Last year they didn't deserve to play on opening night this year they do

CoachD

Reaction score
I know all of you remember my post from last year around this time when I said that the Cowboys had no business playing the opening weekend on Sunday night because they were 6-10 the year before and didn't even stiff the playoffs. Well so much has changed in a year with the Cowboys making the playoffs and winning the division the NFL finally got something right by scheduling them once again against Tom Brady and the Bucs, however, they could have had the game at A.T.&T which would have been nice but that's alright the Cowboys even though they lost they outplayed the Bucs last year and they'll get another chance at finally beating Brady.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know all of you remember my post from last year around this time when I said that the Cowboys had no business playing the opening weekend on Sunday night because they were 6-10 the year before and didn't even stiff the playoffs. Well so much has changed in a year with the Cowboys making the playoffs and winning the division the NFL finally got something right by scheduling them once again against Tom Brady and the Bucs, however, they could have had the game at A.T.&T which would have been nice but that's alright the Cowboys even though they lost they outplayed the Bucs last year and they'll get another chance at finally beating Brady.

Well you were dead wrong last year. Maybe the NFL knew what you didnt. That Dak got hurt and that was only reason they didnt have a better year.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This team does not deserve anything.
They already have an entitled mentality
And that's part of their problem.

Flamma

Reaction score

I was going to make a joke about all of us remembering your post last year, but I actually do remember your post!!! :)

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

GMO415

Reaction score
I actually remember that post. Hahaha

Motorola

Reaction score
they need to play all 18 games at 1pm

i cant express how much i dislike primetime games....making me wait all day
Been happening for a while with the Cowboys...and it's not going to change anytime soon.
Dallas have probably averaged no more than 5 early Sunday starts over the last 10 -15 years.
During their downturn era starting at the beginning of the century, they had a lot more, e.g. 2002 - ELEVEN of their 16 games started at 12 Noon central /1pm eastern time.

Overall popularity of an NFL team plus their record over the previous few seasons are the main factors in determining primetime games.

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deserving is not what drives prime time. TV Ratings are the NFL schedule kings. There are multiple team way more deserving than Dallas to be on opening night.

Motorola

Reaction score
Deserving is not what drives prime time. TV Ratings are the NFL schedule kings. There are multiple team way more deserving than Dallas to be on opening night.
Don't know why Cowboys/ other NFL fans are not cognizant \ used to it by now.
Dallas would have to a string of really bad seasons together (three 5-11 years in a row 2002-05) for the primetime games to be reduced.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The whole idea of "deserving it" is stupid IMO. Everyone needs to play week 1 any way. Clearly the NFL thinks the Cowboys playing then is a good idea. It's about money, not skins and the Cowboys bring in the viewers. Don't overthink it
The reason the Cowboys are such a money maker is you have all these fool fans that think if they were to beat the Bucs this is a SB team. And than the other half of the viewers are NFL fans that love to see the Cowboys lose because their fans are so naive. And than a small percentage of fans know the reality is this team is maybe slightly above avg but in way should ever be thought of as a SB contender.