Twitter: La'el Collins Extension Close

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tyron is going to only turn 29 during next season and is coming off a year he allowed zero sacks.

His decline is overrated.

Couldn't agree more.

We may not get him for 16 games a season anymore but when he's on the field he's one of the best.

It's worth babying him during the season even if we can only get him for 12 regular season games a year going forward.

superonyx

Reaction score
I don't think Maliek wants anything to do with team discounts. But I agree. I would if I could.
What has Maliek done that deserves worrying about losing?

He's has been a huge disappointment.

He made 19 tackles in 13 games last year.

Who's paying this?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What has Maliek done that deserves worrying about losing?

He's has been a huge disappointment.

He made 19 tackles in 13 games last year.

Who's paying this?

He had a great rookie season, better than Warren Sapp did in his in fact. But injuries and shuffling around the line have negatively impacted him the past two years.

But by all indications, he's had the best training camp of any player on the roster and looks primed for a career year heading into free agency.

superonyx

Reaction score
He had a great rookie season, better than Warren Sapp did in his in fact. But injuries and shuffling around the line have negatively impacted him the past two years.

But by all indications, he's had the best training camp of any player on the roster and looks primed for a career year heading into free agency.
I hear you and I hope you are right.
I don't take any stock on training camp especially for a guy in a contract year.

He started 16 games the year before and had only 22 tackles, only 10 solo.

Based on what he has shown I have no fear of watching him walk away. Hopefully he makes me eat these words.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

So much for Williams being moved to tackle. I think this is interesting in light of drafting McGovern in the third round. Is he simply insurance against Williams failing then, because I'm not in favor of drafting a guy just for depth in the third round. That pick needs to be used on a potential starter.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

So I'm one of the biggest La'el haters here.

The highlights:

Only $10M a year
His CAP hit this year decreases by $5M+, and we can get out after two years. So really only his 2nd year would prevent us from signing players. What happens his 2nd year? Well we can cut Fleming who we won't need now for $5M+ of CAP saving

I'm shocked that I dont 100% hate this deal, still would have preferred not to do it, but it isnt awful

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear you and I hope you are right.
I don't take any stock on training camp especially for a guy in a contract year.

He started 16 games the year before and had only 22 tackles, only 10 solo.

Based on what he has shown I have no fear of watching him walk away. Hopefully he makes me eat these words.

I was really high on him after his rookie year. That's what I did the Sapp research and comparison. These past two years had me second guessing, but I've always felt he was close to breaking out. All of the training camp reports I've seen and heard have been blowing too. And he was unstoppable during the preseason games so I see that as a good sign as well.

But ultimately, I see him as one that will get away just as he's starting to get really good.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

The highlights:

Only $10M a year
His CAP hit this year decreases by $5M+, and we can get out after two years. So really only his 2nd year would prevent us from signing players. What happens his 2nd year? Well we can cut Fleming who we won't need now for $5M+ of CAP saving

I'm shocked that I dont 100% hate this deal, still would have preferred not to do it, but it isnt awful

I'm wrong on one portion, I'm not sure the dead hit if we were to cut La'el after year two. So it could be non-beneficial from that standpoint.

Sydla

Reaction score

The highlights:

Only $10M a year

How do we know we can get out after two years? With $35MM in guarantees (unless they are staggered guarantees), it's unlikely we can walk away in two years with little pain if he's only counting like $5MM towards the cap this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This may explain Zeke flying back home:

:thumbup:

source.gif

superonyx

Reaction score

This may explain Zeke flying back home:

:thumbup:

I love the spin job that the money we saved by paying La'el $50 million lets us sign Zeke.....

Thats like when I go to Kohls and the girl circles my receipt and tells me I saved $40 dollars today because of the sale items..... Trying to play mind games on us. I did't save $40, i fricken spent $150. I would have saved if I never walked into the store.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I love the spin job that the money we saved by paying La'el $50 million lets us sign Zeke.....

Thats like when I go to Kohls and the girl circles my receipt and tells me I saved $40 dollars today because of the sale items..... Trying to play mind games on us. I did't save $40, i fricken spent $150. I would have saved if I never walked into the store.
The salary cap is more complicated than your little Kohl's trip. They slot guys from year to year. This signing opens up more salary cap this year.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
COMES ON BYRON JUST SAY YOU WANT TO BE A COWBOY FOREVER

THATS LITERALLY ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY AND YOU GET FIVE YEARS