Twitter: La'el Collins on his future position

cern

Reaction score
I just hope the new o-line coach is as capable as frank Pollack.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Of course he wants to stay at tackle, better money in a contract but I think at some point he's moving back to left guard, a better suited position for him IMO....

Yeah obviously he wants the higher paying job. Then if we draft a quality LG like we should, that solves the whole equation. Collins will be happy and the OL should be playoff ready.

cern

Reaction score
big money is typically reserved for lt, not rt. but top guards now making 12-13 million a year. ergo, zack remains unsigned.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd leave him at tackle. That way we only have to work on one position.
OL is different then other positions. You can't just put the 5 best they have to fit like a puzzle. OL has to have chemistry more then any other position group. They have to feel how to pass a defender off and trust that the guy beside them will pick him up.

We are a better team with Collins at RT, Fleming the swing tackle and drafting a LG. Keep the same line only changing LG. You seen what happen last year when changing 2 spots did to chemistry.... Took them a few games to get it together and those earlier losses hurt like Rams, GB and Atlanta. All 3 playoff teams that would have gave us a chance at making the playoffs. Especially Atlanta with the Green debacle

We aren’t talking about a guy that hasn’t played LG before, or even that hasn’t played LG for the Cowboys before. That was Collins position with the Cowboys 2 of the 3 years he has been in the NFL, lining up between Smith and Frederick just as he would if he were to play there now. He would be more in sync with those guys than anyone else we could put there.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s not moving again anytime soon.

cern

Reaction score
We aren’t talking about a guy that hasn’t played LG before, or even that hasn’t played LG for the Cowboys before. That was Collins position with the Cowboys 2 of the 3 years he has been in the NFL, lining up between Smith and Frederick just as he would if he were to play there now. He would be more in sync with those guys than anyone else we could put there.
he could. but his play at rt towards the end of the season was even better than at guard.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
We are likely going to draft someone for LG anyway. So we should be set. The biggest weakness on the offense, is LG and TE. So draft one of those high and do defense the rest of the way.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If Fleming plays well enough then they will move Collins inside and no one has to learn a new position. And both have started at their positions. I don't see us drafting OL early with what we have on board already.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
But he isn't in sync with them now and then the RT would have to get chemistry as well. Good point but I feel would still take some time as it's been a couple years now