Lakers - Nola Trade Rumor for Davis

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rumors are heating up around this trade. Reported that Lakers are offering Ingram, Kuz, Ball, Zubic and a 1st for Davis. That is apparently one of 5 different trade proposals on the table.

Would you do this trade?

kskboys

Reaction score
No.

As a team, you must be very careful about bowing down to any player's wishes. Find someone w/ better to offer, and dump him to them.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No.

As a team, you must be very careful about bowing down to any player's wishes. Find someone w/ better to offer, and dump him to them.

Can really only be a team that he wants to go to. He is a Free Agent in 2020.

EST_1986

Reaction score
No.

he blew their leverage for trading him to anyone other than the Lakers

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
he blew their leverage for trading him to anyone other than the Lakers

I think the Celtics are still in play but I think you are right, there only a few teams who can put a deal together.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Rumors are heating up around this trade. Reported that Lakers are offering Ingram, Kuz, Ball, Zubic and a 1st for Davis. That is apparently one of 5 different trade proposals on the table.

Would you do this trade?

Long time Laker fan. Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac (+ a 1st) still need another player to match salaries. Most likely KCP.

5 young players, 2 will be 20+ scorers in this league (Kuzma & Ingram), Ball (who's shot has improved, skys the limit for him), Zubac (showing he has skills), and KCP, a rental. PLUS prob this years pick which will be in the 13-16 range most likely.

That's 6 players for AD. Lakers aren't winning the title this year with Lebron, AD, and then a depleted bench.

NO to trade. I love Kuzma, he's special. Ingram right now is playing his best ball. Losing Lonzo, we'd have nothing behind Rondo (1 year rental).

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No.

No one is gonna offer a better package than the Lakers. Bostons picks are protected, so it won't be the #1 pick for Zion.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Would you do this trade?
wow
hard for anyone to match that offer.
I'd for sure do it if I was New Orleans. They're going to lose the guy anyway eventually.
If these aren't the exact players they want, several are great, young, tradeable assets...in addition to the first.

Last edited:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
wow
hard for anyone to match that offer.
I'd for sure do it if I was New Orleans. They're going to lose the guy anyway eventually.
If these aren't the exact players they want, several are great, young, tradable assets...in addition to the first.

And Phoenix really wants Ball, they can send NO 1 of their young guys if NO doesn't want him.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Long time Laker fan. Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac (+ a 1st) still need another player to match salaries. Most likely KCP.

5 young players, 2 will be 20+ scorers in this league (Kuzma & Ingram), Ball (who's shot has improved, skys the limit for him), Zubac (showing he has skills), and KCP, a rental. PLUS prob this years pick which will be in the 13-16 range most likely.

That's 6 players for AD. Lakers aren't winning the title this year with Lebron, AD, and then a depleted bench.

NO to trade. I love Kuzma, he's special. Ingram right now is playing his best ball. Losing Lonzo, we'd have nothing behind Rondo (1 year rental).

I understand that logic, but doing this trade also leaves room for a max free agent next year. So you'd have AD at the 5, Lebron at the 3 and probably Kyrie running the point, that's about as good as you're gonna get.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I understand that logic, but doing this trade also leaves room for a max free agent next year. So you'd have AD at the 5, Lebron at the 3 and probably Kyrie running the point, that's about as good as you're gonna get.

We'll have around 30 mill this offseason standing pat. Just too much to give for AD imo.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
We'll have around 30 mill this offseason standing pat. Just too much to give for AD imo.

Yea but with this deal you’ll have the cap room and AD. It would be great if you can keep either Kuzma, Ingram or Ball, but the first round pick and Zubac are just sweetners

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yea but with this deal you’ll have the cap room and AD. It would be great if you can keep either Kuzma, Ingram or Ball, but the first round pick and Zubac are just sweetners

And a depleted bench still. If AD was a prime Hakeem Olajuwon, ok, I do the trade.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
C- Anthony Davis, Javale McGee
PF- Carmelo Anthony, Michael Beasley
SF- LeBron James
SG- Josh Hart, Lance Stevenson
PG- Kyrie Irving, Rajon Rondo

Just saying that looks pretty good. Again being able to keep Kuzma or Ingram makes it a no brainer

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
C- Anthony Davis, Javale McGee
PF- Carmelo Anthony, Michael Beasley
SF- LeBron James
SG- Josh Hart, Lance Stevenson
PG- Kyrie Irving, Rajon Rondo

Just saying that looks pretty good. Again being able to keep Kuzma or Ingram makes it a no brainer

Na, J want Lonzo starting. We dont need Irving in the offseason, with other big name free agents available this summer

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
I just asked this in another post, but will repeat it here:

Did the Mavs offer of starting players and multiple first round picks for Porzingis just set the market for Anthony Davis?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I just asked this in another post, but will repeat it here:

Did the Mavs offer of starting players and multiple first round picks for Porzingis just set the market for Anthony Davis?

NO already wants the biggest offer anyways.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the Celtics are still in play but I think you are right, there only a few teams who can put a deal together.
Not really. Ainge may make an offer but it will be very subpar if he wont commit. He isnt trading Tatum for a rental

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kyrie isnt going back to Lebron. If he bolts, then he is going to one of the NY teams

People close to Kyrie called rumors he was considering Lebron a joke. Thats just Rich Paul spreading things to facilitate Davis to LA. He wants Boston out so Davis can join Lebron

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not really. Ainge may make an offer but it will be very subpar if he wont commit. He isnt trading Tatum for a rental

I didn't say that the Celtics would, I said the Celtics are one of only two or three teams who could, or do you disagree with that?