La'el Collins - Living up to his contract

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Collins is rated 100% on his pass blocking.
Is he finally getting it, how much has Colombo helped him.
He never was as bad as the usuals on here said, but so far he looks pretty good.

Maybe partly because he hasn't faced any great DE yet. But this helps build the confidence.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

Good posts, other than "the usual" remark. That's looking to start an argument and it's not needed.

On the subject of Collins, he has looked great so far, definitely playing up to that contract and continuing to be a great story, for both himself and this team. A true win-win situation. The line coach change to Alexander messed with all of the linemen, but none moreso than Collins. And now the more he works with Colombo, the more comfortable he is, the more it plays to his strengths, and the better he looks.

One of his biggest challenges has been Ryan Keeeigan, he has given La'el fits in the last, and it was great to see him handle Kerrigan with flying colors this past week.

All we need is a consistent season that maybe ends in a Pro Bowl nod and that will be the icing on the cake. He's off to a great start.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He has made some nice improvements at RT each year.
2017 was a trial by fire going up against some stud rushers.
2018 he looked better and seemed to be more at home against the speed rushers
2019 is a small sample size but he looks to have continued to improve

I was expecting to see more improvement than we did from him in 2018. I think we often aren't realistic with our expectations even when we think that we are.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Lael Collins is the best miracle that Jerry Jones ever created. Spent not a single draft pick on a top 15 talent and signed him to a team-team friendly contract. People may not like Jerry. But once in a while, he does something out of the ordinary. Atta boy Jerry!

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I don’t think many people would’ve said the Collins’ contract was a better investment than Jaylon Smith contract, but after two games it seems that way.

PoetTree

Reaction score
Yep. Pretty much whooped him. If memory serves I think he gave up one sack when Dak rolled out of the pocket to his side and Kerrigan peeled off him to make the play.

It's only considered "giving up a sack" if the quarterback is in the pocket...

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
It is funny to see so many people loving Collins when all summer I read how he sucks and should be gone.