Twitter: La'el Collins Extension Close

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would be a huge mistake. He is too slow footed to play LT. He isn’t half the tackle that Tyron is, even with Tyron having a bad back.

Maybe Connor Williams could handle that role. If Tyron decides to stop playing.

I was thinking the same. I think Connor Williams might make a better candidate for left tackle than Collins.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You think Jerry rented a 1.5 seasons of Cooper (a little more, technically) for a 1st rounder?
Bad move. But if he lights it up this year then we will see. I just have a feeling the way he said he isn’t in a hurry that he is waiting to see jones get his contract. He isn’t julio and isn’t getting 20+ a year from us or anyone. He and his agent won’t be happy.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
He started playing better when Columbo took over. I’m guessing full offseason in the old scheme has him back to end of 2017 where he was looking dominant and he wasn’t even full healthy then.

quickccc

Reaction score
That would be a huge mistake. He is too slow footed to play LT. He isn’t half the tackle that Tyron is, even with Tyron having a bad back.

Maybe Connor Williams could handle that role. If Tyron decides to stop playing.

Actually Lael has the athleticism and has the tools outside - his athletic ability and versatility to flex at every spot outside center are his strengths.
His problems is clearly more mental than physical.

He's a horrible technician. It's like he still hasn't grasp how to use his hands and leverage.
Hand placement is so very inconsistent . Too high, ..too low,. too wide,.. too late, etc.
and other times it's like he's sleepwalking on the snap of the ball.

But whether Lael or Williams ,if either is moved to LT, it would be clear that Tyrone's smith back is
at an near end.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Cause the kid has talent that's why!
Been playing out of position since the start I'm sure they have plans to move him to his natural position at G asap...
Nope. They are going to leave him at RT where he is quite pedestrian.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I don't think Maliek wants anything to do with team discounts.

You read that somewhere or do you know him personally? Or is it a gut feeling that you have from someone that you have never in your life met or even heard much from has he rarely speaks to the media.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Actually Lael has the athleticism and has the tools outside - his athletic ability and versatility to flex at every spot outside center are his strengths.
His problems is clearly more mental than physical.

He's a horrible technician. It's like he still hasn't grasp how to use his hands and leverage.
Hand placement is so very inconsistent . Too high, ..too low,. too wide,.. too late, etc.
and other times it's like he's sleepwalking on the snap of the ball.

But whether Lael or Williams ,if either is moved to LT, it would be clear that Tyrone's smith back is
at an near end.

The short arms hurt the hand placement.

Collins could be better than he is with better technique. No argument there. I just haven’t been impressed with him at all.

If he actually was drafted in the first round by a team, their fans would be talking about how he is an “ok”
Player but disappointing for a first round pick.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You think Jerry rented a 1.5 seasons of Cooper (a little more, technically) for a 1st rounder?

Actually, if you tag him couple times, that would 3.5 years of his service......more than pay for 1st rounder IMO. To be honest, I'm starting to think it may be part of Coop plan.

Beaker42

Reaction score
From a high-level view, this would make for a great story. From a terrible set of events leading to a plummet in the draft, to a Jones-led recruiting campaign, to a "do-right" short term extension, to being happy and wanting to be here and signing a long term deal.

Makes for a positive story.
If only he wasn’t playing RT. He sucks there.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You read that somewhere or do you know him personally? Or is it a gut feeling that you have from someone that you have never in your life met or even heard much from has he rarely speaks to the media.

source.gif

glimmerman

Reaction score
They may sign him and move his position. Everyone was talking about switching him and Conner. We shall see.