LB went from a question to a strength

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Get ready to be impressed ...... this unit will move furniture and fly around the ball......3 playmakers

i

John813

Reaction score
I concur with the word potential before strength.

LVE has the makings of a prototype MLB. Size speed etc. But can it translate to the NFL?
Smith was the ideal linebacker pre injury but wasn't bust proof either. Two years in the league .Some games he flashed that potential other games he looked bad .We'll see how his third season goes .
Lee is a top 5 linebacker but has durability issues.

Sydla

Reaction score
LB has not going to a "strength" on July 23rd considering neither LVE or Smith has taken a single snap in the 2018 season yet.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
LB has been a weakness for years, specifically in pass coverage.

Lee staying healthy all season (and also not playing injured) is a huge question mark. Do we have the depth in case?

Smith, while is an amazing feel good story is a question mark as well. After seeing his knee injury, I cringe every time I see him run laterally.

LVE. We've seen nothing yet.

Dwight

Reaction score
Until the FO addresses the DT issue the LB unit may suffer future injuries and maybe inconsistent.

If there were two solid DTs starting I would be hyped about the LBs but since this team doesn’t have them there is concern.

LVE is a solid pick though.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
eady
LB has not going to a "strength" on July 23rd considering neither LVE or Smith has taken a single snap in the 2018 season yet.

Nobody has taken a single snap in the 2018 season yet. Besides, July 23 is not the key date for when these guys need to be fully ready for the regular season.

Sydla

Reaction score
Haterade

Seriously you guys need to take the collective sticks out of you butts and try happy for once

Stevie Wonder can see this group is going to be really good

LOL.

I am happy in terms of the potential we have at LB. But concluding that LB is now a "strength" when one guy is a rookie and the other hasn't really played yet at high level coming off a major knee injury is getting way ahead of the ball here..........

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it is still a question but I hope it turns into a strength.

LVE is still a rookie and I have no clue how he will do, and I don't know how anyone does as he was injured through some of the minicamps.
Sean Lee is all world when healthy but has had trouble staying on the field and is not getting any younger.
J.Smith Showed some flashes and although some said he sucked last year, he did put up numbers...but he was still learning, still injured. Who knows if he is 100% yet or just giving lip service.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nobody has taken a single snap in the 2018 season yet. Besides, July 23 is not the key date for when these guys need to be fully ready for the regular season.

Huh? You are proving my point.

How can you project our LBs are now a team strength when one of them has never played in a NFL game yet and the other still hasn't shown yet in a full season he's completely healthy and ready to match the hype before getting hurt?

Potential? Hell yeah. They have oodles of potential at LB. Strength? With no evidence yet?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
LOL.

I am happy in terms of the potential we have at LB. But concluding that LB is now a "strength" when one guy is a rookie and the other hasn't really played yet at high level coming off a major knee injury is getting way ahead of the ball here..........