Lamar Jackson turns down Ravens lastest offer

Flamma

Reaction score
So now he he is Bradyesque?!?! He is not worth what he thinks. Obviously the Ravens don’t think he is worth it either.

No chance the Ravens win a SB with him at QB. In 2019 the Ravens had one of the most prolific running attacks in modern NFL history. That helped his passing game a lot that year. Then got bounced the second a team stopped that running attack. If they sign him it will be for the same reason teams sign other QBs that aren't elite. Lack of a better choice. To stay competitive and not have a bunch of 4 and 5 win seasons. Not to win a championship.

Flamma

Reaction score
No team with good sense is going to give him a huge contract. His style of play usually starts limiting production at his age. He has reached his peak and the decline will come fast.

No team that wants to win a SB will sign him. But most of the owners aren't overly concerned with that. They want to keep their teams competitive and popular, and not be picking in the top 5 every year. That's why they'll sign a QB like him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

If you're wondering.........

How much is the QB franchise tag in 2023?

$45.4M

Of note here: The $45.4M exclusive franchise tag is based on the Top 5 QB cap hits for 2023 when the restricted tender period ends (April 20th ish).

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Ravens leaking this could backfire......then again, maybe that's what they want.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Agree 100% .....he could accept their deal, play on the tag or ask for a trade but he's NOT getting a 100% guaranteed deal from the Ravens.

kskboys

Reaction score

If you're wondering.........

How much is the QB franchise tag in 2023?

$45.4M

Of note here: The $45.4M exclusive franchise tag is based on the Top 5 QB cap hits for 2023 when the restricted tender period ends (April 20th ish).

What a greedy moron.

Flamma

Reaction score
What a greedy moron.

Just by the fact he waited this long calls into question his intelligence. Why would you risk that when you could have been paid after year 3? Take the life changing contract first.

If I'm Baltimore I give him the unexclusive franchise tag and hope some team gives me two first round picks for him. I'm like the old Jerry Jones, I want to win.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I don't see the Ravens caving to Jackson and he will likely be with another team in a couple of years, unless they can get a blockbuster trade in the works before that. Jackson's style is too risky to hand over all that guaranteed money.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't see the Ravens caving to Jackson and he will likely be with another team in a couple of years, unless they can get a blockbuster trade in the works before that. Jackson's style is too risky to hand over all that guaranteed money.
And last season's injury could easily be a portent of what's coming. History says he's going to get hurt a lot from here on out.