LA's hatred for the Rams and Chargers in 2017

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by BigDGarciaFan, Sep 10, 2017.

1. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

4,016 Messages
    4,670 Likes Received
    There's no arguing that's bad.

2. csirl

csirl Well-Known Member

860 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    I think the Chargers stay in LA is somewhat temporary. Waiting for some city wanting to join the NFL ranks to offer a mega stadium deal.

3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

38,072 Messages
    6,210 Likes Received
    I can't figure out why they keep sending teams back to LA.

MonsterD likes this.
  4. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

12,090 Messages
    5,574 Likes Received
    California hates losing football. They will show up if the teams are winning. Between the traffic congestion and everything to do in the Bay Area, I'm sure many would rather do something else than watch crappy football.

5. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

10,257 Messages
    6,988 Likes Received
    LA is over saturated now with sports now. It was a bad move for the chargers to leave. All they did was kill the market IMO.

Trouty likes this.
  6. BigDGarciaFan

BigDGarciaFan Active Member

614 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    SA can host home games, but only on a temporary basis, till they can move to Vegas(if the raiders experiment fails)

7. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

1,074 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    That San Fran picture is amazingly sad LOL. I think there are a lot of things that factor. Losing team, cost to go to a game, traffic, even HD television and the generally amazing experience of watching from the comfort of our homes have an impact now IMO. I think all the penalties, TV timeouts, and general annoyances all factor in to some. To me winning is a cure for a lot of it in the end. If the Cowboys were obviously going to be a 3 win team, I doubt there would be sellouts even in Jerryland but who knows, our fans can be dumb....It might just be time for a contraction too. Maybe a couple teams need to go away...I wouldn't be opposed.

8. Trouty

Trouty Dakistani Zone Supporter

20,193 Messages
    48,726 Likes Received
    I was furious when LA got the Rams and Chargers. I was really hoping the Raiders would come back here. Exciting team.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  9. zekecowboy

zekecowboy Well-Known Member

360 Messages
    268 Likes Received
  10. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

10,410 Messages
    3,247 Likes Received
    That's actually at the halftime kickoff, so it is a little misleading. People are still getting food, going to the bathroom, or otherwise taking a break. Only a little misleading though, not a lot.

dogberry likes this.
  11. revospeed

revospeed Well-Known Member

1,984 Messages
    1,613 Likes Received
    The Chargers should have moved to Las Vegas and the Raiders should have moved back to LA.

12. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

4,016 Messages
    4,670 Likes Received
    There's just more crap to do in California, be it the ocean to the west, mountains, temperate weather, et cetera.

13. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

12,090 Messages
    5,574 Likes Received
    I used to live in the Bay Area and can confirm there is a lot to do on any given day. Awesome place to live if you can afford it and not be too bothered with the traffic.

14. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

3,623 Messages
    2,461 Likes Received
    I'll tell you....I don't think it's just a coincidence that we're seeing this in SF. That picture is pathetic and it's too bad the NFL is set up in a way that that this probably won't hurt them too much financially. But I do kind of laugh when folks attribute this to commercials, the rules, losing, etc. These things have been around forever. I think a lot of this is attributable to to the Kaepernick fiasco. I know a lot of folks will disagree but a lot of the old school hard core fans were turned off.

The NFL will continue to disrespect the fans and now we have two teams that moved to LA in search of more fortune. I hope those moves backfire on the NFL. Personally, I just don't see how LA could handle both the Chargers and the Rams.

15. erod

erod Well-Known Member

18,060 Messages
    21,104 Likes Received
    Kaepernick is just another straw.

It's commercials, concussion fatigue, overseas expansion talk, way too many penalties, off-field arrests, kickoff elimination, penalties for hits that used to be legal, political commentary before games, bullying lectures, gay player lectures, pink month, military month, ticket prices, no more padded practices, constant attention to casual fan marketing.....

Somewhere along the way, it stopped being about football. Plus, California is just weird.

Another thing worth watching...millennials really don't care about sports that much as a whole.

16. Ghost12

Ghost12 Member

76 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I used to live in the Bay Area too, and there was always a really great local option for me to spend my weekends: Drive up to Reno and stay there for a couple days.

17. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

12,090 Messages
    5,574 Likes Received
    You live near Sacramento? Reno or Lake Tahoe not that far.

18. Ghost12

Ghost12 Member

76 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    No, I am back home in Frisco, but I did spend about a year in the Bay Area. During my regular drives to Reno I would go through Sacramento. I remember a lot of road construction but once I got clear of Sacramento, man it was some beautiful driving through the Sierras (Colfax, Truckee, etc...) - except for those times when it was snowing and you got more than you bargained for! :D

viman96 likes this.