LA's hatred for the Rams and Chargers in 2017

BigDGarciaFan

Reaction score
tickets for the colts/rams game are being sold for under $10. Is LA's way of trying to lure as many people to support their team.

As for the chargers, I just hope most people in LA don't shut off their TVs tomorrow. It will be sad if that game go down in the ratings.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
tickets for the colts/rams game are being sold for under $10. Is LA's way of trying to lure as many people to support their team.

As for the chargers, I just hope most people in LA don't shut off their TVs tomorrow. It will be sad if that game go down in the ratings.
wow I just moved from LA, id go in a heartbeat
I was there for the first game back, vs Dallas in preseason but the nosebleeds were $100
guess the novelty has worn off

Ive been in the Chargers new place when it was empty, man it is small. You probably wont be able to tell how small on tv but for an NFL stadium it is really tiny

joseephuss

Reaction score
wow I just moved from LA, id go in a heartbeat
I was there for the first game back, vs Dallas in preseason but the nosebleeds were $100
guess the novelty has worn off

Ive been in the Chargers new place when it was empty, man it is small. You probably wont be able to tell how small on tv but for an NFL stadium it is really tiny

Yep, it is a soccer stadium with a normal capacity of 27,000. They will add 3,000 seats for NFL games.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm moving back close to that area and will go to games(Chargers) as long as it isn't the same time as Dallas :D

I hope they get some support.

sean10mm

Reaction score
The Rams move was bad but somewhat understandable, at least there was a history there - the Rams were an LA team until 1995.

The Chargers were a team that NOBODY wanted in LA. They had a real fan base in San Diego and threw it away for a town where nobody cares about them AT ALL. Dean Spanos is the dumbest owner in the NFL.

LA has proven over and over that they aren't a football town and just don't care, even if you're winning.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Yeah it is unfortunate that LA gets two teams but in the end, the NFL and LA just needed an excuse to build a mega stadium that can hold Super Bowls and World Cups/Olympics

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DJZRldwVoAAsYsx.jpg:large

During the second half. Not being political at all, but I'm glad this is starting to happen. The fans are what created this NFL empire. And by not showing up because they don't support the product, fans can also hit the owners where it hurts the most - in their wallets.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Definition of hatred
1: extreme dislike or disgust :hate
2: ill will or resentment that is usually mutual: prejudiced hostility or animosity

Call me a stick in the mud, but I don't like your characterization of disinterest as "hatred".

That word is being thrown around way too much for my liking. It conjures up different meanings to different people and is being used (intentionally I believe) to discredit people who simply disagree with someone. Words matter.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Yeah, LA just does not give a single crap. "Hate" is something else, like if you tried to move the Patriots to give Florida a 4th team or something.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
DJZRldwVoAAsYsx.jpg:large

During the second half. Not being political at all, but I'm glad this is starting to happen. The fans are what created this NFL empire. And by not showing up because they don't support the product, fans can also hit the owners where it hurts the most - in their wallets.
it is the 9ers though...it does look like a beautiful day for football.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I think that stadium was pretty full when Brady & Edelman went there to kill the team they rooted for as kids.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Did you see the stands in San Fran? Wow.

California hates pro football.

The 49ers suck again so that's the answer.

When they were winning the stadium was packed like anywhere else.

That said, in the architecture world the 49ers stadium is known for being a blunder as the firm that designed it didn't factor in the typical game time and location of the sun. One side of the stadium gets completely roasted (we've been having a heat wave the past few weeks).