded to. You want me to agree with assumptions you made up and tried to attach to me so we can argue.

Go ahead and go off on another weird tirade. You are not bringing any insight or intellect so at least you can bring me some humor.

Yes, but the weird part is that you see yourself as the smartest guy in the room. The funny part is that everybody is watching you do this. So yeah, there is a certain entertainment value but as far as you specifically, your are just a waste of time and space. I can post all day and it won't matter because you are just you.

"A Concept You Can't Follow" Humm...... sounds a lot like saying, "Some BS I posted that I can't explain so I'm just going to post this crap." LOL...... whatever man. I'm fine with whatever judgement this board pass on my intellect. However, I'm looking forward to watching that play out with you.

LOL....... What a joke and believe me, I'm laughing right now, right here.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Then we wasted a 2nd round pick on Williams.

This signing makes little sense to me (granted, let's see the details of the contract).
or we have great OL depth...which is never a waste.

superonyx

Reaction score
Yes, but the weird part is that you see yourself as the smartest guy in the room. The funny part is that everybody is watching you do this. So yeah, there is a certain entertainment value but as far as you specifically, your are just a waste of time and space. I can post all day and it won't matter because you are just you.

"A Concept You Can't Follow" Humm...... sounds a lot like saying, "Some BS I posted that I can't explain so I'm just going to post this crap." LOL...... whatever man. I'm fine with whatever judgement this board pass on my intellect. However, I'm looking forward to watching that play out with you.

LOL....... What a joke and believe me, I'm laughing right now, right here.
I'm trying to follow you but you are all over the place.
This concept that is apparently BS per you isnt that complicated. Its not even debatable.

We had the cap space to sign Zeke without Lael signing. I posted our cap space. What more of an explanation do you need?

Just admit it weird dude. You wanted to argue something else and I wouldnt let you try to get me to argue an imaginary point you created for me.

Thanks for the compliments. You clearly see me as someone you wanted to challenge again. I'm all for a debate. But at least lets debate something I actually said and not something you wish I said to make you feel more secure in your chances of success.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's not bad. But he's kind of average to slightly above average, which is fine.

Except when you realize you are paying him as a Top 3 RT. You now have 4 offensive lineman making Top 3 money at their respective positions. What happens now to guys like Byron Jones and maybe Maliek Collins if he has a big year?

I'd much rather have Byron Jones back than La'el Collins. This just seems like an excessive use of resources for one area of the team. And then they are going to pay a TB Top 1 money to go with their highly paid OL.

I don't get it.

My hope was that we would eventually find a way to get him back at guard, but they seem content with him at RT.

I would rather have Jones as well, but we’ll have enough cap for both unless we overpay the triplets

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm trying to follow you but you are all over the place.
This concept that is apparently BS per you isnt that complicated. Its not even debatable.

We had the cap space to sign Zeke without Lael signing. I posted our cap space. What more of an explanation do you need?

Just admit it weird dude. You wanted to argue something else and I wouldnt let you try to get me to argue an imaginary point you created for me.

Thanks for the compliments. You clearly see me as someone you wanted to challenge again. I'm all for a debate. But at least lets debate something I actually said and not something you wish I said to make you feel more secure in your chances of success.

You are not trying to follow anybody. That's not your thing. You are trying to throw stuff up in the air and distract, misdirect. Nothing I've seen you post is what I would consider complicated. Just not relevant. We had cap space, nobody is really questioning that but we also have three guys asking for record money and we have other players that the team is looking at signing. You don't know what that cap space is going to cover or really, if we can do all the deals we are looking at. You can't because you don't even know all the discussions that are going on. You are trying to pass these numbers off as if they are adequate but the truth is you don't know if they are or they aren't. You don't want to admit that you don't know so you try to misdirect. I mean, I know what's going on here, I'm just not willing to participate in this with you. It's a waste of time. I mean, why would anybody allow you to take the conversation down that rabbit hole? Either way, I got what I was looking for. You have no point, you are just talking and that's OK. It's a message board and that's what it's for. There is no point or credibility to what you are posting. I got the answer I was looking for.

Sydla

Reaction score
My hope was that we would eventually find a way to get him back at guard, but they seem content with him at RT.

I would rather have Jones as well, but we’ll have enough cap for both unless we overpay the triplets

Even if they pay "market" for the triplets, the cap space is going to dry up.

Jerry likes offense and I fear they are repeating past mistakes where they have a roster that heavily tilts towards cap space being on the offensive side of the ball and we are left scrambling to plug holes on the defensive side because we let guys walk.

superonyx

Reaction score
You are not trying to follow anybody. That's not your thing. You are trying to throw stuff up in the air and distract, misdirect. Nothing I've seen you post is what I would consider complicated. Just not relevant. We had cap space, nobody is really questioning that but we also have three guys asking for record money and we have other players that the team is looking at signing. You don't know what that cap space is going to cover or really, if we can do all the deals we are looking at. You can't because you don't even know all the discussions that are going on. You are trying to pass these numbers off as if they are adequate but the truth is you don't know if they are or they aren't. You don't want to admit that you don't know so you try to misdirect. I mean, I know what's going on here, I'm just not willing to participate in this with you. It's a waste of time. I mean, why would anybody allow you to take the conversation down that rabbit hole? Either way, I got what I was looking for. You have no point, you are just talking and that's OK. It's a message board and that's what it's for. There is no point or credibility to what you are posting. I got the answer I was looking for.
Sure you did.
The problem is you didnt get the argument you were looking for. You got a completely different one. One that you were not equipped to win.

You want me to disagree so we can argue. This is why you are a weird dude.

Nothing I said was inaccurate.

You and I actually agree that they may or may not need to move some money around to get everyone done right now. Neither of us could know. At no point did I or anyone claim they did know this. You wanted me to though because to you thats a winnable argument. You tried unsuccessfully on several tries to get me to take that position. Unfortunately for you I didn't. I stuck to the point I made initially which is 100% spot on accurate and isnt even debatable.

Next time you want to debate someone how about you spend less time assuming their views and just ask them. You would have saved both of us time.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sure you did.
The problem is you didnt get the argument you were looking for. You got a completely different one. One that you were not equipped to win.

You want me to disagree so we can argue. This is why you are a weird dude.

Nothing I said was inaccurate.

You and I actually agree that they may or may not need to move some money around to get everyone done right now. Neither of us could know. At no point did I or anyone claim they did know this. You wanted me to though because to you thats a winnable argument. You tried unsuccessfully on several tries to get me to take that position. Unfortunately for you I didn't. I stuck to the point I made initially which is 100% spot on accurate and isnt even debatable.

Next time you want to debate someone how about you spend less time assuming their views and just ask them. You would have saved both of us time.

LOL... Dude, your done. It's your argument, not mine. I see through it, I asked you a question specific to what you were saying. Had nothing to do with whatever perceived argument you were having. I just asked you to explain and justify why. You can't, I get it. You aren't a debate, you aren't even interesting enough to discuss, like I said, I got my answer.

You showed me what you have and the answer is, you don't. It's fine, but if you feel better continuing on, that's fine. Beat that horse till it's for sure dead.

coult44

Reaction score
You guys y do realize we save almost 6 million in cap space this year by extending Lael right??? Why is this type of thing always overlooked here??? Or purposely left out because you don’t like the move? Or, you’re responding before you have all the details. Or, Or Or Or

superonyx

Reaction score
LOL... Dude, your done. It's your argument, not mine. I see through it, I asked you a question specific to what you were saying. Had nothing to do with whatever perceived argument you were having. I just asked you to explain and justify why. You can't, I get it. You aren't a debate, you aren't even interesting enough to discuss, like I said, I got my answer.

You showed me what you have and the answer is, you don't. It's fine, but if you feel better continuing on, that's fine. Beat that horse till it's for sure dead.
giphy.gif

superonyx

Reaction score
You guys y do realize we save almost 6 million in cap space this year by extending Lael right??? Why is this type of thing always overlooked here??? Or purposely left out because you don’t like the move? Or, you’re responding before you have all the details. Or, Or Or Or
I think people are not very excited to buy an average player on a high interest credit card.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Depends if you like the way it smells.

giphy.gif

This is where you are at. OK man, keep on with it I guess.

I really wonder though, what you are trying to say with all of these videos and the hot dogs. Seems a little obvious to me. You should be careful here. Not saying I'm surprised you are taking this route, just saying it might not be smart to go this way.