La'el Collins - Living up to his contract

RodeoJake

Reaction score

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Collins is rated 100% on his pass blocking.
Is he finally getting it, how much has Colombo helped him.
He never was as bad as the usuals on here said, but so far he looks pretty good.

Maybe partly because he hasn't faced any great DE yet. But this helps build the confidence.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard
How many people said we weren't very good pass-blocking team. I know Limon want to play Smash Mouth they want to blast off the line hit those Defenders. I think we got a squad that can actually do both. I can't wait to play a good team a little bit more aggressive on defense not just sit back and play prevent. Go Cowboys

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Didn't he go up against Kerrigan last Sunday?
Yep. Pretty much whooped him. If memory serves I think he gave up one sack when Dak rolled out of the pocket to his side and Kerrigan peeled off him to make the play.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
How many people said we weren't very good pass-blocking team. I know Limon want to play Smash Mouth they want to blast off the line hit those Defenders. I think we got a squad that can actually do both. I can't wait to play a good team a little bit more aggressive on defense not just sit back and play prevent. Go Cowboys
They were a bad pass blocking team last year. Now they flipped they are better at pass blocking and worse in run blocking this year as a group.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They were a bad pass blocking team last year. Now they flipped they are better at pass blocking and worse in run blocking this year as a group.
I think they are still getting used to Fred being back and Williams. Once they gel. Im hoping by the GB game. I think that line will be elite at both. at that point. I start thinking superbowl, mainly because I think our defense will be coming together by then too.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think they are still getting used to Fred being back and Williams. Once they gel. Im hoping by the GB game. I think that line will be elite at both. at that point. I start thinking superbowl, mainly because I think our defense will be coming together by then too.
I think it's wishful thinking for the defense tbh. Go look up major defensive categories and see where we are.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. Pretty much whooped him. If memory serves I think he gave up one sack when Dak rolled out of the pocket to his side and Kerrigan peeled off him to make the play.

That I believe was on Conner Williams, he slipped, allowed Payne to slip through, and forced him to his right, right into Kerrigan. It wasn't that Kerrigan beat him, Dak was forced into him.
Nate Newton was talking about this on the post game show.

Still give the Commanders credit though, they did what they were supposed to do.

John813

Reaction score
He has made some nice improvements at RT each year.
2017 was a trial by fire going up against some stud rushers.
2018 he looked better and seemed to be more at home against the speed rushers
2019 is a small sample size but he looks to have continued to improve

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That I believe was on Conner Williams, he slipped, allowed Payne to slip through, and forced him to his right, right into Kerrigan. It wasn't that Kerrigan beat him, Dak was forced into him.
Nate Newton was talking about this on the post game show.

Still give the Commanders credit though, they did what they were supposed to do.
Thanks for clarifying. I couldn't recall who exactly it was against.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think it's wishful thinking for the defense tbh. Go look up major defensive categories and see where we are.
I have. And while we arent very good right now. I remember that last season we put out basically the same defense and it was tops in most important categories. They will come together. I trust Richard. Rod not so much. If the DL keeps getting manhandled I see him out the door and Richard being moved up and allowed to do what he wants. We have the pieces. I expect a lot more LB blitzes being dialed up in the coming weeks. This is the same defense that dominated the highest scoring team in the league last year.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
He was always great and I am thankul he received a contract. A Brown and B Jones are overdue for an extension as well. A lot of fans are drama queens that over inflate emotions like the Kardashians on a Jerry Springer episode.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I was all for letting him walk after this season. I didn't think he was terrible, but I figured he would be more expensive than he was worth. He has definitely played better this season IMO and is living up to the money they gave him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I have. And while we arent very good right now. I remember that last season we put out basically the same defense and it was tops in most important categories. They will come together. I trust Richard. Rod not so much. If the DL keeps getting manhandled I see him out the door and Richard being moved up and allowed to do what he wants. We have the pieces. I expect a lot more LB blitzes being dialed up in the coming weeks. This is the same defense that dominated the highest scoring team in the league last year.
And then what happened our defense got smashed in the playoffs. So basically Dak has to play perfect ball for our defense to be successful. That is a terrible gameplan

phildadon86

Reaction score
And then what happened our defense got smashed in the playoffs. So basically Dak has to play perfect ball for our defense to be successful. That is a terrible gameplan
Agreed. I think it will all come together. I would be running to the Jets with a 1st and a 3rd and begging for Jamal Adams. Solves a lot of problems on this defense.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Agreed. I think it will all come together. I would be running to the Jets with a 1st and a 3rd and begging for Jamal Adams. Solves a lot of problems on this defense.
While I like Jamal Adams as well. If quinn doesn't ball we are going to be in big trouble on this d line. again

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He has steadily improved every season and he hasn’t even peaked yet...