LB Twitter talk from Sturm

rags747

Reaction score
Thought I saw that Evans had some shoulder concerns too.

Rayman70

Reaction score
There are four OL id take before Hernandez
none of them will be available at 19. Hernandez could even go earlier. Depends on teams need and if there is a run on oline early. We are all spit ballin. We have no idea what will actually happen.

Sydla

Reaction score
none of them will be available at 19. Hernandez could even go earlier. Depends on teams need and if there is a run on oline early. We are all spit ballin. We have no idea what will actually happen.

It’s questionable any OL other than Nelson will be picked by 19.

And taking Nelson out of it, i’d take four other OL before Hernandez - Wynn, Williams, McGlinchey and Daniels.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Isnt Sturm just a journalist? Just curious

Well he’s a radio guy whose side business is NFL football and writing. There is a guy I followed in Houston..Lance Zerlein...Dad was an NFL line coach ...with exact background and they are also buds on Twitter. Both guys decided to go from radio to part time scouting and they watch film religiously. That’s why I give guys like this a thumbs up...they put in the work vs just guessing on watching the games they saw prime time

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Sturm is always worth a read...even if he isn't a scout or coach. He does the homework to be ballpark and insightful.

Right! Just explained above! I will give a nod to any guy who puts in the legwork, watches film and learns the trade vs being a talking head

CapnB

Reaction score
Well he’s a radio guy whose side business is NFL football and writing. There is a guy I followed in Houston..Lance Zerlein...Dad was an NFL line coach ...with exact background and they are also buds on Twitter. Both guys decided to go from radio to part time scouting and they watch film religiously. That’s why I give guys like this a thumbs up...they put in the work vs just guessing on watching the games they saw prime time

Okay cool. Didnt realize he had that kind of background

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

And taking Nelson out of it, i’d take four other OL before Hernandez - Wynn, Williams, McGlinchey and Daniels.
I keep seeing Hernandez hype on here. Is his pass protection good? Seems like all everybody talks about is his strength and being a mauler.

btcutter

Reaction score
giphy-12.gif

2v27pj.gif

What the point of showing Evans running straight to the QB unimpeded? He plays behind a dominating Bama front. He maybe a player but these two plays showed me nothing.

gmoney112

Reaction score
The reasoning that LVE has higher upside is because of his story and athleticism.

Played 8 man or whatever in high school, walked on at Boise, got injured sophomore year but stayed healthy junior year and worked himself into the 1st round discussion.

Thinking is he obviously has a solid work ethic, and if he's able to improve that much so quickly, he could really be something in the Pros. Combined with his size and athleticism and there you go.

I actually like Evan's more too, but Vander Esch is intriguing.

Rayman70

Reaction score

WHICH...is why we could see a run on oline earlier than we think. Its very possible Seattle for example, would take a guy like wynn . So Hypethetically the 2 Notre Dame kids are gone,as well as Wynn at 18...then at 19...its between Daniels,Hernandez,Williams...and Evans(LB)...I'm taking the guy that fits oir scheme the best,and that's either Hernandez or Evans. I may lean towards Evans because is may be the best LB in this draft that isn't getting the love he deserves. We have a huge need there too.