Twitter: Lamb eligible for contract extension 2023

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

15,765 Messages
    13,188 Likes Received
    I think Gallup is better than Wilson based on watching them play. I do think Dallas should have kept him. He's decent, I'm just not sure what else you're seeing in him that the rest of the nfl isn't.

His market value was like half that of Gallup, and he got paid peanuts by the dolphins.

CWR and Cowfan75 like this.
  2. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld 26 years of 26 years

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    27,288 Messages
    30,322 Likes Received
    How did do you figure Lawrence got paid off one good season? Outside of the season he lost to injury in 2016, Lawrence had 33 sacks combined in 2015, 2017 and 2018 before he signed his contract. If we would have signed him after 2017 he would have been much cheaper

3. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

10,442 Messages
    11,981 Likes Received
    my bad 2 good seasons. 14 and 10 sacks prior to that he had 9 sacks in his first 3 years. He only turned it on in contract seasons, those guys suck and arent' dependable. after contract and not playing in contract season he has 14 sacks in 3 seasons. You dont pay these/those guys.

4. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

45,818 Messages
    30,542 Likes Received
    Its already overly obvious. Thats why they let Cooper go. The guy is a complete stud. IN fact, he has already proven that he is a #1 as he already was last year. And it wasnt forced, it just happened organically. He was just better than Cooper.

Now I do agree there is no way you are going to get one 1500 yard receiver by having two #1's. But then again, thats why its no big deal that Cooper is gone. We had a more talented #1 already on the roster.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  5. Jimbo123

Jimbo123 Active Member

286 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    You trade CD for #1 after 2023
    Draft a WR with the #1 pick on a Rookie contract at 6 mil
    Sign top Free Agent 20 mil
    total 26 mil
    or
    sign CD 26 mil
    which makes more sense?

6. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    33,211 Messages
    28,895 Likes Received
    I don't think Coop leaving had anything to do with CeeDee. But that is water under the bridge now. We will find out now how good of a 1WR CeeDee can be. The Cowboys should get ready to pay CeeDee 1WR money next season.

7. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

5,699 Messages
    6,321 Likes Received
    I'm mainly focusing on his chemistry with Dak. Not just the WR, but who will help our QB the most since he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If Wilson was better than Gallup or he wasn't, I think he could make Dak better. Maybe I've just seen too many balls sail over Gallup's head.

8. darthseinfeld

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    27,288 Messages
    30,322 Likes Received
    Lol he an 8 sack season before a back injury derailed his 3rd season. 8 sacks isnt chopped lover.

We dont give extensions based off of one year. Our problem is we wait too long to extend people, in turn raising their price. Smith is probably only player we extended off of 1 good year and had it back fire. Prescott, Lawrence and Cooper we waited too long and wound up paying significantly more than we would have if we signed them soon. We could have gotten Prescott for 32 per year, and Lawrence and Cooper for about 18 if we signed them when we should have

9. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

15,765 Messages
    13,188 Likes Received
    Me personally, I think they should have paid Wilson. Even though I think Gallup was better, I didn't think the gap was that wide. And Wilson only cost the Dolphins 22M over 3 years. He made a lot of plays for the Cowboys as a WR4. I don't think we would have seen a drop off as WR3. So yeah, I do agree with your point.

AsthmaField and Cowfan75 like this.
  10. DeaconMoss

DeaconMoss Well-Known Member

4,855 Messages
    4,391 Likes Received
    Hopefully before then we will know if he can solve the dropsies.

11. DeaconMoss

DeaconMoss Well-Known Member

4,855 Messages
    4,391 Likes Received
    Said it numerous times. Wilson will be missed. Dallas prob could have signed him for 3 /18. And he would have been a starter for the first 6 games at minimum.

Cowfan75 and Flamma like this.
  12. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

10,442 Messages
    11,981 Likes Received
    8 sacks isn’t $20 million a year. Bottom line he hasn’t been worth his contract at all.

13. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

30,466 Messages
    36,803 Likes Received
    he'll get it.
    he's earned it and is just warmin' up.

14. darthseinfeld

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    27,288 Messages
    30,322 Likes Received
    Well no **** he hasnt lol. But you said he got off of one good year which is completely false

15. MWH1967

MWH1967 The Cook

5,799 Messages
    7,707 Likes Received
    He is a great #1/1/2 Great piece to have but as of now not a dominate guy.

yet.

16. CWR

CWR Well-Known Member

18,169 Messages
    26,608 Likes Received
    Yeah you're not alone. If anyone should be justifying their take its the guy taking Wilson.

AsthmaField and Flamma like this.
  17. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

10,442 Messages
    11,981 Likes Received
    And yet again bottom line is they overpaid. And it was 2 good seasons!

18. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

29,886 Messages
    24,322 Likes Received
    I think it depends on his play. If he shows he's a No. 1 receiver, then we'll reward him while we can extend him and keep the early hits lower.

If not, we'll wait to see if he's worth it. That's the show we've seen before. The Joneses have waited on players who had question marks to make sure the investment was sound. They had no problem extending Zach Martin a year before his contract ran out. Same with Travis Frederick. Ezekiel Elliott also was extended, but he held out with two years left on his rookie deal.

19. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

11,268 Messages
    12,427 Likes Received
    If he has a great year and gets paid:

“DURRRRR DAK HAS SO MUCH HELP!!!”

If he doesn’t have a great year and doesn’t get paid:

“DURRRR DAK RUINED HIM!!!!”

Guaranteed.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
    @PAPPYDOG @MountaineerCowboy @Risen Star

20. black label