Twitter: La'el Collins Extension Close

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Why? Not worth a 2nd contract. Slide William's over to RT next year and insert McMuffin at LG.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Top-five...

That could mean a lot of very different things. The media just loves to divide the total contract by years and serve it up as the end all be all. The real impact of a deal is almost always in the details that never get mentioned. I'll wait to judge.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This doesn’t make sense to me.

They can’t sign everyone.

Byron Jones and Maliek Collins are likely goners.

This franchise never learns. They are once again loading up in offensive contracts and the defense will end up being weakened because of it.
The cap should grow quite a bit with the next CBA. Jerry just trying to get in front of it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m looking forward to hearing Mickey talk about how great a deal this was and how team friendly and smart it is. That will help me feel better.

giphy.gif

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I won't be happy if this contract averages more than 10 mil a year...why draft McGovern then?? You have Tyron, Zack, and Travis under contract for a foreseeable future. Also have Connor Williams for a few more years. Don't get me wrong, I really like La'el but he is at best the 4th or 5th best lineman on a team.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I find it amusing that fans think moving on from a right tackle is so easy and devalue Collins so much. Remember everyone’s whipping boy, Doug Free? It wasn’t easy moving from him either. Clearly the Cowboys value Collins and keeping the young guys along the line together, which is critical whether they invest heavily in Zeke or not.

I also find it amusing that fans think they know whom the team can afford and whom they can’t. For years we sat here and wondered how other teams can sign anyone they want while we were in cap hell. Now we are signing guys, but the fan base doesn’t think we can do it and that we will let other guys go. Dallas can sign anyone they want, all of them. If they let someone leave, it won’t be because they can’t sign him, but because they don’t want to pay what he demands.