Landry believed players with strong relationships with their dads were better equipped for the NFL

The Natural

Reaction score
In before
5I5s8.png

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Any boy growing up with a strong Father figure in their life is better equipped to achieve things in life, that shouldn't be a surprise to people.....
My father had an accident when I was 2. I had zero father-figure in my life. My mother had boyfriends, but they were just dudes to me.
I ended up being my father's caretaker, at the end of his life and after 3 decades of moving him from nursing homes to head injury centers, all the while he never knew who the hell I was.
My mother would tell him I was his youngest son and he would give me the bird and yell "Liar!".

I ended up a good man. A successful (I think anyways) person in my area of business and happy. I have a very happy family and I'm proud of it.
I get that kids having a good, strong father can be an advantage, but it's not the end-all be-all for figuring life and it's challenges out.

There are many single-parent children and they carry Amazing within them.

Last edited:

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
My father had an accident when I was 2. I had zero father-figure in my life. My mother had boyfriends, but they were just dudes to me.
I ended up being my father's caretaker, at the end of his life and after 3 decades of moving him from nursing homes to head injury centers, all the while he never knew who the hell I was.
My mother would tell him I was his youngest son and he would give me the bird and yell "Liar!".

I ended up a good man. A successful (I think anyways) person in my area of business and happy. I have a very happy family and I'm proud of it.
I get that kids having a good, strong father can be an advantage, but it's not the end-all be-all for figuring life and it's challenges out.

There are many single-parent children and they carry Amazing within them.

There's many more single parent children that don't unfortunately....nobody is saying it's the end all be all but the stats are clear, when any child, especially a boy is brought in a strong Father two parent family environment, they do much better...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There's many more single parent children that don't unfortunately....nobody is saying it's the end all be all but the stats are clear, when any child, especially a boy is brought in a strong Father two parent family environment, they do much better...
Fine. Whatever man. I'm not going to fight on this hill. Not worth it.
I'll be happy to hire and I happen to have a partner that's from a single parent family and I won't hesitate to do so again.
You can sleep on the pillow of stats.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree. Mine was non existent but my mom definitely picked up the slack and held down both roles quite well. Made me the man I am today

Huge applause to your mom. Its seems to often the women have to do it alone for he wrong reasons.