News: LBS: Dez Bryant has reportedly been 'pleading' with Cowboys to bring him back

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Looks like 2 yrs out of the NFL for Dez has brought stark reality an empty bank account and a humble hunger to play the game he loves . I would let him compete in camp broke , irrelevant , hungry and scared of complete failure could have changed him quite a bit

Wait.....empty bank account? He blew his many millions?

ultron

Reaction score
Dez as the 3rd option in the slot is interesting, I think someone said Cobb wants around 7m/year which the Cowboys aren't going to pay - so idk.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
TO situation 2.

Good coach. Check.
Dumping a ' malcontent but gifted player/wr' on the team by Jerry. Check.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Looks like 2 yrs out of the NFL for Dez has brought stark reality an empty bank account and a humble hunger to play the game he loves . I would let him compete in camp broke , irrelevant , hungry and scared of complete failure could have changed him quite a bit

There has been no reports anywhere that i have seen of Dez squandering his money, the rest i agree with but throwing out that Dez has an empty bank account without any proof is just wrong

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There has been no reports anywhere that i have seen of Dez squandering his money, the rest i agree with but throwing out that Dez has an empty bank account without any proof is just wrong
It's not about money, it's about returning to being relevant. He got blindsided when he went to that meeting with Booger planning on giving up some money only to be fired. He hasn't had a lot of male role models to look up to in his life and Booger supplied one to him. And he rejected him and his reaction was exactly what I would expect with his maturity level. "I'll show you"!!

One thing he never figured out. When he threatened to be a no show, that drove a wedge into the relationship so when others like McClay, Garrett and his son suggested he be fired, it wasn't a hard sell.

Lawrence learned for that and he welcomed the tag when it came, even said up front he was good with it. Prescott has not addressed that part of it yet because he knows, it's really not just business with Booger. That's why he made that comment when Elliott got pissed and went back to Mexico. With his stars, it's not business, it is personal.

erod

Reaction score
What are you reading what I've seen and heard is that there intrigued but will leave it up to Staff
Several reporters here who are very tied into sources (Jerry and Stephen) have said they were told that there is absolutely no interest.

Dez burned every bridge.

erod

Reaction score
Yes, but hopefully 2 years out of the NFL have given Dez a reformed attitude.
He's old, even slower, lost his vertical, and doesn't have Romo to throw back-shoulder fades to him. He was a product of Romo.

Dak has no idea what to do with him.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Give Dez a tryout, if they feel he can play and won't be a distraction go for it. If he can still jump they could use a red zone target.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Dez Bryant has reportedly been 'pleading' with Cowboys to bring him back

Dez-Bryant.jpg

Dez Bryant has sent numerous tweets campaigning for NFL teams to sign him over the past several months, and that includes trying to convince the Dallas Cowboys to give him another shot. Apparently he has taken that pitch directly to his former team as well.According to ESPN's Ed Werder, Bryant h

Read Full Story
But I thought when he left he said he was looking forward to facing us twice a year.

Reactions: G2

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This isn't going to end well. When he gets rejected and the realization dawns on this dummy that no one wants him I home he isn't allowed on the Star. I sure as hell hope he doesn't own a gun. He's just the type to shoot the place up. Mark my words.