Twitter: La'el Collins vs Ryan Kerrigan

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 18, 2019.

1. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

6,781 Messages
    16,929 Likes Received
    Hes becoming an elite Right Tackle when most of us wanted him gone after the season.

2. CapnB

CapnB Well-Known Member

1,220 Messages
    1,437 Likes Received
    LC has struggled with RG since he came in the league. By far the best performance by LC against him.

3. CapnB

CapnB Well-Known Member

1,220 Messages
    1,437 Likes Received
    I didnt want him gone. I just figured he was gone. Didnt think the cap space would be there

jrumann59 and WillieBeamen like this.
  4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

55,946 Messages
    57,410 Likes Received
    Best he has ever played against Kerrigan. It seems great that Collins best has coincided with the year he signed a long term extension. He really looks to be coming into his own as a right tackle.

5. stasheroo

55,946 Messages
    57,410 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Fletch likes this.
  6. stasheroo

55,946 Messages
    57,410 Likes Received
    He's sneaky good. A quiet guy that just plays great.

rocyaice and jnday like this.
  7. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

8,921 Messages
    5,248 Likes Received
    At least we know he isn't a player that got paid and, subsequently, lazy. He's worked hard on his game and it's showing.

I was shocked when he was re-signed (and honestly a little nervous). I didn't think he had a snowball's chance in hell to be here past this season (and not necessarily from a performance standpoint). I just assumed we wouldn't be able to afford to keep him.

The fact that he got paid AND raised his game to a new level is HUGE for this football team. Looking like a homerun from the FO on this one, so far.

8. stasheroo

55,946 Messages
    57,410 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Glad I kept that #71 jersey! In fact, it's the one I wore this past Sunday!
    :thumbup:

skinsscalper likes this.
  9. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

14,654 Messages
    16,733 Likes Received
    I think Kerrigan breaks a leg and loses badly then puts down Mickey Mouse.

xwalker likes this.
  10. skinsscalper

8,921 Messages
    5,248 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm going to request you wear that thing for about the next 20 weeks or so..........

Scotman and stasheroo like this.
  11. stasheroo

55,946 Messages
    57,410 Likes Received
    Can I wash it?

Seven, Scotman and skinsscalper like this.
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

10,058 Messages
    5,116 Likes Received
    Collins has been playing great and he has been the best olinemen these first two games. I thought that they would let him walk and play Williams at RT , which is William’s more natural position, but Collins has been very good. I also like how Collins signed a team-friendly contract and I like the fact that he is a loyal Cowboy that wants to finish his career in Dallas.

13. sbark

sbark Zone Supporter

6,955 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received
    Yup
    Thought late in the game....no mention of la'el name, which like john madden used to say is a good thing, really little mention of any cowboy o.line names

14. cern

cern Well-Known Member

7,901 Messages
    10,574 Likes Received
    He's always been coachable. He puts in the work. Kudos to Stephen for getting him signed.

Tangle_Foot and WillieBeamen like this.
  15. HowardC

HowardC Well-Known Member

1,999 Messages
    2,913 Likes Received
    I agree. Straight up beast.

16. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

14,654 Messages
    16,733 Likes Received
    Collins has been better than people thought from the start. He simply became the whipping boy, still can't figure out why.

17. skinsscalper

8,921 Messages
    5,248 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

stasheroo likes this.
  18. Knotamus

Knotamus Zone Supporter

1,006 Messages
    2,402 Likes Received
    Totally agree. I was more shocked by LC “team friendly” deal than Jaylons by far. The fact that we were able to keep LC long term is amazing and a blessing.

I know this might not make sense to some, but..

The FO being able to obtain Collins long term kinda makes up for the ‘swing and miss’ of Taco Charlton in my eyes. Hear me out.. had Collins walked, sure we could all hope that Conner McGovern (or Conner Williams kicked out to Tackle) would fill the void at RT. But knowing how this team emphasizes OL play.. drafting a OL’man in the top three rounds of next years draft would have been a consideration. Yet now, with the likes of McGovern and others, our OL is locked up for the next 4-5 years and continues to be our strength.

Which indirectly, frees up next years draft to fine tune our talented young Defense. Do we add Secondary help? CB? FS?(or is Donovan Wilson the answer?) Do we take a second swing at DE? DT?

19. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

6,443 Messages
    8,956 Likes Received
    People on here aren’t happy unless they can be unhappy with someone

20. cern

cern Well-Known Member

7,901 Messages
    10,574 Likes Received
    He was moved from guard to tackle with little preparation after Doug free left. By end of first year he was playing well. Then an unexplained coaching change. Also, the days when the defense's best rusher came from the left are long gone. today they're just as likely to rush from the right. He often faces the best rushers.