Leadership aside, is Cowboys Dak Prescott ready to fix issues in 2018?

zerofill

Reaction score
And Dak threw a couple of picks, lets not forget that either. I really don't remeber Dez dropping any passes that game, remind me please. I know he was thrown to 6 times in that game and caught 3 of them. Dez did have a fumlbe in the game, maybe that is what you are thinking of

he actually fumbled... Dez did...

zerofill

Reaction score
I remember what he is talking about now. Dak's 2nd pick was the pass he threw behind Bryant on a short crossing route that Bryant had to reach (behind) back for and it went off his hands. It was a bad pass thrown way to hard and would not be considered a drop by anyone
One of my problems with Dak is touch... That was an example there. If you want to throw it 80mph, throw it where the receiver has the best ability to catch it... not directly at the defender... defender was making a b-line straight for it, he threw it hard as hell behind him to the left. Dez wasn't really moving either.. Supposed to throw it away from where the spot the defender is running to. 1st interception was an example of his poor mechanics.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
yep nobody could survive this.. oh yeah the eagles did and they lost their starting QB.........
his pocket awareness and fear is what costed us. the glitch
Come on! The Eagles actually had a backup tackle that could play at a very high level. We had a scrub who almost set a record for sacks given up in a game and Garrett was to stupid to chip for him. You constantly mention Dak’s glitch/fear of the pass rush. I don’t see.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It's not that he was figured out it was that opposing D's took away what we did best and Dak wasn't able to make them pay for it. All teams and QB's have tendencies and that is what game tape shows. Teams tried to take away our running game last year and our short passing offence, only way to beat that is to either keep beating them with the run (which we couldn't do with or without Zeke) or to beat them downfield with the intermediate passing game which does not seem to be Dak strong point. A short passing game will only work if you have at least the threat of going downfield or deep sometimes. Our offensive passing game scared nobody last year and it really won't scare anybody this year either
You have no response to my comments on the blocking last year and Garrett’s idiotic choice, to not chip for the backup tackles, when Dak is getting hit on every play. It’s kind of hard to throw intermediate and long passes when your being hit or sacked.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Nick Foles is an average QB, nothing more. he had a very nice run last year filling in for Wentz good for him he earned, every bit of it but there is a reason he isn't a starter in the NFL
I thought he looked great in the SB. Yes your right about not being a starter

waving monkey

Reaction score
Dak should be beyond Foles... he is the starter of the Dallas Cowboys. There shouldn't be backups that are better or on par with him.

We can beat people with Dak... I am sure of that. Do I think he can become better? Yeah, I am pretty sure of that. Give anyone long enough, they will get better. But it has been 23 years for the Cowboys. I don't want to wait 6 seasons for Dak, to develop. He isn't going to have the luxury of the greatest line in Football, or the best running back, every game... life sucks. But, elite QBs find a way to win, no matter what.

Do I think he wants to win? I think he is very competitive and wants to win. I just don't think he has all the tools required.

Again, I hope I am wrong. I actually hope Dak lights it up and passes for 5k yards, and Zeke runs for 2k... I just am not holding my breath on the first one of those 2 for sure.
Dak is beyond Foles

zerofill

Reaction score
Yeah, there is so much excitement to sign Dez. Who is he playing for? Oh, that’s right, no one. LOL

NFL.com article said several teams have contacted him. Highly unlikely he doesn't sign with someone when it gets closer to real practice time. I am sure he is looking for something he thinks will fit him as well. Doesn't really matter either way, he isn't a cowboy now. And because of the chemistry he and Dak had.. There was no reason to keep both of them.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Nick Foles is an average QB, nothing more. he had a very nice run last year filling in for Wentz good for him he earned, every bit of it but there is a reason he isn't a starter in the NFL
After watching Foles in the playoffs and the Super Bowl vs the best of the best, play exceptionally well, especially in the Super Bowl, why do you think he is not starting material? Foles is a great example of coaching matters. That is why Dak is hand cuffed, Garrett!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I understand football, and yes Dak was a very big part of many of the problems. He is definitely not innocent in all of it. You basically, are giving the narrative everyone is saying more ammunition. If he is surrounded by the best, he will be his best. I am looking for the QB that doesn't have to be surrounded by 8 Pro Bowl players on offense, to be successful. We see it done all the time... Now the question is, can he do it?
Dak doesn’t need 8 pro bowlers, he needs a HC with COMMON SENSE! If you understand football, when your backup tackles are getting beat like a drum, you chip for them or find away to lessen that weakness? Did Garrett do that last year? If you say No, which if you watched the games, of course you would say No, then Dak was not the problem on offense last year, Garrett was!!

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Come on! The Eagles actually had a backup tackle that could play at a very high level. We had a scrub who almost set a record for sacks given up in a game and Garrett was to stupid to chip for him. You constantly mention Dak’s glitch/fear of the pass rush. I don’t see.
Your talking about 1 game...1 friggin game

zerofill

Reaction score
Dak doesn’t need 8 pro bowlers, he needs a HC with COMMON SENSE! When your backup tackles are getting beat like a drum you chip for them or find away to lessen that weakness? Did Garrett do that last year? If you say No, which if you watched the games, of course you would say No, then Dak was not the problem on offense last year Garrett was!!

You are talking about the Atlanta game, and I said that was a joke in another thread. But, that was one game, which didn't define the season. But, I do agree, Garrett and Linehan should be gone.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You have no response to my comments on the blocking last year and Garrett’s idiotic choice, to not chip for the backup tackles, when Dak is getting hit on every play. It’s kind of hard to throw intermediate and long passes when your being hit or sacked.

Coaches should have done that, i agree but what competent QB also wouldn't do it himself if he saw what was going on? Dak couldn't have sent Witten over to that side to help out? C'mon

zerofill

Reaction score
Coaches should have done that, i agree but what competent QB also wouldn't do it himself if he saw what was going on? Dak couldn't have sent Witten over to that side to help out? C'mon

Should have just stuck Dan Bailey over there that game... he would have done better.