LA's hatred for the Rams and Chargers in 2017

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
But this? This is the start of the second half.

920x920.jpg

There's no arguing that's bad.

csirl

Reaction score
I think the Chargers stay in LA is somewhat temporary. Waiting for some city wanting to join the NFL ranks to offer a mega stadium deal.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
California hates losing football. They will show up if the teams are winning. Between the traffic congestion and everything to do in the Bay Area, I'm sure many would rather do something else than watch crappy football.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
LA is over saturated now with sports now. It was a bad move for the chargers to leave. All they did was kill the market IMO.

BigDGarciaFan

Reaction score
I think the Chargers stay in LA is somewhat temporary. Waiting for some city wanting to join the NFL ranks to offer a mega stadium deal.
SA can host home games, but only on a temporary basis, till they can move to Vegas(if the raiders experiment fails)

stiletto

Reaction score
That San Fran picture is amazingly sad LOL. I think there are a lot of things that factor. Losing team, cost to go to a game, traffic, even HD television and the generally amazing experience of watching from the comfort of our homes have an impact now IMO. I think all the penalties, TV timeouts, and general annoyances all factor in to some. To me winning is a cure for a lot of it in the end. If the Cowboys were obviously going to be a 3 win team, I doubt there would be sellouts even in Jerryland but who knows, our fans can be dumb....It might just be time for a contraction too. Maybe a couple teams need to go away...I wouldn't be opposed.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Who thought NFL in LA was a good idea? The Rams can't fill a stadium so we might as well just throw in the Chargers.

The fans in Oakland should be furious.
I was furious when LA got the Rams and Chargers. I was really hoping the Raiders would come back here. Exciting team.

zekecowboy

Reaction score

Kevinicus

Reaction score
DJZRldwVoAAsYsx.jpg:large

During the second half. Not being political at all, but I'm glad this is starting to happen. The fans are what created this NFL empire. And by not showing up because they don't support the product, fans can also hit the owners where it hurts the most - in their wallets.

That's actually at the halftime kickoff, so it is a little misleading. People are still getting food, going to the bathroom, or otherwise taking a break. Only a little misleading though, not a lot.

revospeed

Reaction score
The Chargers should have moved to Las Vegas and the Raiders should have moved back to LA.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
California hates losing football. They will show up if the teams are winning. Between the traffic congestion and everything to do in the Bay Area, I'm sure many would rather do something else than watch crappy football.

There's just more crap to do in California, be it the ocean to the west, mountains, temperate weather, et cetera.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
There's just more crap to do in California, be it the ocean to the west, mountains, temperate weather, et cetera.

I used to live in the Bay Area and can confirm there is a lot to do on any given day. Awesome place to live if you can afford it and not be too bothered with the traffic.

Dodger12

Reaction score
But this? This is the start of the second half.

920x920.jpg

I'll tell you....I don't think it's just a coincidence that we're seeing this in SF. That picture is pathetic and it's too bad the NFL is set up in a way that that this probably won't hurt them too much financially. But I do kind of laugh when folks attribute this to commercials, the rules, losing, etc. These things have been around forever. I think a lot of this is attributable to to the Kaepernick fiasco. I know a lot of folks will disagree but a lot of the old school hard core fans were turned off.

The NFL will continue to disrespect the fans and now we have two teams that moved to LA in search of more fortune. I hope those moves backfire on the NFL. Personally, I just don't see how LA could handle both the Chargers and the Rams.

erod

Reaction score
I'll tell you....I don't think it's just a coincidence that we're seeing this in SF. That picture is pathetic and it's too bad the NFL is set up in a way that that this probably won't hurt them too much financially. But I do kind of laugh when folks attribute this to commercials, the rules, losing, etc. These things have been around forever. I think a lot of this is attributable to to the Kaepernick fiasco. I know a lot of folks will disagree but a lot of the old school hard core fans were turned off.

The NFL will continue to disrespect the fans and now we have two teams that moved to LA in search of more fortune. I hope those moves backfire on the NFL. Personally, I just don't see how LA could handle both the Chargers and the Rams.

Kaepernick is just another straw.

It's commercials, concussion fatigue, overseas expansion talk, way too many penalties, off-field arrests, kickoff elimination, penalties for hits that used to be legal, political commentary before games, bullying lectures, gay player lectures, pink month, military month, ticket prices, no more padded practices, constant attention to casual fan marketing.....

Somewhere along the way, it stopped being about football. Plus, California is just weird.

Another thing worth watching...millennials really don't care about sports that much as a whole.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I used to live in the Bay Area and can confirm there is a lot to do on any given day. Awesome place to live if you can afford it and not be too bothered with the traffic.
I used to live in the Bay Area too, and there was always a really great local option for me to spend my weekends: Drive up to Reno and stay there for a couple days.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I used to live in the Bay Area too, and there was always a really great local option for me to spend my weekends: Drive up to Reno and stay there for a couple days.

You live near Sacramento? Reno or Lake Tahoe not that far.

Ghost12

Reaction score
You live near Sacramento? Reno or Lake Tahoe not that far.
No, I am back home in Frisco, but I did spend about a year in the Bay Area. During my regular drives to Reno I would go through Sacramento. I remember a lot of road construction but once I got clear of Sacramento, man it was some beautiful driving through the Sierras (Colfax, Truckee, etc...) - except for those times when it was snowing and you got more than you bargained for! :D