Twitter: La'el Collins Extension Close

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Re-signing an underachieving RT doesn't make sense upfront.- and even more so drafting an OG high as the 3rd round (even though he's likely this miss this season) because if
Connor Williams is remaining a OG, the MCGovern pick that high wouldnt make much sense
for the sake of " best available player ". 1st to 3rd rounders are starter types, not backups

Only thing i could think of is there a near future manuever of moving Lael Collins over to the
Left tackle spot,.. with Tyrone Smith's back issue being far worse than what is being let on ?
Lael played the LT role in college at LSU

I'm thinking the same thing Quick.......that's a lot money now invested in OL when we could have easily gone cheaper at RT. Certainly seems like they know something we don't........

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of Collins. But if it’s as team friendly as Jaylon’s deal then I’ll take it.

And I still think Jones is left without a place to sit when the music stops

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This will be the third major contract you’ve done this offseason, and none are Dak, Zeke, or Amari. You would have gotten good odds in Vegas with that bet.

Sydla

Reaction score
This doesn’t make sense to me.

They can’t sign everyone.

Byron Jones and Maliek Collins are likely goners.

This franchise never learns. They are once again loading up in offensive contracts and the defense will end up being weakened because of it.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I’m too lazy to look it up. What’s the top 5 RT average? I assume it’s much lower than LT

Sydla

Reaction score
Top five RT contract?

Cowboys are idiots plain and simple.

Section446

Reaction score
On a positive note, I have heard really good things about how he's looked during this offseason. Maybe that was what spurred the team to lock him up?
That'd be awesome! I put zero into off-season reports though, everyone had a "great off-season". There's no doubt that he's a talented player, but he feels like a weak link on one of the best OL's in the league.

robjay04

Reaction score
This doesn’t make sense to me.

They can’t sign everyone.

Byron Jones and Maliek Collins are likely goners.

This franchise never learns. They are once again loading up in offensive contracts and the defense will end up being weakened because of it.

They’ve done 3 extensions this offseason.

Collins is their first for offense.