LB Jaylon Smith fined 26,739 for hit on Alvin Kamara

ESisback

Reaction score
Umm I think we all expected the NFL front office to come knocking after that hit. He demolished another NFL Star player. Just pay it....it was a helmet to helmet and he did launch. Jerry...write a check.

Fly poop for Jerry, PLUS it would annoy Goody and his idiotic henchmen, AND his butt buddy Mara! Write the check!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Proof

Reaction score
That's just idiotic. People who hit with the head and go for the head are just lazy tacklers who want the big hit rather than make a tackle. That was not how the game was designed to be played. What is dumb is that players don't have enough sense not to do it and it has to be part of the rules!

worst opinion i've seen in some time.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
That's just idiotic. People who hit with the head and go for the head are just lazy tacklers who want the big hit rather than make a tackle. That was not how the game was designed to be played. What is dumb is that players don't have enough sense not to do it and it has to be part of the rules!
Do You recall that #99 Jets player Mark 'Gaustenu'( m.s.) the "spearing bass turd" Champion of the League awhile back?,,, his STYLE was obviously intentional,,,but,,, this namby-pamby B.S. helmet 2 helmet contact is an inherent ( perhaps unfortunately) nature of the frickin' game,,,:rolleyes:

ghst187

Reaction score
Called that in the game thread right after it happened.
Not sure how you avoid that stuff, maybe we can make the game virtual and slow motion the game?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I just do not get it...

If you’re diving towards a player to grab or tackle him your head is going to be close to him at some point during a collision like that.

The head is not that far from the arms and they bend. So are they saying don’t dive?

Also, where’s the fine to the Saints guy that did clearly what I believe the rule should stop and aim with his head at Dak’s head. ???? He actually bent his head down to make the contact.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
OR, seeing that you are already on the internet, you could take 30 seconds to inform yourself instead making ridiculously wild untrue statements. But I guess that would be asking too much of a person on the internet...
Or having a civil tone and not acting like a ****

Way too much;)

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
But it doesn't explain the overly precise amount for the standard.

Hobby horse of mine - fines should be scaled to cap hit, not an absolute amount. The range of cap hit is almost 100 times from bottom to top. Fines mean relatively nothing to the top paid players in the league, while they can mean a lot to the guys at the bottom
Got it. I believe the explanation comes from the statement at the bottom saying fines will increase 5% each year starting in 2012. So they took the fine amounts beginning in 2011 and started tacking on 5% each year. It is believed the NFL skipped year(s) and didn’t tack on the 5% increase, but that is why there is a specific amount. It is based on 2011 fine schedules and 5% increases added to those over the years.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Was looking at the game again and noticed that there may have been a helmet to helmet hit on Elliot as well. Guess no one noticed. Take a look at Cowboys 1st play during 2nd drive, around the 4:15 mark of this video, or with 8:45 left in the 1st qtr. Was it missed or was that legal based on the run?